Freedom Hill PX - DaNang - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I was there 68-69 1st Shore Party and I don't understand the comment "on the Dog Patch side" .

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by bradson View Post
    I was there 68-69 1st Shore Party and I don't understand the comment "on the Dog Patch side" .

""DOGPATCH""....I believe the REAL name for the "LittleVillage" at the intersection across from
    MAG 11, was = "HOW FAT" , pardon the way i spelled it,, thats the way it was pronounced...

MAG 11 at the time the NEW PX was built was on the western edge of the airfield, between the airfield and the mountian when i left ...

The old PX was over on Mainside Into the Edge of DaNang city the best i can remember..
    Very close to the Navy kids ,, call them what you will.. been forever since thinking about that side of the field...

Thank you for clearing that up! Your answer makes sense.

Was there in 69 - 70 with H&S Co, spend time in Dong, Ha and Quang Tri

wks055, I was a corpsman in H&S Co., FLSG-Bravo or "floozie bravo" from about 2/70 till around 5/70. Went to Provisional Rifle Co. at FLC after that. Also spent some time at Dong Ha. I might know you! Small world, isn't it? I hope you're doing well and I hope you didn't mind the shot lines! Take care!

Pat

Hi - I was assigned to H&MS-17 at Da Nang Air Base - Worked at the ICCC, Ice Cube, from Nov 67 to Sept 68. I saw the Freedom Hill thread and wondered if by chance anyone from there at the time would happen upon this thread. Our hootch was just 3 hootches from the Dog Patch gate and I don't remember any bear garden or bowling alley in the Freedom Hill Exchange...but I do remember the good looking blond car sales person with usually 3 or 4 guys standing in line to buy a vehicle.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Was in DaNang with VMGR 152 in "67. No bowling alley or beer garden that I can recall but hey, I'm old, retired and have a serious case of CRS so who knows.

Credits
    Savings
    Just prior to the "check your weapons " rule--
    I recall youngsters ( young service people ) emplacing holes in the ceiling

anyone know jeffery lynn bronson from about 1970 my email is jeffbronson@gmail.com Attachment 25665

freedom hill

my dad jeffery lynn Bronson usmc was there sometime in the 70 time frame anyone know him love to chat my email is jeffbronson@gmail.com
    Attachment 25666Attachment 25667

Am I missing something ?

I never saw any round eye girls there ! I was with VMGR-152 in '70 for 2 months in Danang .I know Dogpatch and freedom Hill well !

spent time there 65-66-67-68-69 .... blkjak

Was there Sept68-August69-there were some "Round Eye"females in the Red Cross-on Freedom Hill when I was there-but don't remember any "Good Lookers".

I see it's been a while since the last post.

Doc, I have a short story about the Round Eye Females in the Red Cross Center at Freedom Hill. I was a L/Cpl at MWHG-1. MWCS-1 in 1969-70. I made a trip to Freedom Hill about a half dozen times or so while I was there. Several times I would go into the ARX (American Red Cross) and sit in the air conditioning and read a book and relax. Fast forward five years to 1975. I was now a SSgt assigned to DCA Europe, Stuttgart, Germany. I walked into the admin office office and the good looking woman who took my packet looked at me and then asked me if I was in Danang. I told her I was and she asked if it was in 1969 and I said yes I was. She said she thought she remembered me coming in and just reading. The reason she remembered was because I was one of the few that did not harass the girls. Funny how small the world is sometimes. She was indeed a good looker. She ended up meeting a soldier, married, had a couple of kids, and was now working Civil Service as a clerk while her husband went from post to post.

Gunny Hardy,That's a Great Story.How are you? Are you still teaching?Hope your Doing Well and Everything is Hunky Dory.I have to admit,even now,I miss being with the Marines.Your a Gunny,That's really Special to me.What you did after the Service,is even more Special.Your a Superior Human-God Bless you Always.......Allan Out.

Thread Information