Best damn DI ever - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Every D.I. has a first name and it is Drill Instructor and do not forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1Devildog View Post
    I don't know guys, my favorites were S/Sgt R. L. Haycock, and Sgt. G. Bashline of Honor Platoon 1068. Not many that could hold a candle to these two. . . To them I say thank you, and Semper Fi.
    Hey, those names sound very familar to me. Sgt. Bashline choked me and was a dirty dog, but did get us ready. Sgt. Haycock was the "good cop". Who are you Alpha?

I dont know but I would have to say SSGT Marsh , I hated that prick with a passion , I guess he did it for a reason , I was in the "classroom" alot , I got so fit and in shape that he busted nut just trying get me and several others with his exercises at the very end , didnt work , we beat him! He didnt even stick around at graduation , I wanted to say thanks , he (and the Corps ) changed my life!

Platoon 1033 1984 (Hollywood Marine)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The BEST DI and SDI on Parris Island is MY SON SSGT Vesely .. He Just graduated his last Platoon 10/24 Platoon 2072 Semper-Fi my son and fellow Marines..

SSGT Case SDI platoon 1064 Honor platoon 1974, OOHRAH.

All 3 were the best.Sgt R.A Schaad(retired Sgt Major).
    Sgt J.C.Davis(retired Sgt Major),Cpl R.K.Crothers (medically retired Gy Sgt).1965 Sept-Dec 1st Battalion Platoon 195.
    Senior Drill Instructor Schaad was the epitome of a Marine
    built like a tank and mean,but professional.The junior DI'S
    would jerk a knot in your tail and were mean too,But Sgt Schaad was brutal ,but we loved them.They knew most of us were going to Vietnam and wanted us ready and trained us accordingly.The 2nd Battalion Drill Comp Trophy was named
    in honor of Sgt Schaad who died along with 6 others in a Van
    accident going to a masonic Lodge function ~~Feb 16 1995.
    I had the privilege to phone my two junior DI'S ,I've been
    working on a reunion.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Everyone here is right about there DI,s,we are all here because of them.From the a$$ kicking to PTing our butts off.They did their job right,OOOOOOORRRRAAAAHHHHH.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc23 View Post
    S/ DI SSgt Vanslik Platoon 2090 , Graduation Date; Nov. 6th, 1989 2nd Bn, Fox Company, MCRD Parris Island, was and always will be the best Senior Drill Instructor in the Corps.
    USMC23,

You MUST be mistaken. You were one series too late to have had the priviledge of being trained by the best Senior DI of the USMC, SSgt Jones, Plt 2056, Graduation 890811 2nd Bn, Fox Co., MCRD PI.

SFi
    C

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ya'll ain't had nothing til you have a WOMAN DI in your grill! OOOOOOOOOOOO DAWG! Face all red, veins popped out in the neck and face, yelling (LOUDLY!) and telling you how un-fking-worthy you are to wear HER uniform. I would always make it through the moment thinking to myself "I don't want to wear YOUR uniform, I want MY own!".

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    USMC23,

You MUST be mistaken. You were one series too late to have had the priviledge of being trained by the best Senior DI of the USMC, SSgt Jones, Plt 2056, Graduation 890811 2nd Bn, Fox Co., MCRD PI.

SFi
    C

You graduated 3 days after I got to PI, Devil Dog, Semper Fi. Actually they are all the best Drill Instructors for making us what we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Ya'll ain't had nothing til you have a WOMAN DI in your grill! OOOOOOOOOOOO DAWG! Face all red, veins popped out in the neck and face, yelling (LOUDLY!) and telling you how un-fking-worthy you are to wear HER uniform. I would always make it through the moment thinking to myself "I don't want to wear YOUR uniform, I want MY own!".

Haha yeah I'm with you on that one. The best was when they told us that we didn't rate a voice at all...good times. We went through a whole day of trying to sound off with our mouths closed. But anyways, my series had some bad ass drill instructors. Senior Drill Instructor SSgt Flowers was a drill machine. When she had duty all we would do before square-away time was pop sticks and march around the squad bay practicing indoor drill cards. Drill Instructor SSgt Gonzales liked us to dry scuzz and wet scuzz the deck...for 3 hours. And finally, the one that broke me and rebuilt me, Drill Instructor SSgt Macea. The PT machine that would quarterdeck us until we almost died. She was the master of f*ck-f*ck games. She made us throw everything we had in our foot lockers in the middle of the squad bay and then she made us take our names off our foot lockers and stack those in the middle. Then we had 30 minutes to find our foot locker and one of everything that was thrown in the middle, if it was ours or not.
    Good times...

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

SSgt Hernadez-Burrito kill hat for Platoon 3203 India Company MCRD San Diego, one of the Toughest little cusses ever that i have had the privilege to meet.

this can go on forever and ever... every marine is gonna say his di was the best.
    as for me it was gysgt bauman, sdi, 1005 c co 1rtb

...and that was Parris Island! oohrah

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    SSG Eugene Chism was my DI's name, and if he were still alive and we met, I'd still call him sir!

Thread Information