MV-22 Ospreys...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MV-22 Ospreys...

I wanted to get every one's opinion here... What do you guys think of the Osprey...

What do you think about them saying it will be deployed this year?

Are they still having problems falling out of the sky.

Recon

lol Not really,

Dont quote me on this but if i'm not mistaken the last crash was about 7 years ago...

We already have two squadrons on the east coast, should be taking over another 46 squadron soon... and will then be going to the west coast...

Oh and the Osprey might be deploying by the end of this year...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If it doesent twist and turn crash and burn its not Marine air transportation!

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    just like the first harriers-YO-YO's

The V-22 will get Marines to and from the fight much faster than the aging fleet of helos we still use.

The V-22 has been falling out of the sky for years. I was in Crash Crew from 84-88 and not much has changed with the V-22. Someone needs to tell the contractor to fix it or eat the contract. It is bull that this thing was allowed to move to testing in the Fleet before all of the bugs were worked out!!

well remember last crash with Marines who died in yuma back on '00.

Im not sure how this plane would act in the fleet but guess we'll see

Well we already have two fleet squadrons and a training squadron here in New River... and they fly around every day... doesnt really seem to have all the problems it had before..

They were also in Yuma last year and we didnt hear anything bad about that...

There is nothing like the old UH34. It was slow but you could shoot the crap out of them and they still would get you back

They do come here to Yuma from time to time, however i hear that they might be stationing a squadron of those things here. Maybe im just a naive, suicidal Lance Criminal, but, i would much rather be able to open up with a door gun at the LZ then ride in one of those things. For some reason we always try to replace things that dont have problems.

You say that you would much rather open up with a door gun, are you implying that the V-22 is unarmed?

They have added a M240D to the ramp, On a swivel mount, So you have have people running in behind you and not risk shooting another Marine...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by LoCapitano
    You say that you would much rather open up with a door gun, are you implying that the V-22 is unarmed?
    Not at all am i implying that! Just implying i would love to be on the door gun of a helo, and light up an LZ, with no real care as to where the enemy is concentrated, just which general area to saturate.

Quote Originally Posted by GangWayDevilDog
    Not at all am i implying that! Just implying i would love to be on the door gun of a helo, and light up an LZ, with no real care as to where the enemy is concentrated, just which general area to saturate.
    Thats every Marine's idea of a good day!

Lots of airplanes crash. Even those that have been through the ringer. I rmember losing buddies on UH-1N's. Lots of 53's ate dirt. Some of this is related to the airplane, others to maint. I hate to hear of Marines going that way, but it is and always has been a part of aviation. The V-22 is a good airplane from what I read and it has the worlds finest keeping it flying.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Semper Fi!

Thread Information