Marines in Nam - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines in Nam

to capt sloan
    my name is john carlson i was with the 11th eng bn dong ha - camp evans
    volunteer to work with us- aid was at the rear gate thay use to walk the 122rockets by us tring to get the air force relay tower got to see the ammo dump go up drove a yellow korea era thay got my truck and the jeep with the hand shaking symble on the side. made the pick up from air america
    ran the goddies to Mac-v at quang-tri and cam lo after that went back to
    the 11eng bn we open the road to khe sanh fixed the green beanie camp
    and built the small firstaid hut for the montinyards?????? the camp was over run twoweeks later came back and was on sent on ambush and one
    of the men shoot his buddy the next day I was sent to the 3rd eng bn and the E-tiket ride begane was with 1/9 2/4 2/26 and most of it was up hill
    was a 1371 was on prairie 1-2-3-4-op hickory chootaw freemont granit
    neosho was on a landing teem ended at the bottom of camp carroll

My brother, LCPL Roland Aasen was in Nam, 1st bat 9th Marine - he was with the Reactionary Force. He was also with 2nd bat, 7th Marine. He mentioned Fleet Marine Forces. 1971. He was also an MP at El Toro. I think he did his boot camp at Camp Pendleton. Hope I got this all straight. He was talking, and I was writing it down. He doesn't talk much about it. I'm very proud of him. Thanks to all of you who serve/served. I enjoy my freedom because of you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

hum

69-70 Quang Nam provence, Lima 3/1

riven37 could not fined your thread dont know to much about this
    maybe you could help me with some info on some of ops i know the ops
    Id like to know who i was with as a 1371 we was like **** all over the place
    I know it was a E-tiket ride have lots of photos dont know how to down load
    yet

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

India Bty. 11th Marines

Have Marine brothers who were in RVN during the same years mentioned. Were you near Hill 65? L/Cpl George Crumbley and Sgt William (wolf) Wolfrom, communicators/radio were there.

I was with Delta Co from Nov 67 to May 68 got shot and sent home, was at Khe Sanh and the Rockpile.

Semper FI
    The Walking Dead
    Leonard G. Simmons

Mike 3/4 ....Vandergrift Combat Base(stud)
    Quang Tri, Dong Ha, Cam Lo, Rock Pile and a lotta places I can't remember.

Echo Company 2/3. 1 Marine Bridgade. M.C.A.S. Kaneohe Bay,Hawaii. 1973-1975.

Quote Originally Posted by madhouse
    Mike 3/4 ....Vandergrift Combat Base(stud)
    Quang Tri, Dong Ha, Cam Lo, Rock Pile and a lotta places I can't remember.
    madhouse was a 1371 with 1/4 2/4 2/26 1/9 and 1st arven div some of my ops prairie1/2/3/4/ hickory /cimarron/choctaw/freemont/granite/neosho
    ballistic armor/neashoII/fortress attack/kentuckyII I think thear was a few more oh I was with mac-v at dong ha was with the U.S.Aid program
    I think Ill look for some of the doggies I was with boston

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    India battery, 11th Marines...

Previous post regarding Marine brothers...L/Cpl Crumbley was promoted in the field to Captain. He and Sgt Wolfrom were near Duc Pho and Mo Duc during, I guess the Tet offensive....Me, well I ended my enlistment in '63. My 2 sons also served during '90 thru '99 whereby my youngest was killed in helo accident off the coast of San Diego near Point Loma. Close to my heart, the MARINES, is the reason for my madness....Semper Fi

to: d c taveapont

Sorry I haven't responded to your message.....I haven't been in here for quite sometime.....and I never saw your question.

Your very correct. You go up that river that goes under Nam Bridge....go inland several clicks. The river was north of this hill. You can see the elevation number ( hill number) on Google.earth. Danang comes in real good on this satelite image.
    Again, sorry for the delay.... Semper Fi, bill Shipley, TCBnFlash4@aol.com

1st eng. bn. 1st mar. div. 11-66 to 2-68 from chu lai to camp carroll, liberty bridge,hill55 &10

Looking for a fellow Marine

Quote Originally Posted by MAYBERRY
    Echo Company 2/3. 1 Marine Bridgade. M.C.A.S. Kaneohe Bay,Hawaii. 1973-1975.
    Was in Echo Company 2nd platoon just looking for fellow Marines that was in at that platoon or company at that same time.

Hey...did I ever get back with an answer about hill 190 in nam and India 1/7 old compound? I am pretty sure it was.....
    sorry for the delay...

1st Marine Division 3rd MAF Cap Unit 1969-1970 I was in Da Nang and Cross Roads. I welcome fellow Marine responses.

Thread Information