Where are all of you? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I guess that I am the senior man on deck, however I was a Cpl during the gulf war, deployed with BGen C.C. Krulak, I was with the DSC, G-3 Operations, 2d FSSG, II MEF, Al Khandjar, Al Kibrit, Al Mishab!

Semper Fi my Brothers
    Maurice

checking in.

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgtt32
    I guess that I am the senior man on deck, however I was a Cpl during the gulf war, deployed with BGen C.C. Krulak, I was with the DSC, G-3 Operations, 2d FSSG, II MEF, Al Khandjar, Al Kibrit, Al Mishab!

Semper Fi my Brothers
    Maurice
    2nd Plt."C" Co. 8th ESB 2nd FSSG, Col. Skipper "Skippers way or no way " I think GGen Krulack was my series Captain in Boot Camp...

Yea I remember Col Skipper, I always thought it was funny that his initals were C.O., and can you imaigine the kind of Sh-t he caught when he was a Capt, (Skipper-Skipper) LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC
    I believe some of us were just stating feelings that we can not talk to anyone else about. If a guy says he feels like we didnt do enough to stop it then thats his feelings. We did all we were asked to do. The plan was free Kuwait... We did it... It was not a game. An old vet asked me once if I saw the white elephant. Did you? The night before the fight is always the same no matter what the war. Same gut wrenching feelings/excitement. Same letters being written. It looked like Hell on the horizon. We made it through. Some had it worse than others. We did it together. It was well planned and led by some great leaders.

Amen to that.

Your right, we did are job while we were there. Yet, when I got on that plane to leave, I was thinking to myself we still had more to do.
    Seems like the job will be carried on by more Marines.

Ooorah!!

Hey guys! new to the board. I was with 1st bat. 5th Marines from Pendleton. Got to mop up the lovely Highway of Death. Used to have some pretty gruesome pics but had to get rid of them when i started a family. Did'nt want the kids to stumble on em. Plus it helped get rid of bad memories. Anybody have sleeping problems when you got back? Just wondering. Anyway, stay safe and good chattin with yall.

I was there sounds like you all had way more fun than I

I am not sure if you mean just adjusting your sleep pattern problems or due to actual memories sleeping problems but I had both. That's where it all started and then I added to those sleeping problems throughout my career and still have them to this day, just not as often as before.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLGRAY90-94
    Hey guys! new to the board. I was with 1st bat. 5th Marines from Pendleton. Got to mop up the lovely Highway of Death. Used to have some pretty gruesome pics but had to get rid of them when i started a family. Did'nt want the kids to stumble on em. Plus it helped get rid of bad memories. Anybody have sleeping problems when you got back? Just wondering. Anyway, stay safe and good chattin with yall.
    I was a bit jumpy at loud noises at first but that went away. Still have trouble sleeping, no nightmares though. I am rated 20% disabled due to undiagnosed skin disorder and psoriosis (I'm sure I misspelled that).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Are there any web sites for Persian Gulf vets?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLGRAY90-94
    I used to know a Cpl Gray from 1/5. The one I knew transferred with his Navy wife to Guam. You ever heard of him?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool

WELCOME HOME MARINES~DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Yea I had and still have sleep problems since my return. Some due to bad dreams/memories, other due to sleep apnea.(breathing disoerder).
    Welcome Home

i was with 81's plt wpns co blt 1/8, we were the right flank for the 2nd mar. div. breeching and designated to clear kuwait city,had heavy contact at phase line "bear"

why i don't come hear

wha wha wha, where do you have sand

[Originally Posted by bigalholmes165

Excellent tribute.

Except for 'ferg81mm', the rest of the viewers have been of the +50 crowd.

We need more of the younger set to read this.

Thanks Jim.

so what exactly do you mean except for me, that websight is the active duty first blt eighth marines web sight, and it just shows that the active duty keeps that attack in mind everywhere they go. I joined the blt four years and three weeks after the attack, and when the blt was in kuwait, that attack played heavily on what that blt did after the cease fire.
    I was simply showing a related link]

Thread Information