Best damn DI ever
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Best damn DI ever

I want to take a few minutes to salute the best damn drill instructor the Corps ever had! Yup, I'm actually saying some good things about a man who made our lives miserable for nearly 12 weeks! From the minute our feet hit the deck until we lay our weary bones in the "rack", SSG Eugene Chism from Houston Texas, taught us what it meant to be a Marine. From a kick in the pants, a swagger stick up side of the head, to "Thump" call at 1800 hours every night, we learned. Oh boy, did we learn. We learned never to swat a sand flea (SSG Chism's word were, he has to eat, too!" or suffer the consequences..usually a burial even if we couldn't find the body. One of his favorite perversions was to announce "The smoking lamp is lit" then let us take one drag and then announce "the smoking lamp is out!" It's been nearly 52 years since I last saw SSG Eugene Chism, and if I saw him today, I'd still call him sir!

sorry bro,,, have to disagree,,,

the best drill instructor ever to grace our Corps is SSGT Anderson of platoon 1073, graduation date 05 oct 1984

My grandpa was a DI in san diego from 43-45...now he's the best DI i know...course i havent gone yet so i dont know many lol.

Chism

I'm celerating 50th anniversary at PI Jan 5th 2009 and I had a Sgt Chism at my last duty station at Annapolis MD. He was a former DI. Quite a guy, could be!!

I don't know guys, my favorites were S/Sgt R. L. Haycock, and Sgt. G. Bashline of Honor Platoon 1068. Not many that could hold a candle to these two. . . To them I say thank you, and Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Was his first name Eugene? That was my DI's name and he was one tough Marine!

Quote Originally Posted by jimusmc55 View Post
    Was his first name Eugene? That was my DI's name and he was one tough Marine!
    I'm sorry Sir, which name/DI are you referring to?

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    That was supposed to go to rkuipers67...sorry!

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    for rkuipers67....was his first name Eugene and do you have any pictures?

good to go running into him after 53yrs. How ever I have to say it

"you must out of your mind, maybe on Gilligan's Island, the best SDI on this Island is SDI SSgt. Harrison"

As cheesy as it sounds now it was motivating to say then......

can't remember his first name. Physically he was a big man with a sence of humor. If I remember he was heading back to SC just before I got out in late 62. I've got every picture and document of my time in the Core & will investigate more.

Quote Originally Posted by rkuipers67 View Post
    can't remember his first name. Physically he was a big man with a sence of humor. If I remember he was heading back to SC just before I got out in late 62. I've got every picture and document of my time in the Core & will investigate more.

I don't know Devil Dogs, SDI Ssgt Frank, DI Sgt Pichockey, and DI Sgt Vick were the **** on PI for Plt 2043 in 1985.

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Negative, my fellow Devil Dogs the best D.I ever was SSGT Price. Platoon 1025 at MCRD San Diego 1982.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE

Horsesh!t!!!!!!!! The best DI's on Parris Island were Sgt PA Pinel,Sgt PF Hartley and Sgt LR Laird Plt 369 1970

bootlace15 out

Thread Information