Johnson: Marine mom protests as son trains for Iraq - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What planet does she live on?

She reminds be of Private Benjamin, “I joined the other Army, the one with the condos!”

The sooner that Marine severs the umbilical cord and runs screaming into the night from that over-protective, doting windbag of a mom, the better we will all be. He has made a choice, left home, and is probably a lot happier where he is than with you, mommy....let him go....don't make me get my flying monkeys....

I do NOT understand mothers like her. She has the right to protest because of our fighting men.
    She has the freedom to be out after dark and travel wherever she wants, whenever she wants.
    My USMC Corporal son, who just shipped out again yesterday morning after two years combat duty with recon, is not expendable in regard to being a beloved part of the family, whether he is an only child or one of 12. His eleven siblings are ALL unique and awesome.. and honorable !

He is doing more than a job. You cannot acquire nor maintain freedom by sitting down with the enemy over tea and cookies.
    Wake up woman.

The *girl* side of me likes the idea of being protected.

My awesome USMC Sergeant husband was an 18 year old MAN in Nam
    I love and appreciate his willingness, his honorable service,and courageous actions.
    Only the few !

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It appears Honor, Commitment, and Country run deep in your family, Mrs. Shipman. My prayers go out to your son (and A hedge of protection around him and his unit) and my respect goes out to his parents. You taught him well.

It is a shame in this Country when doing the right thing is no longer COMMON.

"Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue", Admiral Nimitz referring to the Marines on Iwo Jima.

It is nice to know that while America seems to be changing, Her Marines are not!

To Pamela Osborne, “May you sleep well tonight knowing your son Daniel and the many Marines like him are on duty”.

Just my humble opinion.

He was 'promised' a job that will keep him 'at least 5 miles from the front lines'...

What did she think this particular war is? WWII?

What....an idiot.

Do these people NOT read what they are signing ?
    When you purchase a home or vehicle you typically sign a binding contract that is not going to care what your mommy says later. You either follow it or lose, period. Joining the United States Marine Corps is far more than a job or simple contract. It is a commitment. You get a thirteen week training that lets you KNOW that this is not a game. I heard one mother last week tell me that she thinks that if an enlisted person does not want to go into combat, then they should not make them do it. I got fiesty, in a lady-like way of course. I was stunned when she told me that she has a son who has been in the Corps for 18 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She still deosn't get it. Sheeeesh!!!

I need to get our ranch up and running more quickly for our USMC Veterans to come a get some supportive R and R .

Arrow

P.S. Thanks Gator, sir !

It's obvious she is clueless, OR, is simply using her son for her own politically warped beliefs.

Quit Crying

Ms. Osborne quit crying. Marines and FMF Corpsmen go to war that's what we do. You probably should have realized that when your son put on that sacred Marine uniform. If you can't understand why your son needs to go to Iraq ask him and I'm sure that he can explain it to you. Your MARINE son and the other Marines in his unit will do anything they have to do to care for each other and they will undoubtedly have a FMF corpman with them who will go through hell and back to save your son if the need arises. Of the 4 years I have been in the Navy my most enjoyable times have been ones with Marines standing next to me. Accept what your son has to do I'm sure he has.

Quote Originally Posted by prdcomom
    This woman testified at the hearing in Colorado.
    She claimed her son had been promised a job in the Marines that would keep him at least 5 miles from the front lines.
    Claimed he was not trained to go to Iraq.
    I wonder how long she intends to try and breastfeed this poor young man.
    No wonder he joined the Marines.
    I almost threw up listening to her this week.
    AMEN TO THAT MA'M!!!!

Thread Information