How do you take your coffee?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you take your coffee?

There have been a lot of deep and volatile discussions lately, so I figured I would start a different sort of thread. The question is "How do you take your coffee?" The reason I ask is that I am a little concerned about myself lately. I have been a coffee drinker for the better part of 25 years, and a lot of that coffee drinking consisted of pouring the instant stuff straight into my mouth and chasing it with a cup of water. Always black. No cream, no sugar, no nothing. That is until I met my wife, about two and a half years ago. The first time she brought me a cup of coffee, it was loaded with some sort of flavored creamer, which quite frankly, improved the whole coffee experience immensely. So, here I am, two and a half years later, and drinking my third cup of the day, and have used a creamer which makes it taste like a cup of hot cocoa, and I am wondering...is it time for some hormone therapy, or is this OK??? Let's hear it, Marines...I can take it!!! lol

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Straight up nothing in it. Every once in a while that hazelnut flavored is good.

A good Irish coffee is great for medicinal purposes on some of those foggy mornings.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't drink coffee as much as I used to - Diet Pepsi is my poison now. When I first started, early in my USMC career, I did cream and sugar (three or four spoonfuls). Before I got out six years later, I was a straight black coffee drinker. Still am when I do drink it.

My Cuban in-laws thought I was nuts when I drank Cuban coffee straight black. They know I'm nuts now.

Sometimes I liked a coffee mocha in the field, MRE style. Black coffee mixed with MRE cocoa, one sugar pack, and one creamer pack.

I have always prefered my hot tea with milk and sugar, even now.

Tastes change.

black with a dash of honey

A little sugar, since I'm so sweet, with some cream..

Ellie

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    When I drink coffee it is black no sugar. I generally drink tea

Instant, black coffee!!!

just plain old river bank coffee with the ground just put in with the water. It keeps the worms away

Semper Fi
    and Carry On

Fresh ground, fresh brewed, straight no additives!

Once in awhile chased with B&B a habit I picked up from my Dad.

Hey, what is black water for making coffee? Is that from the swamps around Muskegon?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    HOT,STRONG & BLACK!!!

Black with a bit of sugar. I could stick my finger in it, but then it would get too sweet.

When I flew a desk for an insurance company, we had a cappucino machine in the coffee mess. I found a cup of that went well in the middle of the afternoon.

crate

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    BLACK, three scoops to a pot. Life ain't worth running till that 2nd pot starts to brew.

Don't care for starbucks or ben&jerrys or javamochavon'nilla or any other such crap.... just coffee.
    And yep... 'riverbank' coffee is pretty good. Foggy frosty morn, camp starts to stir, and mrB's already got a pot setting on the side of the fire pit. SHOCK it with a shot of cold water, and the grounds fall to the bottom. Pour off a cup or too (gently) and then let her set buy the coals.
    Ahhhhhh ......

Best coffe I ever had... came from a 'steel pot' somewhere in the Med, early '78. Freezin Fkn cold, miserable, everything wet, and we finally convinced Gunny to let us build a fire to put some brew on. We thru every scrap of coffee, cocoa (B2 unit), creamer, sugar, and sh!t disc (B3 unit) into that helmet. Dam... it was good !!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Foggy frosty morn, camp starts to stir, and mrB's already got a pot setting on the side of the fire pit. SHOCK it with a shot of cold water, and the grounds fall to the bottom. Pour off a cup or too (gently) and then let her set buy the coals.
    Ahhhhhh ......

Cowboy Coffee!!!!! Outstanding!!!!!!!!!

Black and hot.

Black with a little dash of cinnamon

Cantrell

Thread Information