Yet another question about recieving
Create Post

Yet another question about recieving

When you go through recieiving at either MCRD and they issue the shoes...I read a post that said somthing like "if you have a problem with your feet theywill issue you some type of shoe help you" (now im not saying thats the exact thing I read but its somthing like that). The thing is I have a stress fracture in my left shin...I have had it for a good 5 months, I have rested my leg excatly as the doctor told me I thought it healed, but as soon as I started training again it came back worse than ever. Dont get me wrong im not complaining and I dont need pity I will go through recruit training with everything I have no matter what. The real question is do they hand out shoes with good supports for somthing like this or will I get the regular "go fasters"....(again it doesnt matter to much becouse I will run with what ever I have...like I have a choice haha) Any info will be greatly appreciated!

People get dropped for stress fractures ALL THE TIME. If you have one now, do not ship. Get it healed. There is no way you will be able to go through training with a stress fracture now.

Anyway, you would get the regular shoes. There is no way they could know about your stress fracture. If you told them about it, you would probably find yourself on a bus back home with a bald head.

the thing is I train with it right now I ran cross country with it...once i start running it is fine it is usually after I run....Like the other day I ran 8 miles and I was fine its just after I ran it just throbbed. Also the thing is i have seen my friend she has had one since last year..she rested for 6 months with no running and just trying to build I back then 2 months into season it was back...its really not somthing I can rest and know for sure it wil heal. Now im also not trying to argue with you becouse you do know more than me and you do know whats going to happen and whats best....but this is also somthing i dont want to give up

I understand all of that. But, when you have a stress fracture in boot camp you don't just run and then rest your leg. You put on boots and march around all day. That is where the real damage is done. Plus, when you head to Camp Pen. and start walking up and down large hills your will kill your legs if they aren't healthy to begin.

There is a reason that many healthy people are sent to MRP for stress fractures. If you are starting with one, I highly doubt you will be physically able to complete training. No need to give anything up, just get proper medical treatment and rest. Allow your body to have a chance when you get to boot camp.

hmm alright alright..well I was thinking do you think biking would be a good comprimise.....I could rest my shins while working my endurance/legs. That way it could be some what healed by recruit training

Cycling is a good nonimpact exercise. But, it does work different muscles. Nothing wrong with riding to keep some cardio capacity and base- but it will put some stress on your legs and it will take longer to heal.

It is up to you, but I strongly urge you to heal before you ship. If you want to continue to exercise some while you wait so you will be ready soon after you are healthy that is a great idea. Just make sure your leg hair grows back before you ship if you are one of the "shavers" out there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Does your Recruiter know about this? If not I would talk to him! I know for a fact that we lost three good recruits because of stress fractures! Don't hurt yourself for life for a dream, get well first then go! MCRD will always be there!

haha yes sir...by the way thanks for the help

Credits
    Savings
    Images

bigfoot1188,

Just to reflect on what has already been said to you. As a recruiter that has gone through this stuff before it reflects badly on both of you if you ship knowing that you have a tempory disqualification. Swiming would be your best bet at this junction. Get an orthopedic doctor to look at it. You are a young buck but I would not want you to get a permenant disability when you could do it thhrough ultrasound treatments. Trust me I went through stress fractures during recruit training and I made it but dang was it painful. You cannot take a break and breeze through like you can now. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Your recruiter won't like what you have to say but just take it like a man and hopefully you will get through this a couple of short months. The Marnie Corps will be here for you but they want the entire package not one that is slightly damaged.

Thread Information