Imus fired frm CBS NOW
Create Post

Imus fired frm CBS NOW

Just reported that CBS has fired Imus from his radio show. I guess Jack-azz-son and Sharpton scared the chit out of the big-wigs there too, do you think maybe they threatened to have a racial riot like they did for rodney king in LA ???? And we all know how chicken chit our politicians were over that ordeal.

MG

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Funny. On the real side of things it is generally the internal Women and African American employees that get the firing done. As was stated on MSNBC yesterday, the meetings and the emails were flying all over 30 Rock.

The integrity of the broadcast was jeopardized. These networks have brought us Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley, etc. They cannot have the integrity questioned any more than it is now.

SEE BS already had the Dan Rather incident a few years ago..

Imus, I feel took one in the chest for Bernard (who I really feel is racist). He is the impetus for a lot of the unintelligent, useless banter that they communicate over Federal Airwaves.

I feel bad for Imus (whom I don't think is racist) as he should have been dealt with more appropriately.

As far as Jackson/Sharpton, the only good that I feel they did was bring to the table that there is not enough participation from African/Asian/Latino Americans as hosts or guest on those channels.

There will be more now and hopefully they won't be Sharpton/Jackson shows.
    You cannot tell me that after 30 years there was never an African American who could have at least done as good a job as Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg
    Funny. On the real side of things it is generally the internal Women and African American employees that get the firing done. As was stated on MSNBC yesterday, the meetings and the emails were flying all over 30 Rock.

The integrity of the broadcast was jeopardized. These networks have brought us Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley, etc. They cannot have the integrity questioned any more than it is now.

SEE BS already had the Dan Rather incident a few years ago..

Imus, I feel took one in the chest for Bernard (who I really feel is racist). He is the impetus for a lot of the unintelligent, useless banter that they communicate over Federal Airwaves.

I feel bad for Imus (whom I don't think is racist) as he should have been dealt with more appropriately.

As far as Jackson/Sharpton, the only good that I feel they did was bring to the table that there is not enough participation from African/Asian/Latino Americans as hosts or guest on those channels.

There will be more now and hopefully they won't be Sharpton/Jackson shows.
    You cannot tell me that after 30 years there was never an African American who could have at least done as good a job as Bernard
    I agree somewhat, one being if that arrogant dick Bernard didnt say anything ole Imus wouldnt have chimened in with his death comment.
    I watched Imus everyday and yes, some days I said to myself, these guys are gonna get into trouble one day as they do get radical. But hey Imus has been around for 30 yrs and he has his own buds working for him, hey if I had my own show and I made a network millions then I would want to choose who I had working for me and for some who ? me, I have Asian,Indian and black, fat,thin,stupid and smart, men, women friends but its kinda like a senority system I would choose and that being who's been in my inner circle the longest. Hey for what black programs that are on I dont see white sidekicks and what nots and who haves it...
    MG

He's an old Marine from my era and I felt strongly about his situation.
    On the other hand, what he said about those girls was, to use an Imus exclamation, hideous.
    The Rutgers girls, hell any group of athletes in high school or college, are the high achievers of their peer group, the cream of the crop. They did a great job representing their school and then he calls them hos.
    But I don't think that's the reason MSNBC and CBS fired him. It was all about money. He lost all his heavy hitter sponsors and that cost him the job.
    He really stomped on his weenie.

One other thing--We need to keep Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson under close scrutiny. They've gotten away with things just as bad was what Imus did because we let 'em off the hook.
    No more of that.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Young women that prevail and push themselves to championship status, and this SOB calls them a Nappy Headed Ho's, that is unjust.

Last edited by yellowwing; 04-12-07 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmitchell
    One other thing--We need to keep Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson under close scrutiny. They've gotten away with things just as bad was what Imus did because we let 'em off the hook.
    No more of that.

I've said this for yrs. but I really want people to think about what I'm saying, Our leaders are to friggen scared of these 2 phonie hypocrit self made reverends, Look what happens when they (and I hate saying it like that but..) the blacks are oppertunist.They dont know joe blow or suzi rotten crotch who lives across country but when one of theres is accused of some wrong doing they scream and stomp racism, then theres riots,looting,burning of private property,rape,murder and they said they do/did it cuz they want equality, now tell me why should animals be given equality. Millions of $$ go up in flames only to be rebuilt then when they get pizzed up goes them millions of $$ again. Our leaders cant put out a ABP to shoot to kill those who cause such havoc so they sit back in there ivy towers and say, OH WELL !! Now until our think tank personnel say, enough is enough then there will always be racism. Its just not the blacks and white disliking one another,its the blacks and the mexicans,the japanese vs the chinese, so on and so forth. Racism will never end so as loing as theres a oppertunity to rant and rave and demand justice whether it be someone getting fired,bought off,killed or whatever other means of retribution. WELCOME TO LIFE PEOPLE !!!

MG

Credits
    Savings

Question

Do you really think a "Good Ole Boy's" really gets fired ? Most wind up with a better gig somewhere else working for the same clique, albeit another corporation and probably owned by the same "Good Ole Boy" stockholders.

The next time you complain about an employee of someones, take it with a grain a salt when they say they fired that person to appease you.

Works every-time.

Hells-bells ! The architects of folly, both McNamara & Wolfowitz of the Vietnam War and the Iraqi War respectively went on to be the President of "The World Bank" ! Anybody think war isn't a racket ?

"So long as [the principles of our revolution] prevail, we are safe from everything which can assail us from without or within." --Thomas Jefferson to William Lambert, 1810. ME 12:397

May your next revolution be as peaceful as possible and as bloody as required !

I'm pretty sure 1othzod that alot of the brothers on here know that senerio but its all about principle, Why kizz there azzes when its ok for some to do and say what they want and when it comes time for there punishment we hear how slavery forced there actions out of em and slavery was abolished eons ago..... "ITS THE PRINCIPLE"

So which talk show host will they go after next? or will it be the person who has the nads to stand up to these reverends?

smacks of double standards to me.If Don Imus had been a (Brother) his comments wont even have made the news.

Quote Originally Posted by kato811
    smacks of double standards to me.If Don Imus had been a (Brother) his comments wont even have made the news.

True ! True ! True ! Todays paper had it where the girls were in tears during press day, GIMMMMMMMEEEEEEE a BREAK ! I did'nt see any of em boo-hooing, in fact as soon as they seen the red lite on the monitor you could see there pearly whites. They should all go to acting school cuz there doing a good job of the pity party. I could bet you a yrs wages, oooppsss maybe not but I can safely say that you and myself included have been around a bunch of woman and they can talk as nasty as us men do so I wished they get off how smart and honest they are,hell they still can talk like truck drivers........

Thread Information