Taking stuff personally
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Taking stuff personally

Ive been noticing a lot of poolees around here are taking stuff too seriously and way too personally. STOP IT. Seriously cut the ****, im not trying to stand up here on my soap box and freakin preach or nothin but grow some thicker skin.

First off its the freakin internet get a grip a lot of these fools live thousands of miles if not at least hundreds of miles away and there are a lot of tough guys on the internet.

Second youre trying to become a marine grow some hair on your chests become Men and Women im not trying to sound like the old guy here but i totally feel like ive been thrown back into high school. Which I basically have been a lot of you i see are between the ages of 17 and 20.

Lastly how are you going to handle boot camp if you cant handle what people say on here? The Drill Instructors arent going to be as nice as some of the people on here and i am most sure they are probably going to be quite worse.

This is text people leaving any and all interpretation up to the reader so please people calm down and get some thicker skin. Just keep Moto and earn that EGA and stop crying about everything remember youre trying to become a Marine now act like it.

Also before anyone complains yes I realized I forgot to Cap Marines once, but too late to Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Ive been noticing a lot of poolees around here are taking stuff too seriously and way too personally. STOP IT. Seriously cut the ****, im not trying to stand up here on my soap box and freakin preach or nothin but grow some thicker skin.

First off its the freakin internet get a grip a lot of these fools live thousands of miles if not at least hundreds of miles away and there are a lot of tough guys on the internet.

Second youre trying to become a marine grow some hair on your chests become Men and Women im not trying to sound like the old guy here but i totally feel like ive been thrown back into high school. Which I basically have been a lot of you i see are between the ages of 17 and 20.

Lastly how are you going to handle boot camp if you cant handle what people say on here? The Drill Instructors arent going to be as nice as some of the people on here and i am most sure they are probably going to be quite worse.

This is text people leaving any and all interpretation up to the reader so please people calm down and get some thicker skin. Just keep Moto and earn that EGA and stop crying about everything remember youre trying to become a Marine now act like it.
    I prefer my women without hairy chests, but i digress

Good post, +1 internets for you

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm gonna go take a ****.

There's alot of stuff that Poolees even Marines do on this site that I don't agree with.

I understand with giving a Marine respect but I hate the fact that if you don't bow down to them you'll get **** on constantly. I use to go into the chat every so often and just get smashed on for the littlest **** but when I talk to Marines at my job or the Recruiters they don't act as if they need you to kiss their boots to just ask question or carry a converstation with them.

Many Poolees act if the Recruiters are their boys which I guess it helps the Recruiters keep them in the RS but I don't do it but I don't have to keep ending my replies with Marine or calling them by their rank. When I become a Marine I won't expect nobody to kiss up to me but just to respect me as a man who became a Marine. I don't need the extra suck up, just the same respect I give to others.

As for some of the Poolees being on guard 24/7, I kind've think its the mind set put on here because you know the Marines will bash you if you do something they don't like so its kinda set an example for what should be expected of us Poolees/Wannabes.

I actually found the majority of the **** Alex said funny and kept it moving but to see other Poolees hate the man because hes ****ing around is like nit picking. Relax, enjoy each others company, and regardless of how we feel about somebody elses views just respect it. I know the infantry thread blew up but it was somebodies view that wasn't viewed as tasteful and got smashed for it.

Respect one another as the growing adults you're becoming because respect will take you higher then any title you will earn. The title Marine comes with respect and was built off of the respect they've earned and also gave. You all soon with be working with each other and needing each other. Why start off horribly when you can just respect each others views, say why you don't agree, and keep it moving.

Come on fellas/ladies.......

Well said.

I havent a problem with Alex he seems on the level.

Every Marine Ive ever met in person is pretty cool ****. My recruiter is also pretty bad ass too on the way to the MEPS we were trading drinking stories.

And I am not on about people tryin to brown nose to the Marines or Veteran Marines. Obviously you should show them some respect on this site I get part of the rules just like accepting all the rules that come with the territory. Same thing with this site, think of it as like paying for a Mobile phone by using their service and paying for service you accept their terms and conditions same as for this site.

For the bashing I assume some of it comes from the same stupid question being asked I mean seriously how many damn Office Vs Enlisted and Reserves vs Active threads are there? I think ive seen 4 on page one alone.

No bro, I was just talking to the Marines about the type of vehicles they have coming to the Corps since we intergrate them at my job. Some how it turned into me bragging them got to the point of I was a *******/****bird/etc. All I did was apologize and left it like that.

I wouldn't ask a question that I know I could search up but when you're just striking some simple convo and someone "thinks/assumes" they don't like you from just a couple minutes of talking is crazy.

I've never called no Marine out of their name or came at them wrong. I'm old enough to know how to respect someone even if it's by their rules but I don't like how you have to treat some of the Marines like Gods.

When I become a Marine and try shooting the breeze with them then I'll probably be considered a boot who doesn't know **** about the Corps then.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    Many Poolees act if the Recruiters are their boys which I guess it helps the Recruiters keep them in the RS but I don't do it but I don't have to keep ending my replies with Marine or calling them by their rank. When I become a Marine I won't expect nobody to kiss up to me but just to respect me as a man who became a Marine. I don't need the extra suck up, just the same respect I give to others.
    Now see this is why I respect you. Whenever you post something it always ends up being very humble.

Also, to touch base on that point...The younger Poolees at my RSS have that mentality that the recruiters can be treated like their friends in high school. Nonetheless, my recruiters insisted that we called them by their rank then last name, as opposed to a just last name basis. I don't have a problem with those that keep a light-hearted relationship with their recruiter, but I always tried to keep it professional. I always knew what I wanted out of the Marine Corps and what I was willing to put in, so our first appointment with each other we arranged a physical and swear-in at MEPS. I don't have any regrets on signing up quicker. The Marine Corps really is what you make of it. People don't change... I have seen this a lot with my friends right out of boot camp; they come out looking different no question, but they tell me deep down they are the same. Really what it boils down to is if you come with bad habits, you leave with those habits. The Marine Corps won't turn you into anymore more of a bad ass, more outgoing guy, etc. Three months isn't enough to change nineteen years of habits. They can help suppress the biggies on the outside, but deep down it's still who you are. Some Marines are douche bags, ass holes, and don't deserve the slightest of my respect, just because the way they carry themselves but many, in fact most I have met are deserving of that respect. Mentality is really underrated. My point is that if you can't handle some criticism right now, what will happen at boot camp?

No bro, I was just talking to the Marines about the type of vehicles they have coming to the Corps since we intergrate them at my job. Some how it turned into me bragging them got to the point of I was a *******/****bird/etc. All I did was apologize and left it like that.

I wouldn't ask a question that I know I could search up but when you're just striking some simple convo and someone "thinks/assumes" they don't like you from just a couple minutes of talking is crazy.

I've never called no Marine out of their name or came at them wrong. I'm old enough to know how to respect someone even if it's by their rules but I don't like how you have to treat some of the Marines like Gods.

When I become a Marine and try shooting the breeze with them then I'll probably be considered a boot who doesn't know **** about the Corps then.
    Well obviously, you've got to pay your dues.

There is a sign at the place I take kickboxing at

and it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles097 View Post
    I always knew what I wanted out of the Marine Corps and what I was willing to put in

If you would've said that in the chat you would've gotten teamed up and and eventually just leave.

My Recruiter said he went in giving the Corps 100% but is going to always make his career by having the Corps work for him. Just like any job you'll have, if you put in 100% and show you want to earn more more with more responsibility you'll get it if earn it.

Ok....continue

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Well obviously, you've got to pay your dues.

There is a sign at the place I take kickboxing at

and it is true.

LOL good stuff

Again, bro, I'm 24 years old and have been working for a good amount of years now. I know all about working and earning what you want or need. We need that sign posted around areas so people will get up off that ass and work instead of sucking down unemployment.

If you would've said that in the chat you would've gotten teamed up and and eventually just leave.

My Recruiter said he went in giving the Corps 100% but is going to always make his career by having the Corps work for him. Just like any job you'll have, if you put in 100% and show you want to earn more more with more responsibility you'll get it if earn it.

Ok....continue
    Thats what my recruiter tells me, Im glad I am joining when I am an old man so I have an Idea of what I would like to do in the Corps. Sure the Corps dictates ALOT of what you do, but just like everything else there is a way to work within the system in order to make the system work for you.

My recruiter says this to me why leave the Marines the same way you entered? Leave the Marines better and with more to offer.

You know that sign would go GREAT on a college campus. When I was in college for a semester it wasn't hard at all to find kids who were trust fund babies. Kids that never worked a day in their life. One girl in my history class said she supported the troops, so the professor asked her "in what way?" and she said something about having a bumper sticker on her car. As if that means ****.

Trust me Munky......you would've gotten smoked for that.

Some Poolees get mad when I tell them what the Corps will do to my career in my job field but I'm going to use it and hopefully see a increase in my salary that I would've never seen if I didn't become a Marine but thats only the small portion of my Marine journey.

So you're "old" also huh? Sucks to see some of those kids blowing past you when you first start out but lord knows it will feel good when you blow past them.

Thread Information