Ab Exercises
Create Post

Thread: Ab Exercises

Ab Exercises

I ran a search looking for any threads that listed any good ab exercises and couldn't find anything. But can any Marine or Poolee tell me of some good ones besides crunches?

Sit ups, V-Ups, hanging knee raises, flutter kicks.

Do those and you'll be perfect.

Cool, thanks E4B, but I don't know what V-Ups are, does anyone have a link to a site that might have pics of V-Ups?

Lay on your back. Raise your feet (keeping your legs fully extended and knees locked) and your shoulders off the ground- forming a "V"

Flutter kicks is when you put you hands under you butt and you lay flat and you swing your legs up down with your knees locked???

A Drill Sergeant told me to get used to doing that, but I don't know if thats a flutter kick or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Flutter kicks is when you put you hands under you butt and you lay flat and you swing your legs up down with your knees locked???

A Drill Sergeant told me to get used to doing that, but I don't know if thats a flutter kick or not.
    Lifting your legs up and down with them together is just called leg lifts and lifting each leg seperately (in a scissors-like motion) is flutter kicks. At least that's the way I learned it and it sounds logical.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    Lifting your legs up and down with them together is just called leg lifts and lifting each leg seperately (in a scissors-like motion) is flutter kicks. At least that's the way I learned it and it sounds logical.
    Right.

That is a flutter kick. But, put your hands on your stomach not under your butt. When you do them in boot camp you'll have your hands under your butt but it is a better workout to do it the other way.

Aye Cpl. Thanks for the clear up.

put your legs on a bed or couch and then put your right elbow to left knee and so on...works really well for me...but i need to do more of those leg lifts...cause they just kill me.

Just did Flutter Kicks, and boy do they suck ass.

I failed to mention that your heels are to be six inches off the deck. That doesn't mean five or seven- and yes it matters. There will be times when you simply hold your feet at six inches until the DI gets tired of watching you do it.

Hello Dollys is another option. You start in the same position, but rather than flutter kicking you spread your legs and close them- keeping your heels six inches off the deck the entire time.

Whats a dying Cock-Roach?

Something close to what I described as a v-up.

Thread Information