Sit-up Improvement
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Question Sit-up Improvement

Does anyone here have any techniques to improve sit-ups? Right now I can do 20 or so but really want to improve...any input would be appreciated...thanks.

Are you talking about situps or crunches? For me, when I first started doing crunches, I could only get 65 or 70 in two minutes. I just forced myself to do as many as I could and within two weeks, i was able to do 100 in two minutes. I now make myself do 300-400 a day. It gets really easy (not to mention that you get a six pack really quick). So, i guess the best way to improve is to simply keep doing it until you can't do it anymore.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks...kinda slow at the moment hoping to pick it up a little....again thanks. Any other tricks or tips?

I do bicycle crunches. Also, I hear leg lifts while on a pullup bar are effective as well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bicycle crunches? How do you do those? I forgot about leg lifts while on the pullup bar...my dad told me about those awhile back. Thanks and anything else from anybody else would be appreciated.Thanks again.

I put weight on my stomach(around 45 pounds) then do a hundred or so no stopping with out a time limit. then my timed crunches go up quite a bit

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What do you mean by weight? Like weights for bench pressing...or something else?

You lay on your back with your arms behind your head, knees up and bent, and when you crunch up you stick one leg straight out, and when you go down you bring it back. Then do the other leg, and that's 1. It's a favorite of Drill Instructors for killing recruits.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wow...i guess you learn something new everyday...thanks again...probably try it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PerXes
    You lay on your back with your arms behind your head, knees up and bent, and when you crunch up you stick one leg straight out, and when you go down you bring it back. Then do the other leg, and that's 1. It's a favorite of Drill Instructors for killing recruits.
    Holy....

I consider myself pretty gifted with ab workouts, I can hold my feet at six inches for a really long time, even after doing 3 max sets of crunches, leg lifts, hello dollies,etc.

But I just did 3 sets of those and I was like....uhhhhhhhh

Better get working.

my coach showed me a good sit up technique but it get s hard soo you have to start slow and work your way up. first you balance you self on your lower back with your legs 6 inches in the air. then you bring you knees and chest to gether.

what i meant was put weight on your stomach and do crunches like that. good way!

Thread Information