Just some Pictures from Deployment
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Just some Pictures from Deployment

Thought maybe some of you would like to see these pictures. I have many, but havent uploaded much yet.

Dam Security Unit 3, part of RCT-7 in Haditha, Iraq

Needless to say, my tour didnt last too long. A bullet in and out my neck and a bullet through the hand. Here are some pictures taken stateside.

These next pictures may be disturbing to some. Taken Oct 31, 2006. 2 days after I woke up out of coma and the day I got stateside at Bethesda naval medical center in ICU.

Dont want to end on a bad note. The last 2 were part of a set Jackie and I did for Christmas.

Something I wrote on my myspace blog this week.

I just want to say that Dam Security Unit 3( B Co. 4th LAR) attached to RCT-7 and based out of Haditha, Iraq has come home. We left with 110 and 110 made it home. There was only one casualty...me, go figure. Took a bullet to the hand(amputated thumb) and a bullet in and out the neck( paralysis of left arm) but I sit here today because my fellow Marines and Sailors took care of me. Don't ever give a corpsman ****, because he will save your life.

We patrolled the Euphrates river in the Anbar province as far north as the Syrian border and as far south as Ramadi. We used SURC boats provided to us by Small Craft Company, 2D AA BN. 2D AA did an outstanding job training our LAV crewmen to become captains, coxswains, and gunners on our boats. Our 0311 scouts also had great training prior to deployment and had great success finding cache's, identifying IED's, detaining EPW's, and performed outstandingly well through multiple firefights weekly while patrolling the waterways.

Even though I was wounded in an ambush, once I heal up I am more than willing to go back over. Good things are happening out there. The US has effectively lassoed Anbar province and the fighting there has slowed greatly. In Haditha there were many engagements daily, but now there is usually only 1-2 attacks a week now. The US, IA's and IP's have made it very difficult for insurgents to operate in the cities and our DSU Marines made it just as difficult to traffic weapons, drugs, money, and men on the waterways that connect all the cities in Al Anbar.

Thank you RCT-7 for utilizing the talent of the DSU Marines. Thank you to 2D AA BN and Special Missions Training Center for the great training prior to our deployment. Cpl Mignoli and Sgt White, you guys were awesome. Sgt Smotherman, thanks for coming over with us, you are a natural born leader. Thank you to Cpl Artuso and Doc Schumacher for saving my life and thank you to the Army helo pilots that medevaced me Oct 23, 2006. I dont know your names but I will never forget you. Thank you to all the medical teams that took care of me in Balad, Landstuhl, and Bethesda. Thank you to all the people that still support our troops. Please dont pull us out until we are done helping the Iraqi's. Give it time, good things are happening over there. Thank you Tony for being an awesome roommate at Bethesda, hope you are recovering well.

Thank you Marine Corps for giving me the adventure of my life while fighting in Iraq. Thank you insurgents, militant muslims, Iran and anyone else supporting chaos in the rebuilding of Iraq. Without you I wouldn't have anyone to shoot. I hope you all either assimilate or die.

Semper Fi,
    Lcpl Chris Charette

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I'm glad you and your team made it back. Now heal up and get ready to kick some more ass!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

LeftyCharette,

Thank you for your service and for coming back home. Words are not enough to thank you. I am very glad that you and the crew you were with have made it back stateside. I hope that you have a rapid recovery.

Semper Fi

Thank You for Your Service!

Prayers are with you to have a speedy recovery.

God Bless!
    Ellie

Wow...I am in awe of your positive attitude. Keep up the good fight brother! Welcome back, Marine!

Yeah, I have to echo what the other Marines have said, thank you for your service. Your attitude is outstanding. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Thank You very much Marine and god speed on the recovery.

Semper Fi and Carry on

Thanks for your service Marine, glad you all came home. Speedy recovery.
    Semper fi and carry on .

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyCharette
    Something I wrote on my myspace blog this week.

I just want to say that Dam Security Unit 3( B Co. 4th LAR) attached to RCT-7 and based out of Haditha, Iraq has come home. We left with 110 and 110 made it home. There was only one casualty...me, go figure. Took a bullet to the hand(amputated thumb) and a bullet in and out the neck( paralysis of left arm) but I sit here today because my fellow Marines and Sailors took care of me. Don't ever give a corpsman ****, because he will save your life.

We patrolled the Euphrates river in the Anbar province as far north as the Syrian border and as far south as Ramadi. We used SURC boats provided to us by Small Craft Company, 2D AA BN. 2D AA did an outstanding job training our LAV crewmen to become captains, coxswains, and gunners on our boats. Our 0311 scouts also had great training prior to deployment and had great success finding cache's, identifying IED's, detaining EPW's, and performed outstandingly well through multiple firefights weekly while patrolling the waterways.

Even though I was wounded in an ambush, once I heal up I am more than willing to go back over. Good things are happening out there. The US has effectively lassoed Anbar province and the fighting there has slowed greatly. In Haditha there were many engagements daily, but now there is usually only 1-2 attacks a week now. The US, IA's and IP's have made it very difficult for insurgents to operate in the cities and our DSU Marines made it just as difficult to traffic weapons, drugs, money, and men on the waterways that connect all the cities in Al Anbar.

Thank you RCT-7 for utilizing the talent of the DSU Marines. Thank you to 2D AA BN and Special Missions Training Center for the great training prior to our deployment. Cpl Mignoli and Sgt White, you guys were awesome. Sgt Smotherman, thanks for coming over with us, you are a natural born leader. Thank you to Cpl Artuso and Doc Schumacher for saving my life and thank you to the Army helo pilots that medevaced me Oct 23, 2006. I dont know your names but I will never forget you. Thank you to all the medical teams that took care of me in Balad, Landstuhl, and Bethesda. Thank you to all the people that still support our troops. Please dont pull us out until we are done helping the Iraqi's. Give it time, good things are happening over there. Thank you Tony for being an awesome roommate at Bethesda, hope you are recovering well.

Thank you Marine Corps for giving me the adventure of my life while fighting in Iraq. Thank you insurgents, militant muslims, Iran and anyone else supporting chaos in the rebuilding of Iraq. Without you I wouldn't have anyone to shoot. I hope you all either assimilate or die.

Semper Fi,
    Lcpl Chris Charette
    YOU ROCK MARINE !! You make us proud to call you a Brother Marine
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and nutten but the best in life

MG

Thread Information