Best damn DI ever - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Dinky Dau!! No problem knowing where you spent some time at brother.

All I remember is a Corporal Johnson. About 5'7" and 185 of pure HELL. He was probably the meanest Marine I ever met and one who you'd lay down your life for and he's lay down his life for any Marine. Hopefully he's still with us but if not "See you on the otherside." Semper Fi

hey marine, i was in your series platoon 1078
    that was the summer of the olympics and the guy that went into mcdonalds and killed alll those people .
    that massacre occured on july 18th the 2nd day we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by ridingcrops View Post
    I hate to burst your bubbles but the best DIs n the Corps where Gunny Mcglaughlin and S/Sgts Sterling and Napier from platoon 1082, San Diego 1969. These guys were tops and taught us how to go from boys to being Marines.

How do you guys remember that stuff? I can see their faces, Actually remember the cadence calls. I recall their toughness and believe it,....kindness. They taught me lessons that have lasted 44 years to-date...................not the least of which is to GET UP, NEVER QUIT when my ass is kicked.
    But the names?..........Sgt York (for real) is the best I can do.
    MCRD San Deigo Dec 1969 Plt 2192

You sure it was not Sgt. YORDT? Little short guy, first name was Drill Instructor.

SSgt Case Platoon 1064 Honor Platoon, Viking Platoon being most came from Minn. used us North Dakota and South Dakota boys to fill in the state platoon, SSgt Case said the DI's just loved having a platoon that came from the same area, was very proud of us as we were of him, Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    You sure it was not Sgt. YORDT? Little short guy, first name was Drill Instructor.
    Ya know, I don't know where that came from..........My apologies to Drill Instructor Sgt.Gary Yarburough..........he was the junior instructor of the 3 for Plt.#2192

Thread Information