Where are all of you? - Page 15
Create Post
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    I was with 2/7 during the Gulf War. I was in E Co, 2 Plt. I was the Pointman for Task Force Grizzly going into Kuwait.

1st Motor Transport Bn 1st Mef At Al Jbail

1st MEF Al Jubail

Hello Doc...Seabee here!

"CORPSMAN !"
    I need to ask you a couple of questions about 1st MEF Motor Transport Battalion at Al Jubail in Saudi, and I am asking you to call me. Please, phone me ASAP, at home: 816-358-7765. You can call me collect and I will accept the charges.
    I'd like to ask about 1st Motor T and the 1st MEF Marine Corps Hospital #1 at Al Jubail, and some of the injured patients who were Med-Evaced (transported) to Fleet 5 Hospital (to the pear in Al Jubail) after MARCORPSHOSP 1 closed in January 1991.
    I'm hoping you can help fill in some blanks for me. Doc...this is very important to me, so please call anytime after 18:00 hrs, central time. I would appreciate hearing back from you soon.

Semper Fi

Seabee

Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    1st Motor Transport Bn 1st Mef At Al Jbail

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EO-3 George Ker View Post
    Hello Doc...Seabee here!

"CORPSMAN !"
    I need to ask you a couple of questions about 1st MEF Motor Transport Battalion at Al Jubail in Saudi, and I am asking you to call me. Please, phone me ASAP, at home: 816-358-7765. You can call me collect and I will accept the charges.
    I'd like to ask about 1st Motor T and the 1st MEF Marine Corps Hospital #1 at Al Jubail, and some of the injured patients who were Med-Evaced (transported) to Fleet 5 Hospital (to the pear in Al Jubail) after MARCORPSHOSP 1 closed in January 1991.
    I'm hoping you can help fill in some blanks for me. Doc...this is very important to me, so please call anytime after 18:00 hrs, central time. I would appreciate hearing back from you soon.

Semper Fi

Seabee
    I just Read your Website George.
    I hope you can find someone to support your VA Claim.
    Looks like your doing Alot of Research and Fact Finding.

Good Health and Good Luck to you Seabee.

Very sorry to hear about Gene's illness. Buster was my CO as well, I am sure he sent a powerful response. As to daily life, It was dirty, fly infested beyond comprehension, I still remember with pain the conditions we lived in. We were filthy, water for showers rare. Water for drinking hyper chlrinated. There were multiple exposures from our personal compasses, our armor, and our munitions to radioactivity. Almost every member in 3 tks took a toxic combo of NAP, Anthrax and Botchilism Toxoid and Burning oil fields could have plaid a part in some illnesses as well. We all served with pride. I do beleive that your husbands illness is more likely than not related to his service, which is the standard that should be used to base claims decisions. If he is still available, Thank him for me. God Bless and good luck. P.S. Most of us played Spades(cards) in the months waiting for battle.

I asked the 2nd Louie in charge of our security detail why we couldn't get drinking water in the plastic bottles.He said the Col in command of our area said it was for emergency only.I took my truck down to Log Base Bastone and filled it up with good drinking water.A staff seargent with a POL unit took a six-bye down the next day.Emergency BS from the brass.

Right I forgot about the Chlorine loaded water, that was something.

2d, 3d LAAM

Quote Originally Posted by DocSeemann View Post
    I'm a Navy Corpsman and was with 3rd LAAM BN B Batty. Started off on a LST (LST 1192) before being dropped off in country at the Scud Bowl. We moved north to two differant locations. Don't remember exactly what we were near when, but I do remember being near the boarder and providing air defense to the division marines in the area.
    I remember when 3d LAAM arrived at the Scud Bowl. I was a radio technician with 2d LAAM H&S Battery Comm Platoon at the Scud Bowl. I knew Chuck Dudly with 3d LAAM and remember when you guys arrived.

Scuds -N- Suds

Quote Originally Posted by MandoV View Post
    Served my time at the bowl..7 months of fighting flys, smoking beedies, eatin camel stew and sweatin like slave...remember suds and scuds...they I get it backwards...I'm here in Cali where I am from.
    I was with 2d LAAM Bn H&S Battery Comm Platoon. We set up and ran "Scuds -N- Suds" as we could. GySgt Mike Bullock did most of the work there and I ran most of the Comm Maintenance side. I pulled out my cruise book and there is a picture of the big plywood sign. Ah memories . . . .

did you go to golf co and have a roomate molinar.....moe? if its you......its me moe!!

Tim was my roommate in the 22 area of camp pendleton. He enlisted just before I did, probably early 1987. We were in the same unit and became friends, he was a good man and a real good marine.

Goodmorning Devil Dogs, I was with HMLA 367 Scarface. We stationed at Prince Fahd's Airport and then moved up to Jubail. I agree with alot of the opinions about them not letting us finish. I swear I said we would be back within 15 yrs and here we have it. If they would've just turned the camera's off and let us do what we do best, Kick Ass, alot of our brothers and sisters would not of lost theirs lives. Even though we were AirWing, and yes, we know what ya'll think about us, we still had some crappy conditions as well. My breathing is Frakked up and am told I should've quit smoking long ago. Hell, I have never smoked and don't plan on it! If any other Scarface Marines show up please email me at silverstang91@hotmail.com, until then
    Semper Fi!!

Guys I served with the Army and was fortunate enough to be part of a unit that played a major role. I was with the 2nd Armored div(fwd) out of Garlstedt, Germany. I was with 4/3 FA. We fired around 8,000 rounds out there. We got to the front early and we were part of the 1st Infantry div because we were only brigade sized. We were considered their third brigade out there. We helped breach the berm and some amazing tank battles broke out around us. One tank was destroyed just twenty feet from where I was standing. We also took some mortar fire and had some skirmishes with Republican guard infantry as I was on a recon team. Five M1 tanks that were damaged were from our division and we also lost several Bradley fighting vehicles. The Republican guard had some RPG teams that hit some of them in the engine. We started firing rounds 21 days before the major ground assualt. We went six weeks without a bath or shower and had very little food. We were call Task Force Iron. We drove into our target areas and there was nothing but burning armor and corpses. There were some wild dogs feeding on them.

I was the Senior Hospital Corpsman for 3rd Tank T.O.W. I am sorry to hear about your husbands medical situation. If you have anymore specific questions about what we the Medical Personnel incountered and documented please contact me @ 262-455-5930. "A Marine is down, the Corpsman will be up" Semper Fi.

3rd Tank Bn. BAS.

Quote Originally Posted by mkbower View Post
    I responded to you by email earlier today but in the meantime I spoke with Mike Bolin who was in same platoon. He told me some stories and we ended up talking for a couple hours. Let me know if you want his phone number or email.
    I was the Senior Hospital Corpsman for 3rd Tank T.O.W. I am sorry to hear about your husbands medical situation. If you have anymore specific questions about what we the Medical Personnel incountered and documented please contact me @ 262-455-5930. "A Marine is down, the Corpsman will be up" Semper Fi.

Thread Information