Create Post
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Marines in Nam

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Website...

Quote Originally Posted by sloan52 View Post
    looking for alol marines that served in nam between 1968-1974. please give location served. semper fi...
    Check out www.fromthehalls.com

Lots of Vietnam Marines etc. and the site is owned by a Vietnam Veteran...
    Semper Fidelis

Hotel 2/4 when we were the 9th MAB, 26th RLT and then over to III MAF and then III MarDiv. Was with the 26th RLT in Okinawa at Camp Schwab with A Company 5th Medical Battalion. Instructed Rappeling and was in charge of physical exercise after Sergeant Adams went back to the States.

Carl Price, HM3

PFC Robert Ramsey / Capt. Larry Tasby

Rasmey died at Quang Nam on Feb. 11, 1969. I am a local historian in Stuttgart, Arkansas who has found his "unmarked" grave. Pictures are posted under my profile. I would love to hear from ANYONE who served with him, as the process to work with family members to get military marker with community support will surely bring up some raw feelings. I have a posting from Tasby that is especially kind. My direct email is jheraldfb@gmail.com.

Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by jherald View Post
    Rasmey died at Quang Nam on Feb. 11, 1969. I am a local historian in Stuttgart, Arkansas who has found his "unmarked" grave. Pictures are posted under my profile. I would love to hear from ANYONE who served with him, as the process to work with family members to get military marker with community support will surely bring up some raw feelings. I have a posting from Tasby that is especially kind. My direct email is jheraldfb@gmail.com.
    Very sad , wonder why he never got a marker ?

It happens , but it does make alot of us brothers sad !

His mother had already passed away, and his father died about a year later. The family listed in obituary all seem to be half-siblings. I've noticed under current rules for markers that the "stone setting" fee must be paid out-of-pocket and may have been too much for this broken family to pursue. I don't see that the parents' graves are marked either.

Here's what I think !

His mother had already passed away, and his father died about a year later. The family listed in obituary all seem to be half-siblings. I've noticed under current rules for markers that the "stone setting" fee must be paid out-of-pocket and may have been too much for this broken family to pursue. I don't see that the parents' graves are marked either.
    This is very sad , as I look at my DD214 and at least my Serviceman's Group Life Insurance Coverage in '71 was $15,000 .

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Neice Of PFC Robert Lee Ramsey Jr. Of Stuttgart,Ar

I first just want to say I thank GOD for you the local historian and all the brave men and women that served with my uncle.I have nothing but respect for you all.I currently live in Frisco,Texas and i am 1 of many neices of PFC Robert Lee Ramsey Jr,my mother Nerlene Meriman was actually his only sister whom sad to say died at an early age of 32.I within the last couple of years started to do reserach on my uncle and came up empty handed.I don't know much because i wasn't born until 1971.I never knew where his grave was, nor did i not know that when you are killed in the line of duty you aren't given an marker or gravestone.I know absolutely nothing about the military.I did however just a couple of years ago write in to the military and i do have all his record shot records &etc. and a couple of medals along with his purple heart medal that i wish cherish forever and pass down to my children.If there is anything i may help you with do not hesistate to ask.I thank you all for being so considerate seeing to it that he now has a headstone from a recent picture i've seen and i thank everyone.my uncle does also have 2 living brothers in Stuttgart that are older that may be also to tell you a thing or two about him.Please keep in touch.GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Yours In Christ,

Stacey Meriman-Thomas

Did you know jack scarpinato?

Fourfinger, were you with 1 26? Did you know jack scarpinato?

Lookin' for people that served in MABS 12 Motor Transport in 69and 70.
    Just wonderin' where they are.
    I remember two Jimmy Carters, called them big Jim and little Jimmy.
    There was a mechanic named Don Crow, he was a cpl.

Credits
    Savings
    LSU 2/26 Mar or Apr 69 to Jul 69

Did anybody serve with Edward L. Gardiner? He was my father and served with 3rd Force Recon in Vietnam. I think it was 65-66/67. I know his callsign was Cat Eyes and his close friends know him as Lloyd. Anything about the man that Inspired me to become a Marine would be great

Glad to see ya made it home. Did we ever meet?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pfc Shane one of My C.O's was a Mustanger with them in 66...I'll give the Ole Fart a Holler...He'd probably know Cat Eyes,Oh He was my C.O. in tha Fall of '68,after Capt.Wild Bill Dabney, "Capt.Hoover R.E." Semper Fi

Squad Leader Free Member Apache's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    3rd Rcn. 68-69
    Co Ordiantes in and around Chu Lai

Cat Eyes was one of the few talked about in my time.

Send address and I can forward 3rd Rcn pictures your way.
    Who knows ? Cat Eyes could be in one of them (?)

Thread Information