Where are all of you? - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC
    I was with 3rd CEB in 87/88 also. Noticed you had been there too. I was with C Co 8th ESB task force Pappa Bear.
    I was there in 88. Mostly with C co. Were you there when we started the newbee swim qualifications between the barracks? Just glad we started it and never had to go through what ever was thrown in there during a 2 day pre-party for it. Oh, Did you go to Team Spirit 88?

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboom1371
    I was there in 88. Mostly with C co. Were you there when we started the newbee swim qualifications between the barracks? Just glad we started it and never had to go through what ever was thrown in there during a 2 day pre-party for it. Oh, Did you go to Team Spirit 88?
    C Co. 3rd CEB Capt Bunting or something like that. We had to restore one of the hills behind Kinville because his former company put an LZ on it by mistake. I remember some names from the company like Hefron and Bruton. Probably spelled wrong but sounds right. Yes I was at Team Spirit 88. Had some of that sand from the steel plant get in my eye. We put up tent city on the dock.

Yes I was at Team Spirit 88. Had some of that sand from the steel plant get in my eye. We put up tent city on the dock.

We took the USS Juneau over there and bailed out the back in tracks, that was cool. did you here about a guy burning down a cemetary over there? That was one of my boys. One of our tracks ran over a civilian truck and we settled with 5 cases of MREs. lol. what a deal. I'm starting to relize why they always sent me and my boys where lead was flying. **** we were hell and a lot of trouble. lmao

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We took the USS Juneau over there and bailed out the back in tracks, that was cool. did you here about a guy burning down a cemetary over there? That was one of my boys. One of our tracks ran over a civilian truck and we settled with 5 cases of MREs. lol. what a deal. I'm starting to relize why they always sent me and my boys where lead was flying. **** we were hell and a lot of trouble. lmao
    I may have been there before you got there. We only stayed about 30 days just to build tent city. I remember a construction shop we built somewhere near the steel plant. Man did I ever get messed up there. I begged the Gunny to put my travel check in the company safe. Spent every dime in Korea.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Looks like I got off the subject a bit. Now back to the desert....

Where were you when the cease fire started? I was at an airfield just inside Kuwait. We had been moving too fast and had to pause for a few. A few hours later it was over.

we were probably close to each other. we paused at Al Jabar air field for a little bit and was going to Kuwait City when cease fire was called.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    we were probably close to each other. we paused at Al Jabar air field for a little bit and was going to Kuwait City when cease fire was called.
    I'd say closer than you think. What company were you in? My unit moved back to the minefields and stayed there for awhile before moving back to the first big supply point. Then back to the port to run the wash points.

I was with 1st CEB C company. We were so spread out among the Task Forces. I was with all of them at one point or another there. We just bounced around from place to place. Pretty much on our own to go where ever someone called for an Engineer. If they needed something destroyed fast with some demo we were there quick. Can't remember who we were with but, we were the first ones to breech the minefields the day before the war was really suppose to start. The next morning we were already through the belts and got caught by friendly fire from Task Force Ripper. whick took out our Track with three line charges on board.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was with 1st CEB C company. We were so spread out among the Task Forces. I was with all of them at one point or another there. We just bounced around from place to place. Pretty much on our own to go where ever someone called for an Engineer. If they needed something destroyed fast with some demo we were there quick. Can't remember who we were with but, we were the first ones to breech the minefields the day before the war was really suppose to start. The next morning we were already through the belts and got caught by friendly fire from Task Force Ripper. whick took out our Track with three line charges on board.
    I remember that! We did the second breach and maintained after. There was a track in the mine field, second belt I believe, but it looked like it had hit a mine.

I would say that was it! Ripper took that one out for us. There should have been a lot of gear laying around maybe 50 yards northeast of the track. Once we pulled the trackers out we high tailed it out of there. We ditched a lot of unwanted and useless gear there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would say that was it! Ripper took that one out for us. There should have been a lot of gear laying around maybe 50 yards northeast of the track. Once we pulled the trackers out we high tailed it out of there. We ditched a lot of unwanted and useless gear there.
    Seemed to be a lot of gear left around it. Lucky no one stepped on an AP mine. I was next to a guy that was just inches away from stepping on one.

Quote Originally Posted by dingman
    What party are you talking about, I was with MWSS273 we Started at Jabal THen Mishab then Lonesome Dove then off to many different FARPS. I was in both of the large ammo dumps and went Thru kafji and on into Kuwait airport. And I never once seen any party. Did Fly back to Camp5 for a few hours for (parts,ha ha). I still have troubles with load sudden noices and nightmares, but who said memories need to be bad. Also is there anyone out there who remebers the Frog missles at Mishab waterpoint.

Semper Fi
    Jim Dingman
    I remember, most times I hear the word "Frog" or "Styx" I find myself back at Mishab re-living it for a brief moment. The first night that they hit was a shocker, I just remember being ****ed off. One of the last salvos that hit during those weeks, we had dirt hitting us as we're running to the bunkers. It sucked to sit there a take it, I wanted to bring the fight to them. Also enjoyed watching the Saudis move south after the first rockets hit. I was with MATCS-28, I have to scan all the photos and post them up.

Seemed to be a lot of gear left around it. Lucky no one stepped on an AP mine. I was next to a guy that was just inches away from stepping on one.
    the round hit through the hull and into the motor missed the charges and did not detonate them. Lucky boys. We yanked them out and took them with us. That would be their gear left by the tracks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My unit stayed in the area for 30 days after pulling back from the airfield. There was an Abrams that hit a mine in the same belt I think. One morning a Hummer with a high ranking officer came up to the lane before we had checked it as was our daily routine. He was told he should wait but went ahead. The Hummer hit a mine and blew the whole back out of it. Not sure if they where hurt bad.

Scud Bowl

2d LAAM Bn., Scud Bowl, and all over the place. Please excuse the "Ooppps" missile launched in Bahrain. Oh, yes, I remember, never happened.

Thread Information