Which Is the bigger dog ???
Create Post

Angry Which Is the bigger dog ???

Recently I've experienced a real mess with my son. His mos is backed up as most of them are at this time of year, so his recruiter sent down RA for him last week, he was suppose to be headed home yesterday. As most of you know that are Marines, it seldom works the way you expect, if it does, then your fortunate. Anyway, his Ra was at Camp Johnson last week so we were told by the recruiter here, I guess the way they do it is at formation in the morning they call out the name of the Marines that have RA so that they can go in and look over the paperwork sign it and then go get tickets and itinerary to turn in, well, as it always seems to go at least in our case, the recruiter said the RA is there, the Sgt said it's not, several calls later and several arguements later the fact is that the orders are there and he should be coming home this week...well, NO, they do two days of name calling and his name isn't on either day, so he calls home to find out what is up, the recruiter calls down and it's all there, they don't know why he hasn't been told or called. So day four he goes out on work detail for the day, on that day his buddies tell him later that day that his name was called while he was gone for RA, so now he can't do anything about it until the morning, day five he goes to the Sgt to tell him that he was out on a work detail while his name was called and the Sgt tells him he doesn't know why his name was called !!!! Now, it seems to me, that first of all , his Sgt should have known that he was out anyway on the work detail when he called his name, second, why would they keep jerking this Marine around, we already know he has RA waiting there and they just keep playing with it...so now moral is at a all time low for this Marine, he keeps getting told you have RA and then you don't. I myself think it comes down to a ****ing match between head Marines, the recruiter and other officers over him in NY have been driving the Sgt and other officers in NC nuts trying to get this straightened out so I feel this is just one Big dog showing another who's in charge...but, meanwhile the Marine in question is sitting there watching others leave for home or 96 and he doesn't know why he's left there to be in the middle of it all...
    Myself, I think it's time to grow up and do the right thing...It's a holiday and they have not only messed with my son (once again, and this isn't the first time and most likely won't be the last) but they have upset our holiday as well, either say he's coming home or he's not, but the games that are being played are really not appreciated.. we are still being told that he will be home now by Monday, he says that he doesn't see it, nobody will give him any answers as to what the heck is going on, so meanwhile we sit and wait for the big dogs to give up on this ****ing match and be a family like we were told the Marines are...I know this doesn't go for all Marines, but it sure doesn't give people a great impression of what goes on. I'm just to say the least frustrated at this point and disappointed, but then life as usual is always mostly a bit of both...lol thanks for letting me vent as always...just annoyed today and missing my son...

He is a MARINE now and Follows the Corps ways..

Ellie

It's OK to "vent" Mom. Life gets interesting when you follow a Marine.

He now takes his orders from only one place+++USMC

Thank you for your reply's and thanks for letting a mom vent...but Ellie, with all due respect, the Marines earn and deserve respect and to be treated like human beings, all I was saying is that a simple yes or no would have been a much better way to handle things, he may be a Marine and I'm very proud he is, but respect isn't too much to ask for...and I've already known from the start that he now lives by the corps rules, that's a given, I'm not one of those moms that trys to fix things for my baby, he's far from a baby and he is more than capable of taking care of his own, but I am still a mom and will be til the day I die, so like a lioness I protect what's mine... anyway, thanks for the replies and the venting outlet, it does help...

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool They Can Kill 'ya-but They Can't Eat 'ya-s/f~

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT MARINE MOM,THE USMC;IS NOTORIOUS! FOR STICKIN,THE GREEN-WENNIE;TO IT'S MEN!EVEN MORE SO,IF THEY LIKE YOU!IT'S WHAT, IS REFERRED TOO;AS (TUFF-LOVE) THESE DAY'S!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    WITH ALL DUE RESPECT MARINE MOM,THE USMC;IS NOTORIOUS! FOR STICKIN,THE GREEN-WENNIE;TO IT'S MEN!EVEN MORE SO,IF THEY LIKE YOU!IT'S WHAT, IS REFERRED TOO;AS (TUFF-LOVE) THESE DAY'S!!!

I have to agree....
    Anyhow I know that certain units were on restriction as of yesterday on on Camp Johnson...

My daughter works on this base....winky wink

Ellie

Thread Information