Just some Pictures from Deployment - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe it or not, a year later and I still havent uploaded all my pictures and videos. Here are a few more pictures that I do have though.

The day before we flew out, we had our celebratory cigars. I'm in the green polo shirt.

Marines of DSU3 3rd PLT stop for a picture with an Azerbaijani soldier. We called him Jaws because all his teeth were silver like the guy from James Bond. Our base was split in half, Marines and Azerbaijani's on one side and US Army and Iraqi Army on the other.

My amazing platoon commander CWO Wirtanen on patrol through Haditha. He took great care of all of us and we would follow him anywhere.

I have a few more, but photobucket is having issues. I'll come back tomorrow and post them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up "I want to thank the Academy, my agent, my producers..."

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyCharette
    Thank you insurgents, militant Muslims, Iran and anyone else supporting chaos in the rebuilding of Iraq. Without you I wouldn't have anyone to shoot. I hope you all either assimilate or die.

Semper Fi,
    Lcpl Chris Charette
    Aww, spoken humbly like a true Marine. Maybe you should try driving Rt 28 in Northern Virginia when it rains and you'd have PLENTY to shoot.

Glad to see you're healing up fast. Get better so you can shoot some more trash. And Welcome Home, Marine.

You had to BE the one in a green polo, huh? We're all of a sudden an individual, right?

Sgt gw

Quote Originally Posted by gwladgarwr
    Aww, spoken humbly like a true Marine. Maybe you should try driving Rt 28 in Northern Virginia when it rains and you'd have PLENTY to shoot.

Glad to see you're healing up fast. Get better so you can shoot some more trash. And Welcome Home, Marine.

You had to BE the one in a green polo, huh? We're all of a sudden an individual, right?

Sgt gw
    Where in NOVA do you live? I'm in Leesburg. I see you are with Delta Co.,
    are you deploying to Iraq this coming spring with them?

More pics.

Flood gates of the dam at night.

Are we close to home? We were attached to 2/3, hence the hawaii reference.

Our beachfront property. This is what I woke up to in the morning. Truly beautiful. I liked living on a beach in Iraq.

My boat crew.

Haditha city.

On the dam at sunset.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Manassas here

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyCharette
    Where in NOVA do you live? I'm in Leesburg. I see you are with Delta Co.,
    are you deploying to Iraq this coming spring with them?
    I'm right over in Manassas. I used to drive up 28 South to Aden Road and get into Upshur from MCB-8, but they closed the back gate to Upshur after 9/11 (and then totally closed off MCB-8 to all civilian traffic.)

Looks like I'm missing the party with Dirty Delta. I dropped to IRR in July, right after we got back from AT in Australia (best time I ever had with Delta) but I've been trying to lat move even before July. If it works out, I'll go to uptraining in Feb-Mar, and most likely deploy in June, but not with LAR. Delta just got called up this past Monday. Hope they get some new vehicles - ours were OK but really old! Hated working on the ATs and the hard-to-fix hammer heads. The easiest ones to fix were the mortards (no fancy bling on them except the interior mortard platform.) Still doing Toys For Tots for them this year (including tonight and tomorrow morning.)

You did know about the the little event Kirkpatrick's puts on for some the wounded warriors at his pub/restaurant in Haymarket, right? The last one was a few weeks ago and is always a good time. You'll see mention of a "warriors' nite" here on this site and his site at http://www.kirkpatricks.tv/

Good that you're at NOVA. I did NOVA for one semester; now at Mason. Hit me up sometime.

Sgt gw

This old Marine thanks you from the bottom of my heart. Keep healing,good luck with your future. I'm sure that with your attitide you'll go far. God Bless and Semper Fidelis

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Hum

Thank you for your service when I was unable to fight again.

Semper Fi

Welcome to the brotherhood

Wish I could have been there with you all Hero's every one of you

SEMPER FI RECON

Thanks Marine. Keep us updated.

I used to live in Woodbridge for a while, and worked in Chantilly... Keep making us proud.

From A Fellow 0313

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyCharette View Post
    My boat crew.

Haditha city.

On the dam at sunset.
    Surfing around in the forums and came across your thread. Hope all is well with you and you're back up to speed brother.

Semper Fi

Great story, I hope you continue to improve and get better.

I look up to Marines like you. I pray you make a full recovery.

Credits
    Savings
    Great story, great pictures! I hope all is well with you and your healing. I wish you only the best in life and, as a civilian, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I hope one day very shortly to call you a brother. S/F and God Bless

Semper Fi brother! Thanks for your service and God bless.

Thread Information