Why Did you Choose Marines Over Navy Seals?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why Did you Choose Marines Over Navy Seals?

I have been reading a lot of your posts, and many of you say the reason you joined the Marines was becasue it was the most elite, and for pride and personal satisfaction. Did any of you Marines ever think about tryin out for the Seal Program, and why did you choose the Marines over the Seals?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Most people that go for the seals are in TOP NOTCH, BEST SHAPE OF THERE LIFES. Seals, from what I was told, over half the people that try out for the seals dont make it.

I would rather be a Marine anyday.

Its actually about 80 percent who dont pass BUDS.

Credits
    Savings
    You just answered your own question...

Anyways a Marines life is better anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by mjcb23
    I have been reading a lot of your posts, and many of you say the reason you joined the Marines was becasue it was the most elite, and for pride and personal satisfaction. Did any of you Marines ever think about tryin out for the Seal Program, and why did you choose the Marines over the Seals?
    Why don't you go to a Navy forum and ask them why they didn't whant to be in RECON or FAST Co.

Credits
    Savings
    Why does it say you are in DEP but you didnt sign up yet?

Let's say you enlist in the Navy with the sole intention of passing BUD/S and becoming a SEAL. If you're one of the 80% who don't pass the training, then what? You're scrubbing ships while dressed like one of the Village People for your enlistment, that's what.

Why would you be under the impression that the SEALS are more elite than say Force Recon? Their mission is just different.

SEALS are just the navy's attempt the recreate the perfection that god created when he made marines. They have done admirably but its better to go with the original. As for the SF, marines where kind of forced to create it. The thought being that marines are a special force, so why the hell would you need to take the best of the best of the best.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Forget the seals when you can choose to be a Marine for life thats why I joined the Marine Corps and hopefully become one of the few.

Thumbs up Usmc

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Kane
    Let's say you enlist in the Navy with the sole intention of passing BUD/S and becoming a SEAL. If you're one of the 80% who don't pass the training, then what? You're scrubbing ships while dressed like one of the Village People for your enlistment, that's what.

Why would you be under the impression that the SEALS are more elite than say Force Recon? Their mission is just different.
    This says it all. Also, you can try out for RECON in the Marines if your PFT is high enough, GS of 105 or higher, & a 2nd class swim qual upon completion of basic. If you dont make it you get switched to the UH - Infantry, Option. You cant lose in this situation I believe. SEALS its diffrent as stated above. One more thing in which I recognized after I enlisted, but you just feel more pride in saying "I am enlisted in the USMC. The worlds most elite fighting unit, and I hope I can claim the title of United States Marine." You really share a comoradery with a majority of the POOLEES that are hoping to achieve the same thing, And you can see the "brotherhood" inbetween each and every Marine. When you work out you know you would rather die trieing than dissapoint them all. From what I have seen the other branch's have little or none of this. For example when I went to the Army and Navy Recruiting Office before the USMC one, they promised me $40,000 and really just treated me as a "number" not an individual. A recruiter from the USMC Office said "If you dont think you can do it just get out of my office now." That right there told me alright I want this, I want to be apart of something great. Not just a number in a history book but a United States Marine. & have everything I am represented in just the title. An elite soldier for the country I love.

Hey, I wouldnt mind being a SEAL, that would be sweet. But the Marine Corps has such a brotherhood and Espirit de Corps that noone else has. There is more history and depth to it. So many more stories.

Another thing.... Marines should always be capitalized....

I have no desire to bounce a ball on my nose, so I don't know why I would want to be a seal.

Honestly, the SEALs are great at what they do. However, they have a very limited scope. Marines win battles, SEALs help other people to win battles. They may be involved in some black ops, but so are FORCE guys.

Honestly, if I couldn't be a Marine, SEALs weren't even my next choice. Army Rangers would be second, probably a Combat Controller in the Air Force next, and then the SEALs.

Now, if you want to be a SEAL, go to one of their forums, find out what it takes, understand that you probably won't make it, and then go give it a shot. Have fun being haze gray and underway.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    I have no desire to bounce a ball on my nose, so I don't know why I would want to be a seal.
    I laughed out loud.. lol

The screwed up thing about the Air Force's Combat Controllers is you have to be an officer to even try to join. But even tho everyone here is or wants to be a Marine, we all have to give it up to Special Forces, the Rangers, Delta Force, the SEALs, FORCE RECON, and the Combat Controllers, they're all the best of the best at what they do and get to play with some cool toys. Oh yeah I almost forgot the Navy SWCCs, without them, the SEALs wouldn't get to where they need to be and then get out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57
    The screwed up thing about the Air Force's Combat Controllers is you have to be an officer to even try to join.
    Uhh what?

http://www.airforce.com/careers/job....&af_job_id=293

Thread Information