Where are all of you? - Page 17
Create Post
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tatrott View Post
    Hey Devil Dogs, I was a Lance Corporal when deployed to Desert Shield and Storm. My Unit 1st BN 8th Marines 2nd MARDIV. I remember Camp 15 very well. Its nice to
    hear from some Desert Storm Marines. OORAH!
    From tatrott
    Hey Devil Dog, I was Wpns Plt A Co 1/8. Who were you with?

Spent some R&R at camp 15, Wish I could find the tape I made at camp 15 for my wife. Back then we didn't have E-Mail, and what few phones we had were busy (When they were turned on), so Camp 15 was a nice break.

This thread is about Hall 15" as we called it? It was an awesome break but rarely occurred. I actually remember the last time our unit A weapons company got to go there to rest up after months on the front lines babysitting the tankers our moronic LT thought it would be an excellent time to conduct a junk on the bunk" set up and inspection. Then he volunteered us for actual perimeter security and front gate security while everyone else got to take hot showers use actual private stalls versus squatting out in the desert on a half opened e"tool and dodging "dung beetles" and call their loved one's on the pay phones, eat hot chow and go to the movie shed and watch video's. Moments like that were just a few "gem" experiences that in the end helped me decide to get out versus reenlistment and I loved the corps. There were so many great leaders it only took one or two moronic LT's to make me realize how you put your life in others hands you roll the dice because of all the great one's you might end up with a moron like I had. No names, just venting because it changed the course of my life. One moron Lt in Heavy Guns split our platoon up to scatter us to unfamiliar line companies despite over a year of cohesion through actual desert training together in the stumps and another one who people laughed at mockingly to his face as he had Marines that had such lack of respect for him that they volunteered to burn feces rather than sit in one of his school circle classes and he rewarded his troops by having "junk on the bunk inspections" at a long awaited hall 15 visit and making them stand post relieving pogues who lived there during the whole conflict. Hall 15, yeah Semper Fi....

After a full day at work, I reflected on my previous post and didn't wan't to sound all bitter because I did and do love the Corps. Just like two guys i can't get past forgiving and they were both LT's...Semper Fi to you all and hope life brings you happiness.

hey how about the people that were with E-2-5 in the Korean war or i am the only one left

&th Eng Support Battalion

I was with 7th Eng Support Battalion, Charlie Company.. I was a 1371 Combat Engineer.. We went to Saudi in early Aug. We flew in on a commerical jet with M-16 locked and loaded.. Upon arriving we were move to the dock and lived in the warehouses there.. Our company build inbound camps to recieve the military personnel coming in.. We built more strong backs than I can count.. In one area we accually poured thin concrete foundation and then built the strong backs on top of the slabs.. I believe we poured a couple of hundred slabs in that area.. Don't remember the exact number.. It was a lot.. We bounced from place to place building inbound staging camps.. Once that was completed they had go out in the desert and built camps along the border of Kuwait.. We built about 4 or 5 before the ground war started.. Once we went into Kuwait we cleared paths through the mine fields and put up barbed wire to mark the path.. Once passed the second of mine field we went to the air port.. I was there from Aug 1990 to April 1991..

I was with 2/4 Echo Company Weapons Platoon, detached to 3rd Platoon. We were ship out on December 27th and came back May 15th. We were kinda busy before that at Liberia evacuating, and pulling gaurd duty trying to protect the innocent. I do remember Camp 15, we played alot of hacky sack there before we shipped out with the AAV's to move toward the front lines. We did get into a few firefights tho. Anyways, Semper Fi Desert Storm Vets!

And are any of you gulf war vets having problems with any health issues? I have myofascial pain syndrome, severe ptsd, short and long term memory loss, and lord knows what else. Just wondering. Its hard for me to walk some days. I'm at 60% VA disability and just got approved from Social Security. I'm glad that fight is over. Now if the VA would jump on board, I think my family and I will be alright.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    After nearly an hour drive to work I get out of the car and pretty stiff and sore. Get walking and turn on the wheels and move around and it goes away. There is a very good chance that I have fibromyalgia but I prefer to work. I would go freakin nuts if I didn't have a job.

Some of those shots and chit they gave us no telling what the future of health holds. God willing I'm just fine.

I loved my job. The people I worked with were awesome. But when I got home from work, and try to lay down and sleep, my lower half of my body would just hurt like he!!. I would cry because it hurt so bad. I tried to go back to work but my body wouldn't let me. I miss my job. I understand what you're saying. I used to drive a truck from Charlotte to Greensboro twice a night. And I loved it. Now when I go see my parents in China Grove( from Belmont, NC) its hard to get out of the car because I hurt so bad. I know how you feel on that. Semper Fi!

returning marine

Quote Originally Posted by cpl3531 View Post
    sgt hopper i was with motor t ops platoon support company 8th esb at the time. we were split up between the letter companies at the time,dont remember which one i went to but we had gunner leo as a plt commander the best i remember. during desert shield/storm we were onboard the USS Trenton(LPD 14).good to find brother marines from 8th esb. here are a couple of other sites you may want to check out to see if you can find any more brother marines that you served with.

www.*********************

www.*************
    i had forgotten all about being a member of this site until finding this thread then it hit me "dumbass you already had a membership here". anyways as stated before parent company was engineer support company, motor transport ops platoon, attached to "A" Company, motor transport ops platoon to go TAD with BSSG-4 aboard the USS TRENTON (LPD-14)

Alpha 1/1 Wpns. Plt. 88-92 Task Force Papa Bear reporting in.

Semper Fi Marines

Richard Elliot

Hi,

I have no idea how I stumbled upon your posting about Richard Elliot, but it just goes to show how small the world really is. Richard was in 2nd platoon, 3d Tank Battalion at the same time that I was.

In your posting, you made reference to LCpl. Doucet. His name is Richard Doucet.

If you have any further question about anything pertaining to our service in Saudi Arabia, maybe I can help.

Elliot's Platoon Leader was Paul Isherwood: paulish@stanfordalumni.org

His former Company Commander was Obrene Newman: onewman1@msn.com

The company commander during Operation Desert Storm was James L. Gough.

Take care,

Cpl. Daniel Herrera

I was in "E" 2/7 Task Force Grizzly Thread had went a little dead, wanted to get it back up.

3-3 task force Taro

Quote Originally Posted by sgtwagner View Post
    India Co 3/3. We got off of the MPS ships and baked in the warehouses and provided port security until we were moved north to the desert. we dug in and when I say dug in, i mean dug to china. The hole were huge, the sand was fighting us the whole time. The hole was bigger around than it was deep.We then moved to a quarry, dont know where it was just know that it was near the main north/south road. While there we lived in the GP tents but on the dirt, no creature features.Then we move up near Kafji. There we were in GP and damn if it wasnt fun to be rocketed!! Not!All in All, spent about 8 months in the desert. 3 days R&R in the rear in GP tents with a PX, that got cut short to have some live firex, was fun to compete against other platoons. 3rd herd rulez!
    I was with H&S co Motor T......

Thread Information