LCPL out of boot - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I didn't know it was that difficult to become an Eagle Scout. However, I think that about 90% of boy scouts drop out after a few years.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ^correct, yes there is a huge drop out rate of quiters.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I worked at a boy scout camp over the summer. 99% of them were lazy and unmotivated.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Maybe I'll understand the issue better when (hopefully) I earn the title, but I had always thought PFC was just some 6-month garaunteed rank that really didn't mean anything except that you didn't make any major f'ups in your first 6 months?

Sorry, but getting two people to enlist is much more useful to the Marine Corps than being an Eagle Scout is. Yes, you learned a few things over the years... maybe one or two of them will actually be of use to you in the Marine Corps. Getting two more people to enlist is fulfilling part of the two-pronged mission of the Marine Corps= Making Marines and Winning Battles.

Being an Eagle Scout, in the Young Marines, or whatever else shows that you have a little desire and drive- same with getting college credits. It makes sense to advance those people to the next rank- but as far as "earning" the rank nothing really comes close to helping the recruiter accomplish his mission.

As for PFC- it is something that is pretty much automatic- same as LCpl. Of course, getting there sooner means you're in position to move to the next ranks that much sooner. And the fact that you get paid more is always good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    Sorry, but getting two people to enlist is much more useful to the Marine Corps than being an Eagle Scout is. Yes, you learned a few things over the years... maybe one or two of them will actually be of use to you in the Marine Corps. Getting two more people to enlist is fulfilling part of the two-pronged mission of the Marine Corps= Making Marines and Winning Battles.

Being an Eagle Scout, in the Young Marines, or whatever else shows that you have a little desire and drive- same with getting college credits. It makes sense to advance those people to the next rank- but as far as "earning" the rank nothing really comes close to helping the recruiter accomplish his mission.

As for PFC- it is something that is pretty much automatic- same as LCpl. Of course, getting there sooner means you're in position to move to the next ranks that much sooner. And the fact that you get paid more is always good as well.
    I take offense to that. I have been in AJROTC for three years(four years next year)Young Marines(3 years)NSCC(Naval Sea Cadet Corps)(I' am a NSCC Special Warfare(SEAL)Technichian). I have alot of experience(Not military but Leadership)(YOu never stop learning Leadership you only keep Learning)My recruier told me that I am Guaranteed PFC out of boot and might get LCPL but you know what I know I don't deserve it. My Friend Justin got LCPL about a Year out of boot and he was a LCPL all three of his OIF tours. He just made CPL and has enough Promotion points to make SGT and he's only been in four years(He was infantry though, it's harder to get rank in Infantry because there are so many competing for E-4,E-5,E-6 and up) That is my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Drill for life View Post
    I take offense to that. I have been in AJROTC for three years(four years next year)Young Marines(3 years)NSCC(Naval Sea Cadet Corps)(I' am a NSCC Special Warfare(SEAL)Technichian). I have alot of experience(Not military but Leadership)(YOu never stop learning Leadership you only keep Learning)My recruier told me that I am Guaranteed PFC out of boot and might get LCPL but you know what I know I don't deserve it. My Friend Justin got LCPL about a Year out of boot and he was a LCPL all three of his OIF tours. He just made CPL and has enough Promotion points to make SGT and he's only been in four years(He was infantry though, it's harder to get rank in Infantry because there are so many competing for E-4,E-5,E-6 and up) That is my two cents.
    I take offense to the fact that you think you'll impress somebody with your story. BFD. Your story and fifty cents will get me a hot dog at a hot dog stand, BFD.

Are you running around bragging about this?

my favorie thing about the threads besides the useful info is when Marines put poolees and other wannabees in their place. just a poolee myself but i love to see when a poolee is fool of himself and a Marine comes along and puts him in check.

I love how leadership experience in JROTC or Young Marines or stuff like that automatically translates into Marine Corps leadership for some poolees. When the bullets are flying, we'll see how handy that JROTC stuff is. And why are so many poolees concerned with making Lance Corporal out of boot camp? You won't get any respect for it, you have no more knowledge than a boot Private or PFC, and everyone picks up LCpl. within their first year of being in the Marine Corps anyways. Sure it gets you to that rank sooner, but you poolees need to focus on earning the title first.

Credits
    Savings

Ok..

Quote Originally Posted by mrod32 View Post
    my favorie thing about the threads besides the useful info is when Marines put poolees and other wannabees in their place. just a poolee myself but i love to see when a poolee is fool of himself and a Marine comes along and puts him in check.
    Glad ya liked it, mrod but it ain't even about gettin off on telling kids where to shove it.

It's about working hard for something and watching others sacrifice even more for it, only to see some snot nosed little punk try to take a big steaming s hit all over it.

Yeah, Cagle, I'm talking to you. You just don't get that there ain't a soul here wants to hear what you did over your summer vacation. There's Navy Crosses, Purple Hearts hanging around here, not to mention plenty of day to day heroes that wouldn't mention it if you asked 'em. And that's just what I know about. Go ahead and be proud of what you've done, but keep it in perspective.

You probably don't even get where a real Marine gets off trashing your super clubs. Deal with it. Go cry or circle jerk it away on some rotc board. Print this **** out and read it again the day you earn that Title. See if it doesn't look different.

s/f
    Chris

hey iron man wont get it, being guide possibly have to be perfect, squad leader you wont get it, the only way is to be prior service or get referals after boot.

To get LCpl. out of boot you have to be a contract PFC and the company honorman.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    Glad ya liked it, mrod but it ain't even about gettin off on telling kids where to shove it.

It's about working hard for something and watching others sacrifice even more for it, only to see some snot nosed little punk try to take a big steaming s hit all over it.

Yeah, Cagle, I'm talking to you. You just don't get that there ain't a soul here wants to hear what you did over your summer vacation. There's Navy Crosses, Purple Hearts hanging around here, not to mention plenty of day to day heroes that wouldn't mention it if you asked 'em. And that's just what I know about. Go ahead and be proud of what you've done, but keep it in perspective.

You probably don't even get where a real Marine gets off trashing your super clubs. Deal with it. Go cry or circle jerk it away on some rotc board. Print this **** out and read it again the day you earn that Title. See if it doesn't look different.

s/f
    Chris
    Yes LCPL I understand exactly what you are saying loud and clear. I am joing the Marine Corps in 12 days(Dec 8th) and am having a meeting with my recruieter to pick my MOS on Dec the 2nd(I want 0311). I am getting closer and closer and closer to the title everyday.

Yes LCPL I understand exactly what you are saying loud and clear. I am joing the Marine Corps in 12 days(Dec 8th) and am having a meeting with my recruieter to pick my MOS on Dec the 2nd(I want 0311). I am getting closer and closer and closer to the title everyday.

WTF?? You're leaving in less than two weeks and don't even have an MOS picked out yet? Sounds like p*ss-poor planning to me....don't be surprised if you end up with something you don't like

Thread Information