Private First Class - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i get pfc from three years of njrotc and i got the two referrals for the promotion as well...i think i've got it...

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Well you found your way to a Marine Recuiter. How did that happen Woody?
    I have always wanted to enlist in the Marine Corps (my mom is a Major in the Air Force and she hoped I would choose AF after college but...)

I also don't like to do anything half***ed and pampered...what would be the fun in that...

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    LOL... i remember the day when it was aye LCPL and omg if an NCO spoke to you it was like god speaking from the burning bush...
    Its still very much like that. If you are a senior Lance Corporal (Been to Iraq, or somewhere else) you are treated almost like an NCO. Boot Lance Corporals are still treated like Boots... At least in the grunts.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    That is true, but it can be limited to different branches of the services due to programs at the school.

As in my school there is Army and Air Force ROTC and they are the only two branches that are allowed to recruit on our campus. It is due to the programs that are there and therefore the Navy and the Marine Corps as well as the Coast Guard are unable to recruit on any school property. However, for highschool I am unaware of any recruiting policies regarding who can/cannot recruit at the school due to the funding issue.
    No, that is a violation of federal law. If there is an AF ROTC program, or no ROTC program doesn't matter. They have to allow recruiters on campus to receive federal funding.

The decision that would apply is Rumsfeld v. Forum for Academic and Institutional Rights (F.A.I.R.) which upheld the Solomon Amendment passed in 1994.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well your going to be called worse things than Recruits or Privates, "Maggots, terds, herd, best part of you ran down your mammas leg, did your parents have any kids that lived, I didn't know that stacked **** that high, only thing they have is steers and queers and you don't have horns so it narrows it down, So you think you will be called anything nice ?

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    No, that is a violation of federal law. If there is an AF ROTC program, or no ROTC program doesn't matter. They have to allow recruiters on campus to receive federal funding.

It's kinda funny because my school is an AJROTC school, which by the way is why I'm receiving PFC, But my school is also a Marine school meaning that the Marines recevie the most people out of all the brances from my school. This has been going on now for at least 8 years. My SAI said that they just about have to beg Army recruiters to come to our school. Which is probably why I've seen my recruiter about 10 times at our school and the Army only once and that was the day we took the ASVAB.

my school is the same way, everyone that doesn't go to college, wants to be a marine...thats why we're the smartest school in sc...

Thread Information