Warm Homecoming for Local Soldier
The Marine Just Finished His 3rd Tour Overseas
By Chad Pradelli

March 3, 2007 - "It's a sick feeling in your stomach everyday," said Patty Lewis. The military mother had that feeling everyday for three years. But Saturday night the feelings were relief and joy.

The music blared, and friends and family danced. Lance Cpl. Brian Lewis is finally home.

"It's just great being home. Just, everyone around... it's nice to have," said Lewis.

The Marine's mom, Pat Lewis told us, "A lot of people aren't quite so fortunate. So, this is a big celebration."

After three tours overseas, Brian is once again enjoying good food, plenty of sleep, and long showers. These are aspects of life some of us take for granted, but are what our men and women in uniform sacrifice to serve our country.

"It's different, but I've adapted. I'm getting used to the lifestyle again," said the Brian.

His mother added, "It's funny because when he eats he stands up. He's not used to sitting down at a table and eating."

We first met Patty Lewis in October. Her house was filled with boxes. She was just beginning to start a nationwide drive to send Holiday stocking stuffers to her son, and the 11-hundred other Marines in his battalion. Patty is going to continue her holiday mission. But for now, she's enjoying moments with her son.

"I just thank God that my son's home safe and sound," said Patty.

Lance Cpl. Lewis is done being deployed overseas. Next month he'll head to North Carolina for a few more months of service. And later this year he plans to enroll in college and pursue a career in criminal justice.

Ellie