Question for Royal Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for Royal Marines

I have a question I've always wondered about. Are the Royal Marines known as the eliete of the sevices? Like here in the states everyone knows that Marines are the toughest bastards going. I guess the only way to explain what i mean is if there is a well former cameron highlander in a bar and then there is a Royal Marine do they know a Royal Marine can take him in a pub brawl?

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    MacAngus,

With all due respect to your Scottish heritage - and with a nod to mine - I would put the cash on the Royal in a heartbeat. I have too many Royal Marine friends not to bet on them.

Remember that the Royal marines publish a saying on their website about their length of training time - 6 months of training, everything else is just for cannon fodder.

Yep, my money on the bar brawl winner goes to the Royal - and also, he probably can drink any Cameron Highlander under the table with no porblem.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The advert says

Royal Marines Commando

99.9% need not apply!!

Thats a great slogan. I have another question. Are the Royal Marines primarily english or are there also scots and irish or welsh. The only thing I know about the british military are thier pipe bands. I don't want to be ignorant so thats why i ask

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Royal Marines are recruited from all parts of the United Kingdom, plus some from Commonwealth countries. Gary has already answered your question about elite forces.

Based on my own 23 years experience, Royal Marines do not normally go looking for a fight, but should one be forced upon him he will invariably finish it. There are the idiots out there who want to prove that they are tougher than a Royal Marines Commando.

Andy O.

Its not how you handle yourself in a pub brawl, its how you react on active service when the sh** hits the fan. Apart from that the only interesting thing with scot in its name comes in a bottle.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool

YO~HIGHLANDER!HOW FAR 'BAC AS FAR AS INCEPTION,DO THE ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO'S GO? LIKE OUR'S NOV.10-1775! OR WERE THEIR ANY OF YOU'R OLDER BROTHER'S ON OUR SOIL FOR THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR??? ENJOY YOU'R CRUMPET'S & TEA !!!HAVE A GOOD DAY. S/F~10/4~20/20

I've met plenty of royal Marines in kuwait who were weegies. Is it a territorial thing? I guess everything the scots invented isn't interesting no not at all.We wouldn't be sitting here doing this if it weren't for the scots. Although I love a good single malt. Weren't the first snipers from the highlands.I've heard that they were the first ones to have shooting competitions. I'm not positive but I've read that the ghillies on scottish estates were the first snipers and also that many armed forces from the world over do their sniper training in the highlands. ALBA GU BRA Slainte Maith

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Mr.cave Mann~the Father Of The Modern Sniper

(LMAO) THE FIRST SNIPER WAS MY GREATEST GRANPAPPY,HE BEING A CAVEMAN!MANY,MANY MOON'S AGO!HE WOULD STALK A WOLLY MAMMOTH,FOR WEEK'S THEN;WHEN THE WOLLY WAS SLEEPING.HE'D JUMP UP AND RAM HIS SPEAR,INTO IT'S EYE;ALL THE WAY TOO THE BRAIN!HIS NAME WAS MR.ROCK MANN~LATER ON HIS ANCESTOR'S RESIDED ON THE(ISLE OF MAN)LIFE WAS MUCH EASIER THEN,THEY ONLY HAD TOO KILL VIKING'S EVERY OTHER DAY!!! SEMPER~SPEARHEAD!!!

Per Mare Per Terras Is my Clan Badge is that the royal marines Semper Fi?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up The Brotherhood

COULD BE MY BROTHER?MY CLAN BADGE IS"PAYBAC IS A MUTHA FUC'ER" SEMPER FIDELIS~MARINE!!!

Man, US Marines and Royal Marines. Talk about a Kick-Ass force for Peace!

Thats a bodacious Ohraaaaaa!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacerunner
    Its not how you handle yourself in a pub brawl, its how you react on active service when the sh** hits the fan. Apart from that the only interesting thing with scot in its name comes in a bottle.
    James Kirkpatrick once said "the only good thing in Scotland is the high road leading out, to England!" He said it at the Highland Games in N.C. Ballsy, that!
    As far as Scottish liquor; they've been trying to figure out what the Irish perfected over 500 years ago; IRISH WHISKEY!!!

Keep trying, Scotties, you'll surely get better at it!

you're kidding right irish whiskey i hope you're not talking about the ***** **** jameison.Let me tell ya thats real smooth or maybe powers?Nope can't be that sucks too. The only good irish whiskey in my opinion is michael collins single malt and that still dosen't compare to an 18 year old MacAllan or some Islay single malts.I bet everyone that likes jameison has kissed the blarney stone too

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAngus
    you're kidding right irish whiskey i hope you're not talking about the ***** **** jameison.Let me tell ya thats real smooth or maybe powers?Nope can't be that sucks too. The only good irish whiskey in my opinion is michael collins single malt and that still dosen't compare to an 18 year old MacAllan or some Islay single malts.I bet everyone that likes jameison has kissed the blarney stone too
    I agree; Jamisons' is catholic crap! Old Bushmills' has been at it since 1609 and had it right from the first! Even being bought out by the french couldn't ruin it! I was a scotch drinker until I tried Bushmills' and realized what I had been looking for! Bushmills' was invented to prevent the Irish from taking over the world. Who would want to leave the old sod as long as you had good whiskey?

Thread Information