Shipping Date Changes
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shipping Date Changes

I am slated to ship on May 14th, thats the day in my contract. Which I think will be the Sunday/Monday deal. My question is how hard is it to switch my date just a couple of days. I think my friend said that the Marines ship Monday-Wednesday. How hard will it be for me to just move it so I ship Wednesday and get there on Thursday. I have a few things I want to wrap up before I go. This is also my hardest semester so far in college and I have 4 of my 5 finals on Thursday/Friday so I want some time to unwind. The reason I'm asking here instead of my recruiter first because if it is as hard as switching different weeks, I won't even bother. But I'd really like to ship just a few days in the same shipping week.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DUCK!

INCOMING..............................

What? Are you kidding me? What if you were already in the Corps and you found out you had to ship to Iraq on Monday - what would you do? Call up the SgtMaj and ask him if you could ship out a few days later because you just want to "unwind" from exams or you have a few things you would like to wrap up? I don't think so.....................you better take the next 2 days and square yourself away and get on that bus/plane/train/big wheel come Monday morning.

I can imagine this phone call...

"hey there buddy... Yeah SSGT what ever... Hey listen, monday through wednesday wont cut it for me... yeah I have some things I need to handle... yeah, if you could schedual me in for bootcamp on friday that would be fabulous... OK great! Your people call my people and we'll do lunch"
    Hawks... are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into?

usually they have slots and everything i dont think it would be too hard...

BUT keep in mind the later you go to bootcamp you have to atch up with all the other recruits who arrived on monday. That means you are going to be rushed thru medical dental and then youll have to take your IST on that friday. The time to unwind is after you leave meps i recommend sleeping every moment possible if you're taking a plane then sleep on it and sleep at the USO as you'll be up all night and wont sleep till the next night...

Basically it is always wiser to leave on a monday if you need to unwind rub one off in the bathroom on your flight over

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    Basically it is always wiser to leave on a monday if you need to unwind rub one off in the bathroom on your flight over
    ROFLMAO, that was the best advice that i have seen on here in awhile!

I knew some Marines on here would give me crap about it. But, there are more then this to that. I do know what I'm getting myself into. If I were shipping out to Iraq it would be much different, a lot different. I have all my tests which means a lot of studying, not to much of keeping myself squared away. On top of that, I'd like to see my Dad and one of my brothers (who will both be out of town) from Sunday - Tuesday for some visit college visit for football and something else out of town. I have not seen them very much at all this last semester. I know it sounds like I'm *(@*$*&@$ about stuff, but I'm ready to go, just would like 2 extra days instead of waiting a whole another week.

Quote Originally Posted by hawks
    I knew some Marines on here would give me crap about it. But, there are more then this to that. I do know what I'm getting myself into. If I were shipping out to Iraq it would be much different, a lot different. I have all my tests which means a lot of studying, not to much of keeping myself squared away. On top of that, I'd like to see my Dad and one of my brothers (who will both be out of town) from Sunday - Tuesday for some visit college visit for football and something else out of town. I have not seen them very much at all this last semester. I know it sounds like I'm *(@*$*&@$ about stuff, but I'm ready to go, just would like 2 extra days instead of waiting a whole another week.
    As Marines it is both our perogative, and our duty to give you ****. You'll see how trivial this seems once youre on our side of the question. Just wait the week and do it right.

Yes Sir I do understand and I know its a pretty lame request, but I'd appreciate it that way a lot more. I'm going in on the 92 day reservist so I cannot really wait the extra week because school starts up again right away when I get back.

sounds like theres sand attacking....... aplly 2-3 times and it should wash it out

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Killer, goddangit man - you guys are going to owe me allllllllllllllllll kinds of $hit if you don't quit making me spew all over monitors and keyboards!

And, Skillets - I think his Recruiter should just let hawks go when he wants to. You know, it's going to be hard for him to start those classes if he doesn't get back in time from bootcamp. What will he do if the schedules don't line up????????

Jeez!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    LMAO!!! OMG THAT WAS A TRIP!!!... I Actualy need another keyboard..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Kim, you done it again! LMAO!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    glad to help

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hey Hawks, I got permission to take my finals early. Maybe get your recruiter to talk to the school. I was on the yellow foot prints while school was at Grad Celebrations. It was a good trade.

I don't think I can get my final exams switched, all of them are alloted at a different time and the University cares as much about my little "situation" (if i can even call it that) as the Marine Corp does.

Thread Information