Where are all of you? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoG
    Yea I had and still have sleep problems since my return. Some due to bad dreams/memories, other due to sleep apnea.(breathing disoerder).
    Welcome Home
    Just went to the heart doctor the other day due to some strange feelings in my chest area and skipping beat. Seemed fine during the checkup but have been ordered to do some testing. One of them is a sleep study. I my have apnea too. My matress is usually 4 inches left or right of center by morning due to the tossing and turning.

I was with 11th Mar, Radar Plt. I thought it sucked at the time but it was really one of the best tours I ever had. Had a great team and we were pretty close. We lost one Marine KIA, Sgt Pack, and one WIA, Cpl Collins.
    When I got back I had the screaming wild banchie ****s for about two years. Navy witch doctors wouldn't do nothing for me. Finnally went on recruiting duty and went to an Air Force Hospital, Told them my problem and they sent me to the "fifth" floor. I reckon that was where they sent all the Gulf veterans that claimed problems. They ran about three million tests. Then prescribed a bottle of antibiotics and the shrimpies were gone forever. Kind of a ****ty story but that was all i got from the sandbox.

Desert Shield/Storm

I was with Task Force Ripper (1/5), We left the Jungles of Panama, onlt to turn around 12 hours later to end up in Saudi. and like others we were there within days of the invasion of Kuwait.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Echo7 I would like to add that within 30 days of our return we were sent to Oki for 4 months

Yep, you are absolutely correct, so how did the rest of your time in OKI come out anyway?, By the way it's good to hear from some that's been there and done that, did you keep up with your military Rodeo interest?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    to all my brother marines,from WWI and earlier to WWII korea viet nam desert storm/desert shield Iraq, afgan .Iam proud to have been part of the best that ever is and always will be.Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jim
    to all my brother marines,from WWI and earlier to WWII korea viet nam desert storm/desert shield Iraq, afgan .Iam proud to have been part of the best that ever is and always will be.Semper Fi
    Not have been...Once a Marine Always a Marine....If it's in your heart you still are.

Semper Fi!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    how true SgtHhopperUSMC.its on my motorcycle,its on my truck.its on my wifes car.its on my son truck.it is in my heart as well,i still live by the marine corps creed every day,the stars and stripes that fly on my deck with the Marine corps flag.i still live,breath,eat and sleep at attention.Sir Yes Sir.Semper Fi to all my brothers

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC
    Not have been...Once a Marine Always a Marine....If it's in your heart you still are.

Semper Fi!!
    it on all my cars also.

Absolutely. I have it on our vehicles, the flags fly proud, it's all over my garage and of course it wouldn't be complete without my love me wall in the office. LOL. Not to mention that most t-shirts I own have something to do with the Corps. Get some!

MAG-11, VMFA-314 "BLACK KNIGHTS"
    We were at Shiek Isa (We called it Shakys Pizza) in Bahrain.
    Just one scud hit, scorpions, and lots of lost sleep. I had a "pet" scorpion until the SgtMaj made me kill it.

I was with HMLA-367 "Scarface" for the 90/91 Gulf War. I spent time at Jubail and Tanajib airfields. I am pretty sure Camp 5 was the Olympic pool. What was the camp on the persian gulf. We went swimming there. The water was so salty you could just about lay into it and float. Then there were the fish that bit at your legs. Anyone try to map out your camps in Google Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by gwladgarwr
    Anyone here know a Cpl Timothy Romei? I went to junior high school with him in Oakland, CA. He joined out of San Francisco in 1986 or 1987.

He went MIA on Oct 8, 1990 during Desert Shield in the Gulf near Oman and Saudi Arabia (over water). He was aboard one of two UH1N
    helicopters from HMM 164 embarked on the USS OKINAWA for an at-sea NVG
    training operation off the coast of Oman. The two helicopters disappeared from radar and failed to respond to radio calls during the training mission. No wreckage or remains were ever recovered.

His status was changed from MIA to KIA/BNR in 2002.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sgt gw
    I am not sure how this post works but in reply to "gwladgarwr" post about Cpl Timothy Romei. He was flying with HMLA-267 (w/HMM-164). A/C 160622 collided with 160178 Oct 8, 1990. Cpl Romei was flying with LCpl T Adams, Sgt J. Kilkus, Sgt John Keller, Capt W. Cronin, Capt G. Dillon, Capt K. Dolvin, Capt W. Hurley. Once I read your post I was scratching my head because I don't remember hearing of that accident. Obviously, I don't know everytime an aircraft goes down but HMLA-267 was a sister squadron at Camp Pendleton. My squadron shared the line in saudi Arabia with HMLA-369. Word usually goes out across the squadrons when a skid goes down. So I did some research on it and that was all I could come up with. If that helps you any. I don't know anything more.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgofstr
    I was with HMLA-367 "Scarface" for the 90/91 Gulf War. I spent time at Jubail and Tanajib airfields. I am pretty sure Camp 5 was the Olympic pool. What was the camp on the persian gulf. We went swimming there. The water was so salty you could just about lay into it and float. Then there were the fish that bit at your legs. Anyone try to map out your camps in Google Earth?
    I tried to look for the ammo supply points that we built. I believe I can make out the outline of one of them. They were the largest ever built at that time and probably still are.

I have always been in flying squadrons but never really flew much, especially during the gulf war. I only flew out to repair downed aircraft. Anyhow, It surprised the heck out of me when I found Tanajib on the map and it was nearly a stones through from the lace>Persian Gulflace>. I was doing security duty at that time, riding hummers and 5 tons with machine guns. I just kind of imagined that we were out in the absolute middle of the desert. Looking out into that mess of desert smoke and haze you couldn't tell what was desert and sky. Of course I could have asked if the ocean was over there but why would I if I thought I was out in the middle of no where.

Thread Information