Marine Term Paper2
Create Post

Marine Term Paper2

Hello,
    I posted this earlier and it got deleted and I dont know why. As I said six weeks ago I'm writing a term paper on the Marines and why you should join it. One of my reasons is the camaraderie the Marines have. I have to have personal interviews with people in this term paper and this counts as one. So, could some of you Marines tell me about Camaraderie in the Marines and maybe a few examples of it. I need this ASAP please, I'm writing now but its not due for a week. I'd like to have it done before then please! Thanks!

Your post wasn't deleted. The site was hacked and several posts and other info were not restored completely.

The bonds between Marines are strong because of the many triumphs and tribulations that we endure together. As a team, we endure hardships, physical abuse, and oppressive conditions. Also as a team, we enjoy success, the satisfaction of completing missions, and for a select few, the ultimate triumph in winning a mortal battle. We grow close because we know the man next to us is going through the same thing. We know we can make it because he is making it. We know we can't fail, because it will fail him, too. Many people try to write about this. However, you really must be a part of this team to truly appreciate it.

One of my favorite stories to tell concerns one of my oldest Marine mentors. I just reported into my reserve unit and was still wearing my Green Alpha uniform while applying for jobs. I walked into a JC Penney looking to apply for a security position. The manager (now my friend) walked out and said "You're hired. I don't have any positions open, but you're hired anyway." He knew on the spot that he could trust me, I knew how to follow orders, and I could take down a bad guy. He's still one of my closest mentors and friends after 21 years.

Hope this helps.

It helps a lot thanks sir!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    1986 - the day I left to go to Japan, got reallllllly drunk (please don't tell your teacher) and had to be taken off the plane in Alaska. Got thrown in the hospital (dehydrated - isn't it funny how you can drink so much you dehydrate yourself?) at Elmandorf AF Base - no luggage, no cover, no money. Ran fluids in me for 24 hours and said I could go - my luggage was in Japan, Pendleton said send me back down there, I said everybody crazy! Next flight going to Japan wasn't coming through for another 4 or 5 days and the ONLY place I had to stay was the hospital. SOMEBODY (and thank GOD) knew of a Reserve Marine unit (that had about 10 AD Marines) that just happened to be across the yard from the hospital so I went to see them. For the next 4 or 5 days, these guys gave me money (to get little stuff that I might need), checked me in and out of the hospital and took me around to see a little bit of Anchorage, one of the wives cooked dinner one night for all of us, AND they sat in that terminal WITH me until 5 AM when my flight left going to Japan.........................finally!

THAT'S Marine camaraderie for you. They took care of me just because I'm one too. It's STILL the same now and will be for LIFE!

Kim,
    You truly are an animal.
    LOL.

You want to write a short term paper? All have seen some where in a book, movie's where the native american indian drew blood on their wrist's, pressed them together. With no word spoken, the look in their eye's, "Semper Fi"

Thread Information