Private First Class - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CantWaitToSign
    Haha my recruiter is giving his recruits a sweet deal where as we get one referral to sign up he'll give us our second referral himself..talk about being a dedicated recruiter!
    Dedicated? No, smart. He has to get his quota. Most people that enlist will be because of his work, not from a poolee doing it. So, he cut his work load a little by setting the bar lower. If you all can get one, just one, person to enlist you will get a promotion. More people are going to make the effort then.

I'll be getting my PFC promotion because I did 2 years of JROTC.

I'll be getting contract PFC though 2 years of NJROTC soon to be 3.

I guess I say dedicated because the recruiter my brother had when he signed up was all buddy buddy with him but as soon as he signed the papers the recruiter acted like he didnt even know him, and my recruiter is the complete opposite they say they would gladly go to the mall with us to help us get our referrals. My brother was all on his own. Another thing that sucks...my school doesnt allowed the Marines to come and talk to us students. For example they say that all the other highschools let them walk around during lunchtime and try and recruit people. My school doesnt let them come in and if they do wanna talk to anyone they have to make an appointment and even then it is unlikely they will be allowed to come. Very homosexual of my school if you ask me

I shall have PFC at graduation due to college hours. I've got an associates', which I've been told will help a great deal with advancement later on as well, especially trying to get into MECEP.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's pretty amazing to me how many ways a recruit can make PFC or even LCpl out of boot camp. When I was in there were only two ways to make PFC out of boot, prior service contract PFC, or meritoriously. Only 10%, max, of the platoon could make meritorious PFC.

My platoon graduated 65 Marines, one was a contract PFC (three years prior Army service), and six meritorious PFCs. And there was a question as to whether the contract PFC counted against the 10% meritorious figure (it didn't).

LCpl wasn 't even a dream in boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by CantWaitToSign
    I guess I say dedicated because the recruiter my brother had when he signed up was all buddy buddy with him but as soon as he signed the papers the recruiter acted like he didnt even know him, and my recruiter is the complete opposite they say they would gladly go to the mall with us to help us get our referrals. My brother was all on his own. Another thing that sucks...my school doesnt allowed the Marines to come and talk to us students. For example they say that all the other highschools let them walk around during lunchtime and try and recruit people. My school doesnt let them come in and if they do wanna talk to anyone they have to make an appointment and even then it is unlikely they will be allowed to come. Very homosexual of my school if you ask me
    And, if I remember correctly, very illegal of your school if it's a publicly funded school. Of course, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember this issue being in the news not too long ago.....maybe it was just college campuses though.

S/F

MSgt, you are correct. A school that receives any federal funds must allow the recruiters to be there.

Well Smack my ass and call me Jimmy! I should probably inform my school about that...

That is true, but it can be limited to different branches of the services due to programs at the school.

As in my school there is Army and Air Force ROTC and they are the only two branches that are allowed to recruit on our campus. It is due to the programs that are there and therefore the Navy and the Marine Corps as well as the Coast Guard are unable to recruit on any school property. However, for highschool I am unaware of any recruiting policies regarding who can/cannot recruit at the school due to the funding issue.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well you found your way to a Marine Recuiter. How did that happen Woody?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As I remember it in the 80's, Recruiters were allowed to visit during the lunch breaks and could stand in the foyer, or in front of the lunch room, as long as it didn't interfer with the students lunch or studies. They could visit with any, and all, that wanted to come to them and talk! Recruiters were never allowed a one on one with a student at school, those were always at the prospects home or in the office of the recruiter! This is in Tennessee ( which may have change since then)! I don't know about the rest of the states!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Well you found your way to a Marine Recuiter. How did that happen Woody?
    Ever since I can remember I've always wanted to be like my dad..A MARINE! and as I got older I found my own reasons to be a Marine and that is how I found them...they havent been to my school in so long that when they came to my school to sign papers with me they had no clue where it was haha

i will be a PFC upon Graduation from 3 years of NJROTC. unless i get company Honor Grad. if i get that i will be LCPL.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    As I remember it in the 80's, Recruiters were allowed to visit during the lunch breaks and could stand in the foyer, or in front of the lunch room, as long as it didn't interfer with the students lunch or studies. They could visit with any, and all, that wanted to come to them and talk! Recruiters were never allowed a one on one with a student at school, those were always at the prospects home or in the office of the recruiter! This is in Tennessee ( which may have change since then)! I don't know about the rest of the states!
    That's how it was in my high school, and I know still is that way.

Thread Information