Coming back from boot
Create Post

Coming back from boot

Ok. I know that on the way there the Marine Corps pays for your flight and things like that. For me I'll be flying from MEM to Charlotte then from there to Savanna then from there I take the bus to "the island". But after bootcamp is over how do you get back? And what if you don't want to go home? What if you want to go to a different state or out of the country? And what if you don't want to take all or any of those 10 leave days? Do you have to got back to the same place. And do they still make you take all of you leave days? Thanks to any Marines that can answer this for me.

And I have another question. Can you ship to boot on the buddy program with a poolee from another state?

You pay for your own ticket when you leave boot camp, so you can go anyplace you want. Leaving the country isn't a great idea because it can cause problems for you if you have a MOS that needs a security clearance.

If you don't want to take the 10 days leave you could go to Camp Geiger and check in to MCT. You would likely end up in a company with people that graduated boot camp before you. Since females don't graduate every week it may mean you can't start training and would end up doing some sort of duty while waiting on a training company. (Which is always a possibility anyway.)

No idea about the buddy program. Ask your recruiter.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to take your advice because I do need the clearance. I was just wondering about the leave days because I heard somewhere that the leave days are still subtracted even if you don't take them.
    I've already asked my recruiter. He said that he would see what he could do just wondering if anyone knew so I wouldn't get my hopes up for nothing. But thanks.

To be honest, the buddy program exists to make people in the DEP feel better. It really won't matter when you're in boot camp. It isn't as if you have hours to sit and talk with your friend. There were people in my platoon that I never talked to, and we had a very small platoon. You have other things to be worried about.

I completely understand Cpl, and will keep that in mind for future refrence. To be honest it is just like you said to make us feel better. It's just to have someone we are familiar with with us so when we get to PI. We can look around in the confusion and just know ok. We are gonna get through this together. And to be honest both of us are strong people we will make it through boot wheater or not we have the buddy program. Because for both of us our goal is that EGA. And I will accomplish my goal. Wheather I have her there or not. But in the begining it would help if only a little. But I'll keep that advice in mind.Good to go, Sir.

btw: There are people I take classes with that i don't talk to and we DO have hours to do so.LOL.

Thread Information