The Few. The Proud. The Disillusioned. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    [quote=marinegreen]
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCmailman
    Treason No one cares what his opinion is! He signed up, now serve and shut-up!!!!![/quot

Yer outta line on this one mailman. I've talked to a few Marines who fought over there and they say we need to get the fuq out and these are all good Marines. This is a civil war and has been since Rumsfeld said it wasnt last yr when he's was still running the show. Like I've stated before, how come we arent over in No Korea,Iran, Syria,Venezuela and some of the other radical countries who harbor terrorist and dictators ?? Do you truely think this war is gonna stop terrorist from ever attacking us again, if so then your a Naive Marine. Do you truely believe we dont have terroist cells here in the US just waiting for the GOLDEN MOMENT to STRIKE again ???????

MG
    I agree with you MG, totally! I have said many times that we should let that Civil war run it's course, then negotiate with whatever government they set up! Those people are killing each other, just like in our Great Civil War! The difference is that the allies of our Civil war didn't have troops helping out in this country. Then when the war was over the US re-established relationships with all other countries, It took time , but they succeeded!

Wouldn't supprise me if Osama himself wasn't roaming around some Target store in New York City at this moment.

Any opposition to a war the US is actively in either verbal or written is a statement that is punishable under the UCMJ. You may oppose the war however you cannot sign a petition or march in a protest that is against any branch of the US goverment. Under certain situations this scan be seen as treasonous act. Suck it up and deal with it. You signed on the line knowing full well what was at stake.

This is certainly an aggressively opinionated bunch...not a bad thing as long as the debates don't instill a desire to abuse the person rendering. Having said that...there are two schools of thought here. The right of a member (or honorably served former member) of the Armed Forces to voice displeasure with policy that drives the war machines. It doesn't make sense to defend the right of others to protest if you have to sacrifice yours. However, we all know that there is an entire, additional set of rules to live by when in the uniform. You can't have it both ways without looking just a little hypocritical. Has any of us liked ALL of the "chores" we'd been asked to perform during the courses of our careers? I think not but you do your brothers a disservice and demonstrate a lack of support for them by publicly opposing the military's role and, by extension, their service. The "Joe's" with their boots in the sand would probably like the sand to be in Del Mar or Black's Beach. Occupational hazard. This is an all volunteer force and the guarantees of what our / your service might entail has never been detail specific. Do I have the right to **** and moan about the way I see things going? ABSOLUTELY but I'll do it here with you who "get it". Will I do it in a parade of pacifist liberals, cowards and oportunists who take their rights for granted that all of you here defended? Never f***in' happen.

Technique is Everything !!!

Credits
    Savings

Here is an Old Salty Opinion

Though General Smedley D. Butler was not a member of the American Communist Party he did give speeches at Communist Party meetings in the 1930s as well as many speeches for the League Against War and Fascism. When asked about the company he was keeping he noted, “They told me I’d find a nest of communists here. I told them ‘What the hell of it!’”

Butler didn’t choose sides when it came to expressing his views on war. Butler could certainly be considered a liberal but he spoke out against the liberal FDR administration and also broke ties with anti-fascist groups when they called for war to defend against fascism. In 1935 he commented to a veterans meeting on the subject of the growing interest in the FDR administration to become involved in the conflicts of Europe that, “The political leaders of this country are for another conflict to cover up their blunders.”

All told Butler gave over 1,200 speeches in over 700 cities during his speaking tour of the United States.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jegries
    Any opposition to a war the US is actively in either verbal or written is a statement that is punishable under the UCMJ. You may oppose the war however you cannot sign a petition or march in a protest that is against any branch of the US goverment. Under certain situations this scan be seen as treasonous act. Suck it up and deal with it. You signed on the line knowing full well what was at stake.
    How many signed on the line at 17 ?

Legal age is 18 to sign contracts, right ?

One of my MCRD brothers was 16, I was 17 !

If you were 16 or 17 you had to have a parents signature along with yours to show you read and understood the document you were signing. Nice try on the technicality however it doesn't hold ground.

This is friggen CIVIL WAR.................period.
    We dont belong in the middle of there friggen problems,they have been fueding for centuries. And if TOM,DICK and Harry are so fearful of terrorist then what happened to our fuqing coalition, I had to laugh when I would read where some lil country had 18 of there troops in the fight and we paid there govt millions for helping us, gimme a fuqing break dude...............Remeber Bush stating that god told him to invade Afganistan and then god told him "GEORGIE" we want you to invade Iraq now..............

First of all get back on the issue. The issue is the US over in Iraq fighting the insurgent members of AL Qaeda, Hamas, and other mid eastern countries. This is not between the Kurds, Shiites,and the US its between the US and insurgents. Al Qaeda has lost its hold on Afghanistan but made a stronghold in Iraq along with other international terrorist groups. The press is mighty in that it can sway a nation with some little BS in the right wording.

As far back as 1917 the age to enlist was 17 with parents OKing it. My best friends dad went in the Marines at age 15 and fought in WW1. The Marines did not find this out untill after the war. The youngest American killed in Vietnam was 14. There were around 20 age 16 killed in Vietnam. So it is posible to beat the system.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    First of all get back on the issue. The issue is the US over in Iraq fighting the insurgent members of AL Qaeda, Hamas, and other mid eastern countries. This is not between the Kurds, Shiites,and the US its between the US and insurgents. Al Qaeda has lost its hold on Afghanistan but made a stronghold in Iraq along with other international terrorist groups. The press is mighty in that it can sway a nation with some little BS in the right wording.
    Not trying to call you out, but hey the tactical sit rep has to take into consideratrion the in country fighting. The Sadr Militia is calling for us to cut and run. They don't want us to project a fair and balanced Iraq.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. !!! Only here (well I guess other countries also) where we can ? each other and disagree to disagree on our comments and our way of thinking. A wise ole man told me yrs. ago that we (you & me ) ARE ALL "SELF RIGHTEOUS" In our "OWN MINDS" !!!!
    MG

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    "SELF RIGHTEOUS" In our "OWN MINDS" !!!!
    BINGO!

No the real ? anymore jegries is : JUST WHO THE FUQ DO WE BELIEVE ANYMORE ?????????? I dont buy into what the press prints all the time and theres VERY FEW Politicians I believe at all. So where do we and what do we as people do to get these fuqs to FINALLY tell us the TRUTH ????

MG

Credits
    Savings
    Two most dangerous words in the world, "Trust Me."

Personally, not only do I think everything is a big fcuking lie, I know it is !

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Thread Information