Shower
Create Post

Thread: Shower

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Shower

So I guess this got lost before I could see any Replys. How long do they give you for showers and all of that in Boot Camp?

You don't have long at first. They tell you what to wash and for how long. Once you've been there for a while you will do it during your free time in the evening so you can take longer if you wish.

Once you're into the regular training schedule, you should have 1hr each evening to square yourself away. That means personal hygiene, taking care of your uniform, boots, etc...
    Then you'll have hygiene inspection followed by lights out.

Back in the day....we used to have to shine our boots. Guess the New Corps doesn't have to do that anymore.

HAHAHAHHAH Showers???? what are those????? just kidding!!! for the first few weeks its by the numbers you'll get enought time to get wet thats about it after that you get about a half hour to an hour too shower at night.

youre first shower well be an eye opener.. youll shower by the numbers and have generally 3 seconds to scrub where they tell ya.. Than rinse youre done. then usually you shower at the end of the day during the time alloted for you to square your uniforms away and write letters stuff like that..

PT showers are usually after morning PT and they turn on the showers and you all in line go around rinse off and get ready for the rest of the day.

Not sure if much has changed but 1/2 the shower heads didnt work when I was there so alot of the times it was either share one with someone or you could sometimes get one by yourself but it was cold water only. I cant remember one time where we could shower in the so called free time. I think we had about 5 min to shower and shave. We did get real clean one time. They turned on the hot water only and got it nice and hot. We had to craw in there and around while they pored bleach on us. Not really sure what happened but the SDI was not to happy when he found out it happened.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You'll have about 30 minutes for 70 plus some odd Recruits to run through about six shower heads........................you'll figure out ways to get it done.

The showers are turned on to the coldest possible water and then you run through the showers without using soap or anything else, you're actually in the showers for mabye 15 seconds. The only time you'll ever get a good shower is before a big event like the Co. Commanders inspection and trash like that. Once you get to 3rd phase you'll start getting 5 minutes to hygiene on nights when your senior is on duty, but when your killhat is on duty it'll be just like first phase.

Thread Information