Hello
Create Post

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello my fellow Marines! I just stumbled upon these boards, and thought I would introduce myself. I served from Sept 1994 - March 2000, and was honorably discharged as a Sergeant. Since then, I have been heavily involved in the computer/IT industry. Recently, I have been interested in computer case modification/customization. I recently started working on project USMC. This case is designed to resemble the Dress Blues. I have a complete worklog in progress which you can view here: http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ead.php?t=5940

Here's a picture of my mouse. Unfortunately, when I went to put this back together, the paint smeared because it did not cure enough. I am in the process of repainting it at the moment. I hope you like it.

good luck

Im a big pc modder myself, I love building computers, but also I love taking a stock case and modding out. Ive actually thought about making a Marine Corps PC, havent takent the time yet lol.

Very cool echo3oscar1833. I'd love to see some of your work. Do you have any pics?

Well, Welcome aboard, SgtM.

Sweet!

Best of Luck!

Welcome Aboard!

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    to coin a phrase from independance day....i gotta get me one of these

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog43701
    to coin a phrase from independance day....i gotta get me one of these
    You're not too far from me. I'm just outside of Youngstown, and have an aunt and cousin that live in Zanesville. I'll update my worklog at thebestcasescenario.com regularly. If you really want your mouse modded, we can work something out. It'll take me a couple of weeks though.

Beautiful work, SgtM. We may have to commission you for some custom work on my systems at home.
    Welcome aboard. I'm a newbie here, too. Seems like a friendly place to hang out.
    s/f
    Denny

SgtM- Welcome aboard Marine! Stow your gear by an empty bunk, and pull up a footlocker. Good bunch of Leathernecks here.
    Great work on the mouse, tower cover, etc.! In addition to Dress Blues, can you offer "Greens", "Utilities"(digital, jungle, plain, and the old herringbone), etc?
    drumcorpssnare

Thanks for the welcome and kind words all. It makes me feel good to know that others can appreciate this project as much as I do. I'm glad to be aboard.

drumcorpssnare: The camo pattern might be a little hard to pull off. I've never tried it though, so I don't know for sure. (this is my first mod project) Did you march a Jr. corps? I auditioned for the Bluecoats for their 93 season, but I couldn't afford the tour.

Hey all. I got the body of the mouse repainted, and a new coat of clear down.
    Here's the complete worklog:
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...t=5940&page=10

A new picture (there's more in the worklog):

Thread Information