Quick Question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

In our school we have a day called Career Day. Here is where my question comes. Would it be ok to wear cammies, to represent that my career for the next 4 years is the Military, even thought I have'nt earn the title of a Marine?

Don't wear cammies that look anything like a Marine uniform. Unless you legitimately have a Young Marines or JROTC uniform, don't pose.
    Ask your recruiter for a moto t-shirt and anything he gives you should be good to go.

I'll let a Marine handle this, but I would have to say know. If I were you I'd wear my red Marine shirt I got after I enlisted.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeCervantes
    In our school we have a day called Career Day. Here is where my question comes. Would it be ok to wear cammies, to represent that my career for the next 4 years is the Military, even thought I have'nt earn the title of a Marine?

I appreciate your motovation, but yeah, you'd better not were cammo, just what your Recruiter gives/gave you. Your classmates will get the massage!

Just have em line up, single file and have a pen in their hand ready to sign up!

OOOOO-RAHHH!!

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Your classmates will get the massage!
    Now that!...is my kind of career day. Just playing, but that one made me laugh...haha I need to get to bed.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BeVIP
    Now that!...is my kind of career day. Just playing, but that one made me laugh...haha I need to get to bed.
    Good night and OOO-Rah, kid!

No you shouldn't wear cammies for career day. When you become a Marine, you will learn that Marine cammies are battle dress (work uniforms) Marines do not wear our battle gear to impress, we wear them for training to assist our emenies to die for their country, and for actually making them die for their country. We have much better uniforms to impress Susy Rotten %%%%%%.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    NO! No cammies - like ebcole said cammies are a "work" uniform. Even when you DO become a Marine, they used to be pretty strict about wearing cammies off base - you could go off base in them but you better not let another Marine catch you in a convenience store buying a pack of smokes with those cammies on.

You know what would REALLY be cool? See if your Recruiter could come to your school just for that class period and use him sort of like a "show and tell" type thing. It would work out for the both of you! You could show everybody what your career choice is and he could get a few more kids interested........................

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice answer Kim you think like an NCO, Im recommending you for a meritorious promotion. Who is your current CO lol.

Jim

Almost once every week, an Army, Air Force, or a Navy recruiter comes to our school to talk to anyone interested in joining. My recruiter has not come to my school AT ALL. I've asked him to come so he could lure a few recruits away from the Army and into the Marine Corps, but he "never has time."

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bclark2137
    but he "never has time."
    Tell him about the idea - put it to him like you'll be showing HIM off. Everything else will fall into place - once they see him they'll start asking him questions. It wouldn't even be a hard day's work for him. And, tell him to make time if he wants your signature!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Nice answer Kim you think like an NCO, Im recommending you for a meritorious promotion. Who is your current CO lol.

Jim
    I AM the CO - only one above me is God Himself!

I guess I am going to be different here- but I wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as there were NO EGA's on them. That rules out actual MARPAT cammies, but could be some sold that resemble them or the old woodland pattern cammies. Just make sure you have a proper hair cut, don't wear rank, and don't try to convince anyone that you are something that you are not.

I'm with E4B here...wear cammies but do not have ANY USMC identifying items or insignia on them. I think you would be best serving the Corps, though, if you wore a Moto shirt from your recruiter.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    im a Poolee and im chapperoning an Army JROTC camp for 5 days in march. the camp will be at US. Army base Fort Irwin California. im a former Army Cadet Captain and all the cadets/instructors will be wearing the Army ACU(cammies) the entire week. i was wondering if as a Poolee and chapperone it would be appropriate to wear a set of MARPAT cammies with no rank insignia, or name tape on them.im also to understand that as a Poolee if you get 3individuals to enter the DEP you will be issued the Dress Blue Uniform with EGAs PRIOR to going to Recruit Training.

Thread Information