Want Boot Camp Picture
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22

    Want Boot Camp Picture

    After searching through all of my files I can't find my Platoon Picture from Boot camp! I would really like to find someone that has a copy of that picture, if it exist, to hang on my wall.

    MCRDSD, May-Jul-1969, Platoon 1085, 1st BN

    Does MCRDSD archive them?

    If anyone knows where I can obtain a copy, let me know.

    Semper Fi


  2. #2

    Picture

    Call out to MCRD, the photo place out there should have negatives, and such. Im sure they keep that stuff on file, actually I think its the law. Thats what are SDI told us to do if we ever wanted a picture, or lost a book you have to pay for it however. Here is a contact # for MCRD to get you started glad to help.

    MCRDSD Contact #'s

    Marine Corps Community Service Center - (619) 524-6078
    Yearbooks - (619) 296-3840
    Base Information/Directory Assistance – (619) 524-1011
    Public Affairs Office - (619) 524-8727


  3. #3
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    Thanks, Echo! I really appreciate it! Semper Fi


  4. #4

    No Prob

    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Thanks, Echo! I really appreciate it! Semper Fi
    No Prob. Semper Fi


  5. #5
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    Can you say, "Pulling teeth out of a saber toothed tiger"? I have been on the phone for 30 minutes with MCRDSD with one question! They don't know how to say "I DON'T KNOW", but they can Xfer your call or give you a new number for someone that still doesn't know! I am beginning to wonder if there is anyone that does know!

    I have called and left massages everywhere except the Chaplain! Maybe he could help me!?


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Can you say, "Pulling teeth out of a saber toothed tiger"? I have been on the phone for 30 minutes with MCRDSD with one question! They don't know how to say "I DON'T KNOW", but they can Xfer your call or give you a new number for someone that still doesn't know! I am beginning to wonder if there is anyone that does know!

    I have called and left massages everywhere except the Chaplain! Maybe he could help me!?
    Which #'s did you call?


  7. #7
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833
    Which #'s did you call?
    524-6689
    524-1775
    296-3840
    524-6719
    524-4426
    524-6038
    524-6704

    Then I sent a email to jess.levens@USMC.mil and asked him the same question. He is in charge of the web site!

    I am waiting on three calls where I left a message as well!


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    524-6689
    524-1775
    296-3840
    524-6719
    524-4426
    524-6038
    524-6704

    Then I sent a email to jess.levens@USMC.mil and asked him the same question. He is in charge of the web site!

    I am waiting on three calls where I left a message as well!
    Call this one it will probably tell you what you need. Hopefully

    MCRDSD Yearbooks - (619) 296-3840


  9. #9
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833
    Call this one it will probably tell you what you need. Hopefully

    MCRDSD Yearbooks - (619) 296-3840

    524-6689
    524-1775
    296-3840
    524-6719
    524-4426
    524-6038
    524-6704

    done that!!!


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    524-6689
    524-1775
    296-3840
    524-6719
    524-4426
    524-6038
    524-6704

    done that!!!
    Sry I wasnt wearing my glasses when I typed that lol


  11. #11
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    I have come to the conclusion that this ain't going to be easy! If anyone has a copy of PLT 1085, 1969 plt picture, please email it to me I can print it myself. Thanks and Semper Fi.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    I have come to the conclusion that this ain't going to be easy! If anyone has a copy of PLT 1085, 1969 plt picture, please email it to me I can print it myself. Thanks and Semper Fi.
    Sry the numbers I gave you didnt work out man. I was for sure that # for the yeabook dept would have hit it on the head. Oh Well cant be right all the time lol. Agian sry it hasnt been working for you my bad.

    heres a beer lol.


  13. #13
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    No problem, I finally got hold of a fellow recruit from my plt, if he can find his, he will copy it for me. Thanks tough, it was an experience!

    I owe ya, man!


  14. #14
    Marine Free Member davblay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sparta, Tn
    Posts
    3,377
    Credits
    9,588
    Savings
    0
    Images
    22
    I finally got the picture, today!

    I am second row over the left shoulder of the SDI, facing the camera! Yep that's me!

    I don't ever remember having this picture, now that I have it. He11 I don't even remember them taking the picture!

    I got it from the USMC Historical Society at SD! $35.00, and worth every cent!

    Last edited by davblay; 07-29-07 at 11:05 AM.

  15. #15

    Boot Camp Photo

    Trying to get a copy of my boot camp photo year 1993 MCRD San Diego, CA under SDI SSGT Paul G. McKenna. Charlie Company...

    My sons 18 months and I want it for him and have lost mine through out the years...

    If you can direct me in the right direction it would be of great help.

    Thank You,
    Troy A. Clay


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts