Podge Overbury
Create Post

Thread: Podge Overbury

Credits
    Savings

Podge Overbury

Podge was the First Drill (Senior Drill Instructor) of the Commando Training Centre. He knew 3badgemarine (JR) for many years, and got him his most prestigious occupation, Brigade Postman at Nissoon Bks, Singapore.
    3BM was responsible for the gash truck at the Commando Training Centre, Lympstone, England, and was inspecting the contents of this excellent vehicle, when Podge was marching a recruit troop along the main drag. Podge halted the squad, pointed at 3BM with his pace stick and said "If you don't listen to me, this is how you will turn out in life!" Much to 3BMs chagrin.

Podge became the Sgt Major of the Commando School, and during his first days in charge was approached by 3BM for his donation to the Coffee Boat. Podge explained that he drank neither Tea, nor Coffee, but this didn't dissuade our JR who insisted that Podge pay up. (The power of no rank to lose)
    So Podge paid. He then arranged for a couple of broken recruits to collect all the empty beer and coke bottles they could find. This sent JR into a frenzy as this was how he supplemented his income, collecting the bottles and returning them to the NAAFI (PX) to collect a refund. He was quietly informed that if he wanted the perk back, then the Company Sgt Major did not pay for Tea and Coffee. Podge still doesn't drink tea or coffee to this day.

No one does one-upmanship better then the Brits! LOL

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    The American tourist stood staring at the highland
    sentry standing guard outside Edinburgh Castle.

After a few minutes she went up to the sentry and
    asked "I've always wanted to find out what's worn
    under the kilt."

The sentry replied: "There is nothing worn, Ma'am, its
    all in perfect working order."

Rob Perry,
    I was wondering if you had ever been to the Union Jack in Hong Kong. At least that is what I think the name was. I ran into some Brit Marines there and they took me to the place and taught me the finer points about RUM. Things got rather blurry from then on. Just wondering if I even had the name of the place right.

Credits
    Savings
    http://www.100megspopup.com/rockettower/BHR_Navigation_Page/BHR_Opening_Page.html

NEWB, the link will take you to the Homepage of the establishment you were probably taken to. The one and only China Fleet Club. If you trembled when reading that then I must be right. American Marines and Sailors were often taken there for re-education in the finer arts; and occasionally a tattoo as a keepsake! Glad you enjoyed the experience, it's a once in a lifetime thing for many people, and a once in a lunchtime thing for those posted there, how they ever did any work is beyond me.

Thread Information