For the Poolees.............. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Speaking of old technology, I dug through a bunch of boxes in my dad's garage looking for something and found a neatly-packed box with a laserdisc player and a bunch of movies, including the first laserdisc release of Flash Gordon! Whooooo!

Shame it doesn't work any more.

hilarious davecerami

literally laughing out loud.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Small story

Im glad so many people have the same thought process as I. Right now I live in a little liberal neighorhood, the only one in my town to. I am always being lectured and scoffed at because of my decision to join the elustrious Marine Corps. I am told daily by most of teachers that it is just a good way to die young, except for a Romanian who served in the Army SF and understands my decision. And on my personal website(myspace). It states clearly that I am all for aggresive dicipline( Forgive my spelling) but only to the point where the child understood their lesson. For example my little brother shot a neighor near his eye with a BB gun and I was given permission to spank him so I walked him home yelling such nice things and giving loving gestures and I spanked him in the garage because I was re-painting the house, but I forgot to close the door. So after he learned his lesson and I put his gun away the neighors came over and started to lecture me on how physical punishment is horrible for the childs self esteem and they threatened to call the police, yet there kid has never been hit is a little wigger and smoke weed all day(he is 10) so I abruptly told them to get bent and if they ever threatened me again I was going to show them physical punishment.

Maybe it was overboard but I was irate, yet my brother hasnt done it since. Sorry for the length

Angry My short story

Yesterday after school there was a fight at some kids house and like 20 people were there. Kid A insulted Kid B and told him he was gonna kick his a**. Kid A starts the fight and is going crazy on kid B, Kid B throws a massive haymaker that lands clean, kid A hits the ground and goes to the hospital with serious injuries. Both Kid A and Kid B are expected to be charged, but guess who else gets tickets? Those 20 kids that were there, didnt do anything to contribute, got Unlawful assembly tickets, $125 a pop. These kids involed should get in some trouble but I bet its gonna way too extreme, but thats to be expected. What really ****ed me off was that those kids got those Unlawful Assembly tickets, wtf? thats just rediculous in my opinion. I was under the influence that we had the right to assemble, but what do I know, im just a poolee. lol

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullrider
    Im glad so many people have the same thought process as I. Right now I live in a little liberal neighorhood, the only one in my town to. I am always being lectured and scoffed at because of my decision to join the elustrious Marine Corps. I am told daily by most of teachers that it is just a good way to die young, except for a Romanian who served in the Army SF and understands my decision. And on my personal website(myspace). It states clearly that I am all for aggresive dicipline( Forgive my spelling) but only to the point where the child understood their lesson. For example my little brother shot a neighor near his eye with a BB gun and I was given permission to spank him so I walked him home yelling such nice things and giving loving gestures and I spanked him in the garage because I was re-painting the house, but I forgot to close the door. So after he learned his lesson and I put his gun away the neighors came over and started to lecture me on how physical punishment is horrible for the childs self esteem and they threatened to call the police, yet there kid has never been hit is a little wigger and smoke weed all day(he is 10) so I abruptly told them to get bent and if they ever threatened me again I was going to show them physical punishment.

Maybe it was overboard but I was irate, yet my brother hasnt done it since. Sorry for the length
    Man that was awesome!

Very often in life people, especially parents, talk about how important the future is. How it’s extremely important it is to get an education so you can get a good job and lead a happy life. Well, what if being happy means not going to school? All teachers and parents keep stressing the point that we need to be smart to be happy, and if wasting 12 years or more in school is what it takes then we’ll do it. But what if somebody can be happy by being “dumb” or “unintelligent” by our standards? Just because a person can’t read a book or multiply 4*8 we look down upon them as being inferior and take pity. Why? I suspect it has something to do with today’s unbelievably annoying social standards. Everybody is obsessed with being the best in some way. Say you work 60 hours a week for your entire life. You make tons of money but never get married or have children and you’re an only child so you cant pass the money on to siblings. Where does it all go when you die, in the casket with you? What good will it do there? Absolutely none. My point is why work your life away for something that will do you no good when you die. Next situation, say you work out in the gym as much as possible. Before you get angry let me elaborate, I’m talking about the people who spend every moment possible there. Now, there is nothing wrong with being healthy but why be obsessed with having the perfect body. Why waste pointless hours working out when other things could be accomplished? I’m not saying to not work out though, there is nothing wrong with it but do it in moderation, maybe an hour or two a day. Take a look back at the 40’s and 50’s, not much fatty foods, crime was down, and nobody cared if you could run a mile in 6 min. or fit into those size 4 jeans. Life in all aspects was simpler. Everyone went to work around 8 or 9 a.m. and was usually home by 5 p.m. nobody cared about making millions; they just cared about raising a happy and healthy family. Kids didn’t worry about working 40 hours a week and still going to school. They didn’t have to worry about going to school and being shot or having “bomb threats.” In sports, they played to have fun and nobody worried about whether or not the loser’s feelings would be hurt. You didn’t cry or have low self-esteem, you just dusted yourself off and offered a rematch. All I’ve ever known is over-hyped standards, too much emphasis on image, and not enough of the way things used to be. I miss the old days and I wasn’t even alive for them.

Here's another small town moment.
    Since the highschool has nothing to spent money on after basketball, we had police dogs go through the parking lot and the school once a week. Well they smelled cigarettes in one of my friends car, so they proceded to go through it.
    Well these two cops find a one pound bag of white powder. Well before long the princepal and half the school staff show up at his car. The princepal is beat red, and is both angry and embarasses. And the teachers all start the gossip thinking they know whats going on. Saying my friend is a bad kid and they knew this was gonna happen. So one of the cops pull him out of class, walk him to his car and start asking him questions. The whole time he has a big grin on his face, and draging out the questioning.
    Well come to find out it was a bag of gravy mix he took from work at Dairy Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrider

Yeah it's not your place to disciplin your siblings. Your parents should be doing that. Now he is gonna see you screw up and get away with things, while your whipping him when he screws up. He'll lose respect for you and fear just being around you if you keep it up.
    I used to think since my parents got divorced when i was younger that I had some authority over my little brother, And I yelled at him when he screwd up.
    now he is 13 and and makes my life hell. But I asked for it from yelling at him like that.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiggness
    Yeah it's not your place to disciplin your siblings. Your parents should be doing that. Now he is gonna see you screw up and get away with things, while your whipping him when he screws up. He'll lose respect for you and fear just being around you if you keep it up.
    I used to think since my parents got divorced when i was younger that I had some authority over my little brother, And I yelled at him when he screwd up.
    now he is 13 and and makes my life hell. But I asked for it from yelling at him like that.

I understand where your coming from with that. I only whipped him once because my mom had surgery and my dad was away at work for the following two days. And believe me when I screw up I get my punishments. Other than that though we get along just fine, were like best buds. Were always playing soccer together, and I just got him into basketball(hes too small for rugby). But yes I know it was overboard, and yes I acknowledge that its not my place to carry out disciplinary orders but it had to be done. And I havent carried it out since, and I never really yell at him except for when he screws up beyond normal boundaries.

Well aleast you guys get along lol.
    You didn't have to explain your self, I was just telling you what I figured out.

Thread Information