Being Jerked around?
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Being Jerked around?

Ok guys this is what just went down, I'd like your opinions on it. My recruiter was suppose to call me today to set up a time for me to be picked up tomorrow to leave for PI well by about 8:30 he hadn't called so I decided to see what was going on so I give him a ring. I could tell as soon as he answered the phone something was wrong. Well he goes into this long story about how they had somehow overbooked and I was being put on standby unless someone didn't show, and if they didn't I would leave on April 9, which was my original ship date until they called last Tuesday and told me I was leaving on March 29. Well I was starting to get alittle upset cause I had everything set for me to leave tomorrow, well all of a sudden he say's let me call you back and that was it, about 2 min later he calls back and say's he called and they have me a spot and I was leaving tomorrow. Ok maybe this happens alot I don't know, but I'm starting to lose alittle bit of faith in this whole deal, and if I didn't have mixed emotions before I've got'em now, I don't know what to think. Opinions please......

Just go where they tell you to go. They'll get you there sooner or later, and in the end tht's all that matters. Sadly, the Marine Corps works on its schedule, not yours.

welcome to your first class on "hurry up and wait" just relax don't get to stressed out about it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Some things never change lol.

Jim

that happens ALL the time man. It's like one time they recalled my whole unit to go tobahrain during the xmas day we worked all weekend and then we didnt go at the end. we ended up goign 3 months later.

But youll find stuff like that all the time and it's everywhere in life just dont get into the mindset of getting done by the big green weenie l

Credits
    Savings
    Images

I see things

haven"t changed any.

I would not take it a 2nd time

You have got to be kidding me??????? Many Civy's desire to be Marines and can,t for whatever reason. Most Marines really want to be Marines and do not worry about this petty stuff because all that matters is they have a chance to become a Marine. If you are still doubting yourself................you are in for a rude awakening

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I went to MEPs the RSS co asked if I was willing to fly directly from Meps to bootcamp. I had to decline. I at least needed the time to go home and tell my mom I had joined the Marines , give my employer 2 weeks and all that other stuff. A delay can be a blessing in disguise.

You are not being intentionally jerked around. Stay motivated, eat a good meal, drink lots of fluids, take a tub bath, and get lots of rest before you go. Hope to see you posting as a Marine this summer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yep...............at least the "hurry up and wait" thing hasn't changed - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah I guess you guys are right there not doing it on purpose, and atleast I'm going to get the chance at becoming a MARINE.

You will get there, so stand by to stand by.LOL

S/F,
    CEYA!

Thread Information