Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I ASKED HIM WHERE HE LEARNED TOO SHOOT SO WELL???HE GOES CAMP PENDLETON,OH
    Hahahaha, I call BS FIST.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Deer-hunting With Automatic Rifle Will Help

I'M SERIOUS AS A FUC'EN HEART ATTACK MARINE,IF HE WOULD'A SAID PARRIS ISLAND; IT WOULD HAVE MEANT THE SAME CHIT TOO ME!DON'T THINK WE DIDN'T HAVE OUR SHARE OF UNK'S THEIR EITHER? YOU FIGURE AFTER THE FIRST SHOT THAT DEER WAS LITERATELLY HAULING AZZ OR WHAT WAS LEFT OF IT!!!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The last deer I killed was with a .308 with a scope. An easy 30 yard shot but I never worked with a scope before. I sighted in behind her shoulder. I jerked the shot when I was surprised by the magnified muzzle blast in the site picture, it looked like a wall of flame. Luckily I still caught her in the neck and she dropped like a stone.

Was hunting a few years ago with some friends of mine, and they all put a slug into this big ole doe. Then they stood there at the edge of the swamp watching her trying to walk away, and I just shook my head, wondering where the honor was. The poor thing stood there looking back at us like she was asking us "why" and I spine shot her to end her misery. Since then, I hunt only with guys I know can make a clean kill. The processor couldn't believe anyone could or would shoot a deer that many times...it was embarassing...

Yellowwing...that's what I hunt deer with. Winchester model 88 .308...excellent little lever action carbine...I know what you mean about seeing the flash through the optics---pretty bright stuff!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    That was a good season. Took a bear a few days later. The .308 made a void in his chest the size of a cantelope. We still waited a good 10 minutes before we approached him, just in case.

I think a .223 just would have ****ed him off! It would have been Angry Bear 1 - Yellowwing 0

Can't say I've hunted big game in NY. Due to population constraints, ya gotta hunt with a freakin' shotgun!
    Did a lot of deer, antelope, elk, and bear in Wyoming. All with .54 or .58 cal.
    muzzleloaders. Every piece of game I shot in Wy. died where they stood.
    Those old "front-stuffer" bullets may be slow...but they're big, and they pack a huge punch!
    Also, never risked a shot where I wasn't certain it was a "kill" shot.
    Not braggin'. Just sayin'.....
    drumcorpssnare

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    One shot one Kill. Even if its game.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    That was a good season. Took a bear a few days later. The .308 made a void in his chest the size of a cantelope. We still waited a good 10 minutes before we approached him, just in case.

I think a .223 just would have ****ed him off! It would have been Angry Bear 1 - Yellowwing 0
    Isn't it sad when hunting weapons are a higher caliber then our service rifles. I agree with the commandant that we should learn those skills. But i still hear alot of garbage about the 5.56mm

This "chief aj" has got to be some kind of a nut. Notice the way he has then deer horns on his head. Opening day around here he would shot. Dumn azz

ggyoung- My ex-brother-in-law shot a mule deer buck, and to haul it back to the truck, here's what he did. He put the front legs over his shoulders, then tied the legs together behind his back! I said to him, "Man, are you nuts? You're gonna get us shot!" Needless to say, I kept my distance from him.

Another time, I was hunting in Wyoming. Got to a Fish & Game checkpoint, and the Game Wardens were laughing their azzes off!!! Asked them what was so funny? They said the guy who had just gone through the checkpoint was all happy about getting a "mule deer." Turns out the guy had shot a mule! They said he was a city boy from Pennsylvania!
    drumcorpssnare

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    That is odd!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    FIST, if 5 shots to the head and chest insnt enought to get a Mujaheed to die then there is something wrong. This video is the best ive seen at showing the true face of the fight against the insurgents. Adreniline, and Cocaine can make a Bad guys stay up for long enough to pull a trigger or detonate an IED. Limb shot have been known to pass through and have no effect on the enemy.

10th, If you want to see why that house looks like it does then this video is also for you. House clearing is Scary stuff. Its not our accuracy which is the problem, its the killing power of the 5.56 round.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6fb_1175816707
    Wow, "I shot the guy like 5 times and now he is just gone, like not there." Now that is spooky. Five rounds from a .308 and even King Kong Bundy would rest in peace.

Over the years there have been many improvements to the M16, most were to address the relialibility issues that came up after the rifle was initially fielded in Nam. Some of the later "improvements" were to address auccuracy issues. These consisted of changing the rifleing twist from the original 1 in 14" to 1in 11" and now with the A2 version, the twist has been changed to 1 in 8". The end result is to increase auccuracy at the expense of lethality. The original M16's legendary lethality (when the rifle worked) was due to the inherent instability of the 5.56 round due to the 1 in 14 twist. The bullet had a tendancy to tumble when it hit ANYTHING, and created massive wound channels and hydrostatic shock damage to flesh. The new 1 in 8 twist stabalizes the bullet more, resulting in a more auccurate weapon, but the down side is that the more stable the bullet, the greater tendancy to create through and through wounds. The bullet is no longer expending all of it's energy inside the target and causing the massive amounts of hydrostatic shock that destroys tissue and internal organs. The M16A2 is auccurate enough for match shooting and has greatly increased range because of the more stable bullet. The M16 was not considered auccurate beyond about 300 yards (original acceptance specs 1 in 14 twist were to keep 5 rounds inside an 8" circle at 100 yards) but was definitely a "more deadly" weapon. Maybe consideration should be given to going back to the 1 in 11 twist, which compromises between auccuracy and lethality. The current weapon is great for longer range head shots, but in close quarter combat well aimed head shots are not practical so we need to increase the lethality od the round to inflict more body and internal organ damage.
    That said, I was in Nam when we were transisioning to the original M16. The first time I ever fired one, we were beought to a improvised range area in Chu Lai, issued an M16 (no cleaning gear, we were told the weapon was "self cleaning, you only need the clean the outside") and proceeded to FAM fire the weapon. I fired 3 rounds and the weapon jammed! After clearing the weapon, I proceeded to fire it again and it jammed again after 3 rounds. Three tries and all I got was 3 rounds - jam - clear- fire 3 rounds - jam .... you get the picture. When I asked the armorer overseeing the FAM fire "you don't really expect me to go back to the bush with this piece of S**t for a weapon,, do you??? I was told... Get used to it MARINE 'cause THAT IS your new weapon. Fortunately for me, the M16's were in short supply, and the gunny in charge of the armory (God Bless Him) would let you keep your M14 if you really wanted to. Needless to say, I carried the heavier weapon for the remainder of my tour and never regretted it for a minute.
    Sorry for the long winded post.

Semper Fi

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    ".223 - 5 shots one kill?"

Thread Information