Buddy Program?
Create Post

Thread: Buddy Program?

Question Buddy Program?

Do the Marine Corps have a buddy porgram through Boot Camp, and if so, how does it work? Also if they do, will you be split up after Boot Camp even if you both have the same MOS? Like, being stationed at Diff. places. But overall im just wondering how it works through Boot Camp. Thanks.

Yes, there's a buddy system for Recruit Training. If you also happen to have the same MOS you are most likely to go to that school at the same time. However, once you finish MOS, you'll be assigned according to the needs of our Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In My day there was three guys from the same small town on the buddy program (guaranteed), one turned into a sh**bird at the range and failed to qualify, they set him back two weeks, one of the other two complained to the recruiter, while on Boot leave, about BREACH of contract! Well that outcome was obvious. I think he was asked if he had wanted to be set back with him! He dropped the questions then!

The Buddy program is to promote recruiting and allow friends to go to BOOT together, BUT if one of them proves to be substandard, for any reason, he will be recycled, or whatever! But if all parties perform within standards they will stay together thru Boot Camp only, the rest is shear luck!

Ok, thanks, so that means if you go in with some one, you'd be bunk mates, and w/e else you guys do in Boot Camp together?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No it don't mean you will be Rack Mates! It means you will start in the same Platoon! You might be in the same squad, but that is just MIGHT! What is it with you and this line of questions? Are you guys Brothers or what?

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    No it don't mean you will be Rack Mates! It means you will start in the same Platoon! You might be in the same squad, but that is just MIGHT! What is it with you and this line of questions? Are you guys Brothers or what?
    No, i was just wondering how this worked, because my friend is thinking about joining with me, and was just wondering how it all worked out. Thanks for the reply.

lol....just how close is this 'friend'? Remember, don't ask, don't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    lol....just how close is this 'friend'? Remember, don't ask, don't tell.
    No.

Not that close... lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hemiman
    Not that close... lol
    Remember that a "Good Buddy" will go into town and get two B***J*** and come back and gives you one!

So I assume he is just a close friend, right?

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Remember that a "Good Buddy" will go into town and get two B***J*** and come back and gives you one!

So I assume he is just a close friend, right?
    lol, Yes just a close buddy, we just figured maybe it would be a little easier on us if we had someone in Boot Camp we knew.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ooo-rah, little pup!

i went to recruit training with two of my friends from high school. when you get there do not advertise the fact that you are on the buddy program. it is not a very good idea to hold your friends hand and say, "excuse me mr drill instructor we are on the buddy program can we be rack mates?

cancel my last, it is a good idea, your drill instructor is a very understanding man and i am sure he will make appropriate rack arrangments.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davecerami275
    it is a good idea, your drill instructor is a very understanding man and i am sure he will make appropriate rack arrangments.
    LOL..................that's just wrong dude!

Yeah, they only guarantee that you get there together - after that there are no guarantees. I had a set of twin sisters in my platoon that came in on the buddy system. One was going to be AD and the other Reserve - the one that was going to be AD got recycled so they were split up.

Thread Information