Eye Sight/Birth Control Glasses at Boot - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgannph
    Ive been to MEPS, didn't lie about my eye sight.

But, if you wear contacts, and glasses over those contacts, as long as they're the same prescription, you see the same.

That's what I was bringing up... if you could just discard your BCG's when you received them and stash them somewhere in case you actually needed them.

I've been wearing my current pair contacts day in and out for the past 6-7 weeks and I sleep in them and have had no issues. I've been doing this for about 5-6 years now I'd say.

I just recently got those new 30 day ones though that you are allowed to sleep in according to my optometrist.

I was just saying I would go to Boot and just never take out my contacts at all since they already have my eye sight exam from MEPS, they'll have my BCG's waiting for me I assume.
    To close this subject, DO AS YOU ARE TOLD, POOLEE! You will wear the glasses you are issued and like them! There is no debate! If the DI's catch you your azz will be grass and they will be the lawn mower!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowPaint078
    I didnt read the rest of the replies yet but I suggest not doing that. I have the same issue as you, my eye site isn't great but I can get by with out glass's. It will probably affect my qualifying score though, but im not used to wearing glass's. Contacts though, if you get dust, dirt, Chlorine in your eye it could damage your vision & or just really bother you. I say just try to get used to glass's and im sure the ones at bootcamp are good/ sturdy/ what ever you look for in glass's, they may not be stylish but no one cares (or they just dont say anyhing till after when your not wearing them lol).
    I'll say one thing you are, if nothing else, persistant in your spelling! GLASSES!

Try to imagine having those contact lenses in for 13 weeks, in 100 degree heat, spending A LOT of your time rolling around in powdery sand, sweating profusely while performing very rigorous activities EVERY DAY, then not getting the amount of sleep you are accustomed to, and having to deal with eye boogers every morning because while you sleep your eyes tear up to clean out the grit and dust...leave the contacts at home...thousands of Marines have adapted to the military-issue glasses and have done extremely well with the weapons of war...you are not the first to have concerns, but you may well be the first to have your eyeballs ripped out by a Drill Instructor for being dishonest and trying to be an exception to our rules.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Let doofus do his own thing.....................he wants to be an individual!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Wear the glasses it would be easier on you than contacts.

This is funny....I wore BCG's while I was in boot camp. All I cared about was seeing who/what was coming. The only appearance issue I had was my uniform-and I never felt it was quite good enough. Regardless of what others have told you about "getting away with it", don't wear your contacts while you're there. Not only can it get you into trouble with your DI's (think "failure to follow orders") but it can cause all kinds of eye problems...now, do you really think you need either one?

the only problem is they get scratched real easy.... Out of bootcamp my glasses were tore up. but it wont hender anything but the contacts arent a good idea at all...

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    I'll say one thing you are, if nothing else, persistant in your spelling! GLASSES!
    Sorry Cpl, my spelling is deff. not the greatest as you can see. But at least my point was good

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowPaint078
    Sorry Cpl, my spelling is deff. not the greatest as you can see. But at least my point was good
    Check the rules for this site, Poolee!

Sneaking in contacts could only cause a world of problems for you. CS stuck in your eyes may be a fate worse than death. A DI finding out you intentionally broke the rules just because you didn't want to wear the glasses would be even worse than that.

Thread Information