Thank you for this.
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thank you for this.

Thank you Shaffer for adding this forum . It help some of the parents that have quetions.
    I know sometimes I would like to put my two cents worth in other spots but feel like it is not my place. But now it might work here.

Last edited by jinelson; 01-03-07 at 12:46 PM.

Come on...I like Your two cents

Ellie

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hey Dale, I think we can bump you up to, "Its your dime, shoot."

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Well Thank You Yellowwing..

Again I want to thank all for the advice you all have givin me and my family over the last two years. From the time our son was a poolee to now a Lcpl. it has been a godsend some times.
    Now having a forum for the families and spouse's will give them a place to ask questions a even maybe vent sometimes when it seems to get to hard .
    I know this site provides insight to the things Marines do and have done in the past , all lessons learned from sometimes hard knocks.
    This web site is the one place I really feel like this Family looks out for all of us that are part of the MARINE FAMILY.
    The new family forum is open and I hope the families will use it too ask quetions of the ones that have been there and done it.
    I know many have helped us , Yellowwing, Ssgt. Nelson, Chopper, Greensideout and many others.
    I know Ellie has kept me a couple of times in check and saved me from going over the line.
    Thank you Shaffer for the avitar and this forum again I hope we use it well.

Permission to come aboard?

Good morning to you all. My name is Lori; I'm the PROUD Mom of Two of The Few. Thank you for having this forum for parents.

My two Marine sons are currently IRR. They are Hollywood Marines. The oldest is 3521, Motor T Mechanic; the middle son is a Fire Dawg, 7051. They are both veterans of OIF. I'm hoping my youngest follows them to the Yellow Footprints, but even if he doesn't, I know how proud he is of his brothers. I'm incredibly proud of all three of my boys - and can't believe the blessings I've been given as their mama.

I hope to not be a nuisance here. I'll strive to be a helpful, productive and squared-away member.

God bless all our Marines and Corpsmen, our troops wherever they are, and the families who support them.

On this day in Marine Corps History: 8 January 1815: Marines, with Andrew Jackson's help, repulsed British forces at New Orleans.

"A nation that draws too broad a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

Welcome usmcholmans

Ellie

I want to add my thanks. Until now, I have posted a number of times in Poolee Hall and participated in Chat. The Marines have been very helpful to me and supportive. They also put up with all of my bragging about my "expert" rifleman and PFC!

I really do feel like I'm becoming more a part of the Marine family now.

It's great to have a place just for parents. We don't "belong" in the threads meant for Marines and we have our own issues to deal with.

Interestingly, I find myself with dual membership, I guess. I have a son, age 14 who can't wait to graduate and join the Corps. Also, I have a 15 year-old step son who has made the Corps part of his 5-year plan. In addition, their best buddy from across the street, age 16 is pushing them to get involved in ROTC in high school, and he has asked me to prepare him for the Corps when he graduates next year. My kids really look up to him and are really following his lead on a lot of things, which is great because he is a pretty squared away kid. All three have taken some advice from me so far, as to putting a 5-year plan in place and working toward achieving goals on a timeline. If nothing else, I will be popular with the recruiters over the next few years! One problem though, the 15-year old has started having grand mal seizures, the cause of which is currently unknown, so I don't know if he has a future in the military at all. I don't plan to mention it to him until the time is nearer, and we know if the seizures are ongoing, or if they have stopped by then. Either way, if he continues to follow my lead, and the example of their friend across the street, he will be prepared for just about anything that life has to offer at the time. Well, talk to you all later!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Great to see it being used.

It is great to see this is being used.
    I had a burr in my backside today listening to the whine libs say it is again just like vietnam.
    I would like to correct me if I come off to strong , but My son joined the Marine Corp knowing what he was getting into and the draft has not been in effect for many years.
    As a parent it chaps my ass to have some lib compare what our sons and daughters are doing to what happen in vietnam.
    This fight needs to be fought all the way thru and not from some fat senator or congressman looking to run for preisdent.

03xx Dad, you are dead on right.

The "left" hasn't the faintest clue what they are doing, nor do they much care. They are scared of "us", meaning, those who go out and do the things that they could NEVER, in their wildest dreams, do, because it scares the living crap out of them.

Thread Information