Create Post
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I think thats his way of telling you not to touch her

She got a sister???

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yes a year older lol... She goes to UTD

Tell her you know a guy named Matt who lives in Florida, likes long walks on the beach, has an athletic body, is tan, surfs, skim boards, offroads his jeep, loves the outdoors, and is a very good listener.

A little more Moto

So here is some more moto for you guys...
    *This is NOT ME*
    This is a friend of mine who I used to be in a rock band with His name is Jon Spanring. He was not in very hot shape when he shipped to boot, had a belly, couldnt do his pull ups or pt very well... He stayed motovated and stayed with his battalion the whole time at boot. At one point he had the flu or something and lost 15 lbs in one weekend...

This is the only real before picture (it doesnt really show the shape he was in but you will get an idea)

And after boot I was SHOCKED! He was hardly the same kid.
    After

Could you imgaine Accord on Recruiting duty, showing his before and after pics? I bet you he would have more poolees signed up than he could handle!

You can buy your dress blue when before or after Boot camp.

waassup Accord, Its funny actually, me and my buddy are chillin in the barracks right now, I saw you are from Boca Raton FL -- I did my 1st 2 years of HS @ Spanish River, moved to Coconut Creek after that though. Small Corps eh? Anyways, my buddy, PFC Long recognized you, ya'll were in the same bootcamp platoon over in Echo. He says your name is Gordon ... he said to call you "Air Force" cause someone sent you airforce PT gear ... haha. "Reach for the Sky" or some **** my buddy says. Anyways take care bro.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    WOW. As the mom of a poolee who ships out to Boot Camp next week, it is so inspiring to see your before and after photos. You look damn good! I am envisioning my son in that uniform by Christmas.

Congratulations Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by jpal3451
    waassup Accord, Its funny actually, me and my buddy are chillin in the barracks right now, I saw you are from Boca Raton FL -- I did my 1st 2 years of HS @ Spanish River, moved to Coconut Creek after that though. Small Corps eh? Anyways, my buddy, PFC Long recognized you, ya'll were in the same bootcamp platoon over in Echo. He says your name is Gordon ... he said to call you "Air Force" cause someone sent you airforce PT gear ... haha. "Reach for the Sky" or some **** my buddy says. Anyways take care bro.
    Do you know Long K or Long J? I had two Long's in my platoon. Yeah I got messed up pretty bad at boot, but it made me a better Marine... good times. Tell him I said Aim High.

I went to Olympic Heights, but live literally right across the street from Spanish River and Regency Plaza.

Congrats man! Im sort of the same way! Im a big guy, and since I was 4 years old Ive always wanted to be a Marine! I run every day, and I eat properly! Basically I run for an hour 2 times a day and eat nothing but rabbit food! But I just cant seem to lose more than 30lbs! I have another 80lbs to go! And it kills me and depresses me with the fact that I may never become a Marine!!! If anyone has any advice or anything PLEASE!! HELP! Thanks alot and congrats again!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ArielsMarine
    Congrats man! Im sort of the same way! Im a big guy, and since I was 4 years old Ive always wanted to be a Marine! I run every day, and I eat properly! Basically I run for an hour 2 times a day and eat nothing but rabbit food! But I just cant seem to lose more than 30lbs! I have another 80lbs to go! And it kills me and depresses me with the fact that I may never become a Marine!!! If anyone has any advice or anything PLEASE!! HELP! Thanks alot and congrats again!!
    Get a calorie counter, and use it... one with an 'exercise' function, too, so you can count calories, *and* count the calories you burn, working out.

Be 99% honest. If the serving size on the box says 2 oz, then get a scale, and weigh the true amount... don't cheat.

If you run one mile in 10 minutes, make sure it is a mile, and not a kilometer, and that you really did it in 10 minutes.

I have a scale and measuring cup to measure foods, and a Timex Iron Man watch, with a chronometer, to time my runs... and I refuse to let myself cheat.

Also, get down and read the fine print on those food labels, and a book on healthy eating, and make sure you are eating foods that are healthy, and not full of sugar and fats. I drink whey protein mixed in 2% milk... 1 serving right after my morning run (5 miles) and another after my calisthenics and weight training. Then I am full until a light snack around 1 PM, and a healthy but large dinner, around 6 PM... salad, 1 hard boiled egg, and a chicken leg and thigh, all mixed into the salad, with fat free dressing, is what I just finished eating today.

I let myself have a small amount of ice cream and a candy bar ONCE A WEEK... on Saturday or Sunday. I never, ever, go to a fast food restaurant.

I don't really count calories much anymore... I don't have to, because my weight is stable at 164-168... down from 250, which is what it was after I had a stroke, that got me off my feet and away from working out for about 2 1/2 years.

I'm 59 years old, but I can and do pass the Marine corps PFT for my age category, about 4 or 5 times a week, during my regular runs and workouts.

It is a scientific fact that if you burn more calories than you consume, you MUST lose weight. 1 or 2 lbs a week, tops, or you will get sick and weak.

Good luck... but get to WORK, too!

I KNOW you can do it, because I did it. Sometimes I felt sorry for myself, but I just had to suck it up and suffer. Now its a habit, and I push myself a little every day to MAINTAIN the habit, so I will never again have to push myself A LOT... to get back in shape.

It is a lot easier to STAY in shape, than it is to GET in shape.

You might wanna find some other healthy food besides vegetables. Green food is good but the body also needs protein to lose weight. Also you might want to throw some variety into your training regiment because once your body gets used to a routine then that routine baisicly becomes ineffective.

Ah don't go crying on us, most don't really care. I was a huge big dude, played baseball for a living when my big ass should have been an Lineman in football. I was 310 at the start of January of this year, I DEP in at the beginning of the month weighing 225lbs. Thats 83lbs in 8 months. I've lost so much weight, that I have chronic weight loss. My white blood cells are at a low. I've been trying to give blood to the Red Cross but they won't take it. So I thought all my loosing weight was over. WRONG. I have to loose another 13lbs just to ship out. So I still got weight loose and but since I have to gain more of my weight back so my White blood count to increase again. I've had a cold for 3 weeks and it's 100 degress outside. Stay motivated. Look at Accords pic and that can motivate you for some. But just imagne yourself skinner. Thats what I did.

Hey thanks for the advice! I went out an got a Diet/Workout organizer from GNC and I bought a cheap scale from Lowes, it only goes to 20lbs but I figured it would be good enough!! lol! Not planning on eating 20lbs! Anyways.... this is an example of my first day on the Diet, please lemme know what I need to fix or if I need to just continue with it??

Thursday August 23,2007
    Morning Run- 1 Mile around the High School track in 18:32min
    Breakfast-
    ** One pack of Oatmeal, 130 Calories per pack.
    ** Bottle of Water, No Calories
    Lunch-
    **2 Bananas medium size, at 85 calories per Banana
    ** Bottle of Water, No CAlories
    --Evening Run--1 mile around Track at 18:45min
    Dinner-
    ** 4oz of Grilled Chicken Breast, 110 Calories per 4oz
    ** 1 1/2 cups of mixed vegis, 35 Calories per 3/4 cup
    ** 1 Diet Pepsi, 0 Calories per can

TOTAL CALORIES EATEN: 465 Calories
    TOTAL CALORIES BURNT: unknown, I dont know how to convert how many IVe burned in my exercises?

So if anyone has any comments, and if anyone knows how many calories I burnt by working out please let me know! because I have no clue! again thanks for all the help and I look forword to hearing from you!

JORDAN

All I would say is drink water and more water. Don't concentrate on calorie intake, it will make you go crazy and mental. 1 mile is not enough 20 mins is not enough. Find a comfortable pace and go on a 30:00 run for breakfast and Dinner

I don't suggest running around lunch, the key to loosing weight an upstarting your metabolism is to stay awake the whole entire time. I myself run twice a-day and I seem to be doing pretty well. Try to mix up your routine every week so your body won't get used to it.

Staying with the same routine will cause a plateau. I had one of those happen and it sucked. So I had to start doing everything different.

Thread Information