Pre Dive Training
Create Post

Pre Dive Training

Can anyone tell me more about Force Recon Pre Dive training that my son is currently going through in Okinawa, Japan. I get the impression that the training pushes them beyound most boundaries of physical endurance.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool

FOR BREAKFAST~THEY EAT~(SEAL'S) SEMPER~FORCE

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Dad,

Can't speak alot about the SPECIFIC training, but as a diver (trained by a former SEAL), I can get you in the right direction.

PHYSICS !!

Boyles Law, gas expansion, depth = pressure.... lots of that.
    Partial gas pressure x depth
    Nitrogen Narcosis
    Oxygen toxicity
    Air embolisisms

All of that before he ever gets wet.
    Then it's about FOCUS
    Focus on your depth, breath rate, gear, buddy, tasks

How to recover from a mask knocked off at 60 feet (I've had it happen)
    Gear malfunctions, buddy trouble, etc.

Sport Diving is one of the FEW sports with virtually ZERO government interferrence. Mainly because the sport does such a good job of regulating itself.
    And I know Sport and Military diving are different, but they are also the same.
    It's science, physology, .... and an absolute BLAST !!

He'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud USMC Dad
    Can anyone tell me more about Force Recon Pre Dive training that my son is currently going through in Okinawa, Japan. I get the impression that the training pushes them beyound most boundaries of physical endurance.
    Dad, the human body is an amazing machine. Like an engine, some has more torque than other's. They will figure out to the decimal point what your son is capable of. If I remember right, the elite few in Recon, about one out of thirty made the grade. I really don't know if the Corp's has lowered the standards of qualification, but one volunteered for this. We're not like the army, they guarantee a recruit any field if qualified mentally, now physicaly is another subject.

The professionals training your son will find his peak torque and if he dosen't make the grade, you can still be proud of him being accepted for the training, and it's not a disgrace for not making the cut, just knowing that the board of officer's and enlisted in that job picked him for giving a go at the training.

Just remember, the dumb question is the one that's not asked!
    Semper fi. hmckinley

Thumbs up Pre-Dive Training Completed-Hoorah

Thank You hmckinley & mrbsox for repsonding to my inquiry. It is very much appreciated! Getting experienced veteran thoughts and comments is helpful to me to better understand what he is going through. Also, I pass on your comments to him which can only help him to be even better prepared. Since I have not experienced this training myself it's hard for me to be helpful to him...so my heartfelt thanks to you!

Also, I am happy to report that John (USMC RECON Son) called last to tell me he had completing the pre-dive training. Other than being very tired and not feeling real well he was proud to have finished the training. He told me that over 1/2 of the original starting group did not. He is now on to intensive EMC (Emergency Medical Training) for about a month before he goes on to complete the Naval Diving & Salavage Training in Panama City, Florida.

Any other thoughs or advice is appreciated!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    go to force recon assn (they have a web site). lot of useful information for you there. Force Recon myself for period of time and loved every second of it.

Thread Information