Kick my ass - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kick my ass

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Haha yeah really now

OK, Jenny, lots of running and jogging. Can you say "Cardio" ?

Credits
    Savings
    Jenny,
    I was the exact same weight before I shipped. When I got out of PI I was an amazing 140 lbs.
    Same height as you too.
    After three kids and no PTing, I am still under 150!
    You can do it and trust me, your DI's will not let you be overweight.
    Keep up the workout routine, whatever works for you.
    AND STAND WHEN YOU ARE AT THE COMPUTER...You won't want to stay online for a long time!!

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Woman,

You can do anything, ANYTHING. Like Collen said, your DI's will not let you go over in weight. Should that happen, you could be placed in CAS Squad for whatever length of time it took to lose the pound or two to get back into regulations. But the most important thing is to earn the title: United State Marine.

ARE YOU WILLING TO GO TO ANY LENGTH?

You've got the support of two WM's right here.

DO IT!

semper fi
    jchristin

Registered User Free Member USMCguyTX's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

im with doubletaps.....i have lost 12 pounds so far. and im trying to lose every ounce of it.....im not in shape cuase i havent done crap in a year....thanks to college.....now im saying forget what everybody else wanted me to do, so im finaly doing something i have always wanted to do, and thats join the Marines! And im busting my butt trying to get back into shape....my recruitor told me to make it one meal a day for a week and drink nothing but water.....i run 1.5 miles twice a day every other day, crunches, push ups, pull ups, and etc.....do what you have to do and suck it up!!!! And remember pain is just weakness leaving the body!

Credits
    Savings
    Be smart with the workouts. Pain may be weakness leaving the body, but pain is also tellin ya something. Learning to listen to your body will become your finest asset. Be in it for the long-term, not the short-term. If your body feels "hurt-good" you'll know the difference from "hurt-bad." Fast weight lose is just fast weight gain waiting to happen. Do it the right way the first time and it will cut down the percentage rate of returning to redo the exercise over again.

Think I remember my old Senior Drill Instructor, SSGT. Price saying something along those lines...

JUMP
    Go Ahead.

JUMP
    Go on, JUMP

Jump into the pool of life.

He who learns to swim, lives.
    He who drowns, well - better luck next life.

Semper Fi Devil Dogs
    jchristin

Cool ALL UP TO YOU NOW......

Jenny, you have been given very good advise by the Marines in here.......Now it is up to you to follow thru.........If you have it in your Heart and Soul to be a Marine, you will be able to accomplish all your goals to become a United States Marine. Someday we hope to welcome you into the Brotherhood/Sisterhood.

The Drifter

Thanks all! Without going into the details, I just want to say that you've just rebuilt my faith in the goodness of people. THANK YOU for being there when the people I should be closest to try to drag me down. Motivation comes from within, but sometimes we need a nod that tells us we are doing the right thing.

Update! Jake lost 2 lbs as of right now, just from nixing the soda and cutting some fat. I'm not going to weigh myself for another week though. Expect big results next Monday! I'm on a mission.

*high five* THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU AGAIN!

Credits
    Savings

FYI

FROM JCRISTIN
    You can do anything, ANYTHING. Like Collen said, your DI's will not let you go over in weight. Should that happen, you could be placed in CAS Squad for whatever length of time it took to lose the pound or two to get back into regulations. But the most important thing is to earn the title: United State Marine.

Just so you know, I never went to the fatty plattoon! One plattoon 4019 all thru PI!!!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Being a winner is good. (In fact, it's the best.) But in the end, being a winner or a loser doesn't matter. As far as I'm concerned, it's okay to be a loser, just as long as your not a quiter! People lose from time to time. Sometimes that loss comes with dire consiquences. But as long as you gave it your all and never gave up, no one in their right mind will judge you. Sure, winning is better than losing, but is losing better than quiting? I think not.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Alexander,

I agree with your post, EXCEPT, I don't like the term "loser" in the context in which you used it.

Olympic records are set because the achiever tried and failed to attain the next increment.

If he set a new world's record at x, is he a loser because he failed at x+1?

We can't all be world record holders, and sometimes we give up, because that goal seems impossible to achieve.

The journey of a million miles begins one step at a time. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

A more reachable and attainable goal, on a daily basis, is to surpass your personal best.

Remember to take it one bite at a time, otherwise you may get integestion. If you did 14 yesterday, today's goal is 15. Don't try for 18, because 19 tomorrow will be a *****.

One bite, one forward step at a time.

Trying to exceed your personal level of perfection does not make you a loser. Only a quitter is a loser.

A marathon runner who crosses the finish line four hours after the winner and the crowds have gone home is not a loser. He has established a new goal for himself. Next time, to finish ahead of at least one other runner. (and I'll bet he does it.)

Don't you agree?

Credits
    Savings
    Know what's better than winning?

NOTHING.

No losers, just winners.

Yesterday I ran 5 miles on the trend mill, today I did 5.25 miles. Amazing, since I was told I would never run again after being struck by a drunk driver two years ago. Doctor had no ideal who he was talking too. OOOH RAH!

"Trust in God
    Believe in Yourself
    Push beyond your limits,
    push, really push, now push,
    Now push harder!
    Never give up,
    Never Stop,
    Never."

semper fi
    jchristin

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good job JChristin! That's an amazing accomplishment! I had no doubts that Marines are the best, but reading that just confirmed it even more. Wow....

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    awesome, Jenny. I am pumped to see that you're so motivated! I still say you should come out here for a month of hard core-ness!

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Hey..FATSO

Just listening to how you express yourself...I predict you will never become a Boot....once you constantly state, you can't do it...YOU WON'T...as you are programing your brain to fail...it's subliminal programing...you have low self esteem and no self confidence...do yourself a favor and try to join an ARMY of one...this way, your "seat on the bus" will be taken by a far better feather/merchant...let the ARMY of one...see your fat-ass....no loss to the Government!!! :chinese: LtG

Thread Information