Slang List
Create Post

Thread: Slang List

Phoenix Rogue
    Guest Free Member

Post Slang List

Thought it would be nice to bring this here for us "soon to be's" to review.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...&threadid=3891

Kinda seems like it belongs here more than at the "Boot Camp Stories"

Extremely helpful! Everything you need to know plus some.

There might be some stuff posted elsewhere on the site you folks will want to know! LOL

I wondered when someone would say something!

Good eye, Rogue. I bet ktriplett and 22devilpup87 and one or two of the guys are ahead of ya on this!

Concentrate on the guidebook and yer PT, though, ok.

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I agree with wrbones: concentrate on you're knowledge and your PT. The language will come soon enough. However, it is fun to use some of those terms with people who have no idea what they mean. The expression on their faces; it's priceless. For anyone with a mean streak like me, use some of them on your prim and proper grandmother, just watch out for the cane (the cane is a dangerous weapon in my grandmother's hand)!!

Originally posted by ktriplett
    However, it is fun to use some of those terms with people who have no idea what they mean. The expression on their faces; it's priceless.
    Oh yeah! Gotta love it! But I've actually gotten to the point where I have to stop and think really hard before I say something, to make sure it's all Civilianese.

"Where's the head?"
    "Attached to your neck?"

It's always nice to be around Marines, so, if nothing else, I can use all the lingo I picked up from them...

I could not find poggie bait on the list.Have they stopped saying it?
    Jim

Are you referring to "pogey bait"? That's on the list Phoenix Rogue posted, meaning candy (at least according to the list).

Thread Information