Where are all of you?
Create Post
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Where are all of you?

I have noticed that no one puts much here. So where are all of the Desert Shield/Storm Marines?

2nd Plt "C" Co. 8th ESB 2nd FSSG 1st MEF Task Force Papa Bear

Hey Devil Dog Here Is A Desert Storm Vet From 2nd Aav Bn And Just So U Know I Was Really There Do U Remember Camp 15 Or The Big Party After The War Like In The Movie Jarhead

Hey To All U Aav Devil Dogs This Is Lcpl Whitfield Aka Peewee Saying What's Up From Atl Ga C/o 90 From Pi YOU CAN REACH ME WHITFIELDDARRIAN@YAHOO.COM OORAH

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Did not get to party much. My unit had to run the wash points while everyone else was heading home. I saw a lot of "AAV's", Tanks etc. get washed. Was camp 15 the one that had the olympic size swimming pools? I went to it once before the ground war started. I also was the NCOIC of the AT&T call center for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by WHITFIELDAAV
    Hey Devil Dog Here Is A Desert Storm Vet From 2nd Aav Bn And Just So U Know I Was Really There Do U Remember Camp 15 Or The Big Party After The War Like In The Movie Jarhead

i dont remember a big party at the end of the ground war.we didnt have one.

Yeah, we didn't have one either but I was in Tanks then and thanks for the wash there SgtHopper. LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickmarine
    Yeah, we didn't have one either but I was in Tanks then and thanks for the wash there SgtHopper. LOL
    I remember one tank unit getting their tanks nice and clean...Could'nt even have so much as a grain of sand on it. Well funny thing is they parked the just washed tanks on a sand parking lot at the port.... Yep they came back to the wash point.

Hey all, Just making a quick stop here to report in. I was with 2nd Bn. 7th Marines, 1st Mar Div out of the friggin' stumps when we got called to serve in earnest for the GUlf War. We were in country 8 days after Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait! The first couple of nights we slept under the stars hugging our weapons harder than any woman we have ever had!! OOH RAH!!

I don't think we ever totally got all that sand out. I Know I probably still have some freakin' somewhere on me too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by maverickmarine
    I don't think we ever totally got all that sand out. I Know I probably still have some freakin' somewhere on me too. LOL
    isnt that the truth

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Question Anyone here know a Cpl Timothy Romei?

Anyone here know a Cpl Timothy Romei? I went to junior high school with him in Oakland, CA. He joined out of San Francisco in 1986 or 1987.

He went MIA on Oct 8, 1990 during Desert Shield in the Gulf near Oman and Saudi Arabia (over water). He was aboard one of two UH1N
    helicopters from HMM 164 embarked on the USS OKINAWA for an at-sea NVG
    training operation off the coast of Oman. The two helicopters disappeared from radar and failed to respond to radio calls during the training mission. No wreckage or remains were ever recovered.

His status was changed from MIA to KIA/BNR in 2002.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sgt gw

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Anyone remember the two ammo supply points? They were the largest ever constructed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gwladgarwr
    Anyone here know a Cpl Timothy Romei? I went to junior high school with him in Oakland, CA. He joined out of San Francisco in 1986 or 1987.

He went MIA on Oct 8, 1990 during Desert Shield in the Gulf near Oman and Saudi Arabia (over water). He was aboard one of two UH1N
    helicopters from HMM 164 embarked on the USS OKINAWA for an at-sea NVG
    training operation off the coast of Oman. The two helicopters disappeared from radar and failed to respond to radio calls during the training mission. No wreckage or remains were ever recovered.

His status was changed from MIA to KIA/BNR in 2002.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sgt gw
    no sir

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC
    Anyone remember the two ammo supply points? They were the largest ever constructed at the time.
    no i didnt see sh!t, but some goats and camels we were in the damn desert the whole time. i wish i did.

i am just tring to keep this thread going. there dosnt seem to be many gulf war marines out there.

Thread Information