Where are all of you? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I was with VMA-214 Blacksheep, at the SCUD BOWL. I was NCOIC of the 3rd MAW FWD. I did some time at Tustin before going to Yuma. Spent time with HMM-164, HMM-161, HMH-363, MABS-16 & H&MS-16. Anyone out there???

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes it seems our war vets ( Desert Shield/Storm ) are a quiet bunch....It's too bad. Could it be that our short ground war seems so insignificant now? We did so much in so little time. The so called clean war on CNN. It was more like watching a video game I suppose. Except the Highway of death they showed. That is when they wanted us to stop.

hey any of you guys ever have camel spiders vs. scorpion fights? over there
    i lost a lot of money on those.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC
    I have noticed that no one puts much here. So where are all of the Desert Shield/Storm Marines?

2nd Plt "C" Co. 8th ESB 2nd FSSG 1st MEF Task Force Papa Bear
    Oops I mean II MEF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark king
    Nope but saw one big ol lizard and a bunch of Desert Rats or Mice

those kangaroo rats were a pain the azz.

Heres another Desert Strom Vet !st Bn 3rd MAr there 90/91. Had no party after the either. Cpl Gualco

Quote Originally Posted by mark king

That would have been awesome to see! I hated them both.

Yeah, I would say that next to the Nam vets and the guys that are getting some now, the Desert Shield/Desert Storm thing doesn't seem to be that much. I was at the Battle of Khafji and I can guarantee it was something to me though. I was also in Somalia and Hattie but still doesn't seem like I did enough and I'm sure that many of the Desert Shield/Desert Storm vets feel the same way.

camel spider vs scorpion was way better than scorpion on scorpion.

i kind of feel empy,we didnt really get to finish the war in my oppion,if they would let them do what they really need to do in iraq to stomp out this insurgence and stop being so p f@#ken c it would be done.they let us do our job and stayed out of it,(the dorks in washington) and we smashed them in 100 hrs.and we didnt let any media with us to get in our way.

I am 100% with ya on that one. At that time we knew where Sadam was and we could've taken care of that back then. Hell, I remember even after that he would screw up our liberty constantly because it would always seem to be on Friday right before liberty that he would pull his tanks up to the border or do some stupid **** and we would secured and have to gear up only for him to back down around Monday or early next week. We REALLY wished we had've taken him out previously. LOL.

Semper Fi, I was bobbing around the gulf for the whole thing. Praying that I could get off of the boat for a while.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by redbone64
    Semper Fi, I was bobbing around the gulf for the whole thing. Praying that I could get off of the boat for a while.
    Thanks for keeping those many many divisions busy on the coast. Was it 11 or so? Either way you guys on the boats did a great job. I was clearing the mine fields. They told us in a breifing to expect 50% casualties. We only had 1 in my company and he shot himself.

HQBN Comm Co, 2d MarDiv...

In response to an earlier inquiry->15 was not the one with the pool... I think that was Camp Five. We were on 15 prior to and afterwards.

I hope that all you LeatherNuts aren't complaining that we think that war wasn't a war! A war is a WAR whether it last one day or 20 ****ing years, and if anyone thinks that any small scaled war or scurmish is just a souped up video game is a ****ing retard! Don't ever think that any MARINE or any service member is forgotten for what they have done. Don't ever think that what you did wasn't enough, just being a Marine is enough!!!

Remember Semper Fi !!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by danjate1
    I hope that all you LeatherNuts aren't complaining that we think that war wasn't a war! A war is a WAR whether it last one day or 20 ****ing years, and if anyone thinks that any small scaled war or scurmish is just a souped up video game is a ****ing retard! Don't ever think that any MARINE or any service member is forgotten for what they have done. Don't ever think that what you did wasn't enough, just being a Marine is enough!!!

Remember Semper Fi !!!
    I believe some of us were just stating feelings that we can not talk to anyone else about. If a guy says he feels like we didnt do enough to stop it then thats his feelings. We did all we were asked to do. The plan was free Kuwait... We did it... It was not a game. An old vet asked me once if I saw the white elephant. Did you? The night before the fight is always the same no matter what the war. Same gut wrenching feelings/excitement. Same letters being written. It looked like Hell on the horizon. We made it through. Some had it worse than others. We did it together. It was well planned and led by some great leaders.

Thread Information