What's it like being a Marine, new Marines?
Create Post

What's it like being a Marine, new Marines?

Well I was just looking on the forum now that like seven thousand people just graduated with Echo company, and it's so weird just seeing the difference in the way for example Accord gets talked to and how he replies to people.

I don't know if Marines do it subconsciously, or if you guys are like "He's a brother, I can speak to him as one", or its just me being an idiot.

The way you guys talk to the new Marines seems so...like, more "Brotherish" instead of "Step-Father-son" ish, as it does when you speak to us poolees.

Is it just me? Am I being an idiot? Or is it really going on?

yes its different. it's just strange best way to explain things is like this. there is a some type draw towards each other i. i guess to get deep you can always know that they went through something similar to you that nobody else will understand. It's just like a girlfriend while you have one they at least to me always went to the back compared to my buddys in my shop just because thats how it was and we would include them in cook outs and what have you but for the most part the women stayed together while we just drank and ****ed off with each other...

like a fraternity i guess. hope this makes sense cuz it seems like im rambling

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    hope this makes sense cuz it seems like im rambling
    You are...............here, have another one

It IS different - I tell everybody it's like a BIG CULT - most think we're all crazy anyway so ..................that's how I explain it. It's like we have a whole bunch of brothers/sisters - we carry on around each other differently than what we do around folks outside the family - so to speak. We ALL came from the same "mother", we ALL have that common DNA. And you'll find that the brotherhood REALLY does stay with you for life - it ain't all BS.

Don't worry so much, it will happen to you too IF you make it.

ugh, If, that's a very long 3 month if.

I pray I do. I want that title.

My friend is on leave, he's in 2/6, and at this party he said if he got into a fight with these two kids, the Marine Corps would be there to help him out. When I said "The Marine corps isn't here" he said "Dude, the Marine Corps isn't at one place. The Marine Corps is in every Marine that is alive today. It's like a big gang. All I have to say is "A MARINE IS IN TROUBLE" and any Marine withinin hearing distance will come and kill everyone."

I want that brotherhood...

Talking

Poolee, we Marines do stick together, and in the future, after you get the title, all you have to do is holler, and there will be a Marine around that has your back! If not a Marine at the least there will be a Seal (the 2nd best thing)!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    I don't know if Marines do it subconsciously, or if you guys are like "He's a brother, I can speak to him as one",

The way you guys talk to the new Marines seems so...like, more "Brotherish" instead of "Step-Father-son" ish, as it does when you speak to us poolees.
    WALK A MILE IN OUR SHOES POOLEE, THEN WE'LL TALK!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I want that brotherhood...
    EVERYBODY does but.........................if EVERYBODY could get in we wouldn't be Marines. We need more WMs though - it's hard being the only woman in the house on a regular basis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well I was just looking on the forum now that like seven thousand people just graduated with Echo company, and it's so weird just seeing the difference in the way for example Accord gets talked to and how he replies to people.

I don't know if Marines do it subconsciously, or if you guys are like "He's a brother, I can speak to him as one", or its just me being an idiot.

Is it just me? Am I being an idiot? Or is it really going on?
    Please understand that Accord is a fine example of motivation! But he is just caught in this Dress Blues being issued thing, he started! He is a Marine and we give him that respect, I just want him to see that this is a DEAD ISSUE and a RUMOR! Follow his example and you can't go wrong in BASIC, just leave the rumors there, we really don't want to hear it and the Poolees don't need to hear it! Imagine reporting to MCRD thinking you are going to be issued Dress Blues, just to find out that it is BS! Funny for the one that told you, but he believed it or he would not have spread it around! Right?

Thread Information